Citibank SMRT Card

cassowary18

Reaction score
This month I noticed my Citi SMRT rewards balance is not increasing quickly like it normally does as I spend. Anyone else notice anything different?
You're aware of the T&C changes right? I suspect the 4.7% only posts when statement closes

celtosaxon

Reaction score
You're aware of the T&C changes right? I suspect the 4.7% only posts when statement closes
I was not aware… looks like they flipped things, so instead of earning 0.3% less (e.g. 4.7% instead of 5%) you now earn a measly 0.3% instead of 5% unless you spend at least $500 pm. This may not work for me.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always feel their 4.7+0.3 rebate is "upside-down". Effectively, the $300 min spend to get additional 0.3% is only $0.90 less if I don't spend $300...

So, they have make it "right" after all these years...

Only complain is that "min" spend is up from $300 to $500...

Also note that the redemption of SMRT$ is now in blocks of $10, not $5....

celtosaxon

Reaction score
Also note that the redemption of SMRT$ is now in blocks of $10, not $5....
That is not so bad, but flipping it from earning 0.3% less to a whopping 4.7% less if you don’t clear the $500 hurdle… that is a big one - and I know other cards do it… that is why I don’t have them!

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea I recently spend about 3k on online purchases and only receive 0.3 percent.

I guess the other 4.7 is when the billing cycle ends I suppose.

celtosaxon

Reaction score
Yea I recently spend about 3k on online purchases and only receive 0.3 percent.

I guess the other 4.7 is when the billing cycle ends I suppose.
For online purchases, they have several exclusions in the new T&C, for example, many online travel and related expenses are excluded from the 4.7% bonus.

Abide.

Reaction score
Still retaining this card for now (as grocery card) which is much less attractive after the revisions.

unfortunately my monthly spend on grocery wouldn’t suffice for the other cards and this still offers more flexibility (ntuc, ss)

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
For online purchases, they have several exclusions in the new T&C, for example, many online travel and related expenses are excluded from the 4.7% bonus.
Yea. I shop alot in online platforms such as shopee, lazada etc..

Just bought 2 x herman miller aeron..costing me 3k

Bought 2 sets of playstation 5 also. $729 + $729

All online purchases. So I hope I get the 5 percent after the bill cycle.

celtosaxon

Reaction score
Still retaining this card for now (as grocery card) which is much less attractive after the revisions.

unfortunately my monthly spend on grocery wouldn’t suffice for the other cards and this still offers more flexibility (ntuc, ss)
For groceries, from the new T&C’s it looks like any groceries get the 4.7% bonus if you hit the $500 monthly.

Note also there are several items that are not counted - for example, most bill payments do not count toward the $500.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea. I shop alot in online platforms such as shopee, lazada etc..

Just bought 2 x herman miller aeron..costing me 3k

Bought 2 sets of playstation 5 also. $729 + $729

All online purchases. So I hope I get the 5 percent after the bill cycle.
If you are big spender on shoppee, giant, cold storage, grabfood, grabride should take a look at UOB One credit card

spikeling

Reaction score
If you are big spender on shoppee, giant, cold storage, grabfood, grabride should take a look at UOB One credit card

You must be a big spender EVERY MONTH in order to take advantage of the UOB One Card. This SMRT Citi Card is good for ONE TIME BIG SPENDING since the cashback cap is $600 max within 1 year. Therefore it's possible to receive all $600 in 1 statement month.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For UOB one, you either chock up $500 or $2000 per month to get bonus interest rate and quarterly CC rebate....

I think $1000 is not worth if you need to try very hard to achieve that amount of spend per month....

Abide.

Reaction score
For groceries, from the new T&C’s it looks like any groceries get the 4.7% bonus if you hit the $500 monthly.

Note also there are several items that are not counted - for example, most bill payments do not count toward the $500.
Thanks for pointing this out, in fact I missed the revision entirely that it’s now all groceries. Gives me even more flexibility then

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.