Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hungryfella

Reaction score
Those with more than $20k upto $80k should consider Bank of China Super saver. Open account online. Vanilla and no need to play musical chairs.

https://www.bankofchina.com/sg/pbservice/pb1/202007/t20200731_18246928.html
the only problem is need to unlink paynow from my primary bank to BOC..
Or else the interest rate is quite good for these days.

no point complaining already.

those of us who were holding on should probably exit now.
i believe no minimum balance and no fall below fee for citi maxigain already?

maybe keep 100 to rebuild counter
Yah weird that there is no minimum balance required..
Will probably leave a token sum in there.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bulk of user already left (including me). Complaint 2 years ago and no coming back there after :)

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those with more than $20k upto $80k should consider Bank of China Super saver. Open account online. Vanilla and no need to play musical chairs.

https://www.bankofchina.com/sg/pbservice/pb1/202007/t20200731_18246928.html
the only problem is need to unlink paynow from my primary bank to BOC..
Or else the interest rate is quite good for these days.

Yah weird that there is no minimum balance required..
Will probably leave a token sum in there.

Hi, how much is the interest for BOC SuperSalary?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
my impression of the $15 service fee will be charged start of the month. Has anyone been deducted service fee when you deposit any cash in? My acct was zero for the longest and was testing if my acct is not dormant and whether fee will be charged by depositing 1c. Next day, the 1c was deducted and description is service fee.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can
1) Go in person to bank to terminate account or

2) if u have internet banking, BT out all your $ then call up their customer service and terminate the account.

quite straightforward.

molangtsum

Reaction score
You can
1) Go in person to bank to terminate account or

2) if u have internet banking, BT out all your $ then call up their customer service and terminate the account.

quite straightforward.
Oh haha I mean when to withdraw, as in do I withdraw everything on 1/11, wait for Nov's bonus interest, then close on 1/12?

pchan2018

Reaction score
Oh haha I mean when to withdraw, as in do I withdraw everything on 1/11, wait for Nov's bonus interest, then close on 1/12?
If you have somewhere better to park your $$s, then why wait for 1/12. Just make sure you had your account open for 6mos as per customer service that i talked to. Else it will incur some penalties. Closed mine recently and moved it to SCB eSaver as i got an invitation for 0.6 interest. Better than what im getting now in citi maxi gain. I just transferred everything to SCB and called up citi cust. svc to close it. done..

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh wow...urm..it's been 3-4 years ago since I left this account.

I think if you are hopping to another higher interest bank or account, just leave asap?

molangtsum

Reaction score
If you have somewhere better to park your $$s, then why wait for 1/12. Just make sure you had your account open for 6mos as per customer service that i talked to. Else it will incur some penalties. Closed mine recently and moved it to SCB eSaver as i got an invitation for 0.6 interest. Better than what im getting now in citi maxi gain. I just transferred everything to SCB and called up citi cust. svc to close it. done..

oh wow...urm..it's been 3-4 years ago since I left this account.

I think if you are hopping to another higher interest bank or account, just leave asap?
Okie thanks 😊

JetStorm

Reaction score
no point complaining already.

those of us who were holding on should probably exit now.
i believe no minimum balance and no fall below fee for citi maxigain already?

maybe keep 100 to rebuild counter
Where does it says no fall below fee? I cant find it on the website.

Mephist0pheLes

Master Member
Reaction score
is it a must to terminate account? or can i jus leave it empty?

already transferred every single cent out two months ago.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it a must to terminate account? or can i jus leave it empty?

already transferred every single cent out two months ago.
I emptied the account and used secured email to request to close. They say will close. Now 2 years already I still see the account when I login to check my credit card transactions.

I send reminder 2 times still no action. Give up. As long as they don't charge me fall below fee, I just leave it.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
I emptied the account and used secured email to request to close. They say will close. Now 2 years already I still see the account when I login to check my credit card transactions.

I send reminder 2 times still no action. Give up. As long as they don't charge me fall below fee, I just leave it.
just take note that on surface it doesn't charge cos it don't go into neg bal. once u top any amount in SGD, it will deduct.

i tried with a 1c in SGD, and next day it just auto deduct for the fall below fees. i'm only keeping it to receive foreign currencies from other countries citi account otherwise i would have closed it in total.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.