Coffee meet bagel app - Part 46

Non-BBFA

Reaction score
my aunties friends all urging me to marry... said scared i old will be lonely.

my uncle colleagues more philosophical, said there are good and bad sides of marriage lah. will come one will come.

the younger ones all tried to console me saying i have time (females), males idk since not big enough sample size(lol).

20 yrs older? That's a big gap leh. but i guess you learnt a lot from them too. i like talking to older people because their thinking is sometimes so different from mine, it gives me perspective.
Told you we can fill in the male sample size for your research :)

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This can also be a convenient excuse cooked up by gers to tell bbfas they are not interested, also termed by JJ korkor as 善意谎言. Bbfas need to be very wary of this to avoid getting heartbroken too often :(

It will be hard to get confirmation in the early stages as neither side owes the other anything yet this at this point :(
i also experienced this with guys. just normal convo. then one day blue tick never reply back.

might have dodged a bullet as kuudere said. avoidant personalities better not engage with them for your own good!

Kuudere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This can also be a convenient excuse cooked up by gers to tell bbfas they are not interested, also termed by JJ korkor as 善意谎言. Bbfas need to be very wary of this to avoid getting heartbroken too often :(

It will be hard to get confirmation in the early stages as neither side owes the other anything yet this at this point :(
Excuse to distance themselves from you, but then there is not much point except to move forward

Heartbroken is normal, sometimes I think it's better not to get into romance with someone that don't like you as much as you like them. Only time can tell

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I kpo and ask their profiles? Above average looking dudes holding on to good jobs?
hmmm yup pretty much hit the nail on the head.

one takes 8-10 hours to reply. by that time i started chatting with new people liao.

but the whole cycle is pretty tiring. its always start off with quick replies. then dunno what to say, slow down liao. sometimes if i feel its nearing the death spiral, if there's chance i will hint like wyd on the weekend etc. but taking hours to reply, cannot lah. havent started already interest not there, how to begin.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm yup pretty much hit the nail on the head.

one takes 8-10 hours to reply. by that time i started chatting with new people liao.

but the whole cycle is pretty tiring. its always start off with quick replies. then dunno what to say, slow down liao. sometimes if i feel its nearing the death spiral, if there's chance i will hint like wyd on the weekend etc. but taking hours to reply, cannot lah. havent started already interest not there, how to begin.
Have u also taken longer to reply before e.g. half a day? And the reason for it, was it due to having less interests compared to other matches? :o

Have u given dead responses before?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Have u also taken longer to reply before e.g. half a day? And the reason for it, was it due to having less interests compared to other matches? :o

Have u given dead responses before?
I probably will take quite a long time if I'm very busy with work. And to be honest I can understand if the other party takes some time to reply too.

For the mid twenties and above type of age group, our commitments already starting to shift (more career-oriented) and cannot expect lightning quick replies.

But if blue tick me and never reply (1 day and above), it's probably suggesting no interest.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
And I've collected some statistics on my matches...most girls won't reply as fast at first (probably coz they have a lot of matches to deal with? or unsure). But a fair few will start replying faster and faster. Those are the ones showing interest.

You guys know my date last Sunday? she replies me damn fast now despite work lol. And she went to auto arrange a date without asking me some more. Sadly I'm busy due to work zzz.

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Can always msg back or set respond such as : I am busy right now at certain times.... . Or get back to you soon leh ...instead of putting people in suspend mode ..it also show that you are willing to commit

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Can always msg back or set respond such as : I am busy right now at certain times.... . Or get back to you soon leh ...instead of putting people in suspend mode ..it also show that you are willing to commit
To me, this kind of reply doesn't seem to make a difference. There was a match who said that to me, and only replied my messages a few days later...wth

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
To me, this kind of reply doesn't seem to make a difference. There was a match who said that to me, and only replied my messages a few days later...wth
It do....lar ...at least it you put you on guessing whether is she want to be friends boh . rather than once match put you on suspension and guess mode

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And I've collected some statistics on my matches...most girls won't reply as fast at first (probably coz they have a lot of matches to deal with? or unsure). But a fair few will start replying faster and faster. Those are the ones showing interest.

You guys know my date last Sunday? she replies me damn fast now despite work lol. And she went to auto arrange a date without asking me some more. Sadly I'm busy due to work zzz.
yeah, I had a match she takes one day to reply per convo. After our first meetup, she replies instantly (I'm not even kidding, like instant blue tick instant reply).

Sadly I'm not keen :frown: :frown:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Sounds like u are going to graduate soon. :o
Still too early to say haha. This has happened a few times before, but somehow just realised both parties not suitable for each other hmmm
yeah, I had a match she takes one day to reply per convo. After our first meetup, she replies instantly (I'm not even kidding, like instant blue tick instant reply).

Sadly I'm not keen :frown: :frown:
Able to share why not keen? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.