Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Chaosphere

Reaction score
this product still alive...? is it still need $70k in order to climb the steps every month..? :\
No you don't need full 70k to climb the steps every month. But to maximize the interest is to leave 70k inside, as only first 70k is eligible for the interest.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No you don't need full 70k to climb the steps every month. But to maximize the interest is to leave 70k inside, as only first 70k is eligible for the interest.
is there a min. balance required to avoid fall-below fee? i remember last time I think is $15k or something..

JetStorm

Reaction score
this product still alive...? is it still need $70k in order to climb the steps every month..? :\
Why not? In other threads, people are looking to open scb esaver for the 0.5% interest. Whereas this Citi account is earning 0.61% assuming you are already at step 12. Just need to pump it up max to 70k.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Why not? In other threads, people are looking to open scb esaver for the 0.5% interest. Whereas this Citi account is earning 0.61% assuming you are already at step 12. Just need to pump it up max to 70k.
Haven't touched this account for a damn long while so just a refresher. Now I'm $0. Does adding $0.01 per month for 12 straight months moves the counter?

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Heng I keep this account. Reminds me of sinkies' cheong culture... when ** was announced, people cheong supermarket, when travel bubble was announced, some people cheong book flight, when dine in allowed, people cheong at 12am, when interest drop, people cheong closing account... Ended up most of these acts are unnecessary.

JetStorm

Reaction score
Haven't touched this account for a damn long while so just a refresher. Now I'm $0. Does adding $0.01 per month for 12 straight months moves the counter?
tnc iirc says as long not zero counter should move, but Aum needs to be at least 15k across entire balances to avoid fee.

PentelPaint

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys

is this product still active? i am looking for place to park my no touch but easy liquid emergency fund and figured this might be good option.

is there any reason why this option is not talk about as much as other option like stan chart esaver?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys

is this product still active? i am looking for place to park my no touch but easy liquid emergency fund and figured this might be good option.

is there any reason why this option is not talk about as much as other option like stan chart esaver?
u know the interest rate for this now?

Mephist0pheLes

Master Member
Reaction score
why dont u guys consider things like stashaway simple (projected 1.2%) or endowus cash smart (projected 0.8% to 2.0% depending on what u choose).

granted the return is not guaranteed, but it probably wont stray too far from the projected returns.

aiveee

Reaction score
build up 1 year and only 0.6% ...by then, maybe every other bank have higher interest already.
Yah but they peg to SIBOR so if other banks have higher interest this will change too.
Anyway I kept this account at minimum balance when everyone hopped elsewhere so I'm still at step 12.
Just left the money inside and watch the interest rate drop and feel sad for getting $8 interest even thou i dont need to do anything (credit salary, spend $x, etc)
No harm not to close.
Jiayou.

hungryfella

Reaction score
Surprised nobody complaining abt the latest interest rate revision..

or maybe everyone has given up on this!
Haha

Imhthc

Reaction score
Surprised nobody complaining abt the latest interest rate revision..

or maybe everyone has given up on this!
Haha
Gone are the days with saving interest rate in the range of above 1%. If we look at other banks, there isn’t any attractive vanilla saving acct which give better rates. Vanilla I mean dun need to spend or salary crediting.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Current situation is still better than my Stashaway, Endowus, Syfe & DBS robo...

Utonian

Reaction score
no point complaining already.

those of us who were holding on should probably exit now.
i believe no minimum balance and no fall below fee for citi maxigain already?

maybe keep 100 to rebuild counter

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.