Collection of New Car

hilove

Reaction score
Hi everyone, would like to check with u guys... Usually how soon can u collect the car after it has been reg? (I was expecting nextday but AD said 2 days later. I also heard someone ever collect car same day as reg). Will we be Able to nego this?

Also usually how much fuel do they provide for car delivery? And what's the acceptable mileage that I will be expecting to see?

My first time so need some advice here.
TIA. :)

sigeena

Reaction score
You buy from AD or PI?

2 days is acceptable as they sometimes do touch up or apply solar film.

2 days only. Fuel is maybe 1 quarter. Its not a big deal lah, maybe 5 dollars worth.

Acceptable mileage? Less than 50km?

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My SE helped me registered and collect on same day. Quarter tank. Mileage about 20km

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You buy from AD or PI?

2 days is acceptable as they sometimes do touch up or apply solar film.

2 days only. Fuel is maybe 1 quarter. Its not a big deal lah, maybe 5 dollars worth.

Acceptable mileage? Less than 50km?
Actually not acceptable as there is no need to register the car before doing up the solar film and all. They will not be driving the car on the roads to the installer to get all the stuff done before delivery. Touch up can be done without registering also.

As for the mileage, anywhere between 20-50 or slightly more. Petrol wise, depends on the AD... I know BMW is full tank delivery. Merc is not, and JDMs are about 10L in the car.

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whatever fuel inside is paid by you when you bought it anyway, lol. But it surely will last your trip to a station. Don't worry.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U read the sales agreement. Iirc, mine said delivery within a week, so anything within the sales agreement is reasonable. That being said, I got mine the next day after I received the new car transfer lta sms.

Petrol iirc is 1/4 tank. Drove back home and immediately go to pump full tank.

Mileage iirc they got put inside the vehicle handling/ taking over checklist. Iirc, my checklist said not more than 30km. Mine clocked ~15km iirc when I took the car.

Sent from 雪花飘飘北风啸啸, 天地一片苍茫
一剪寒梅, 傲立雪中, 只为伊人飘香 using GAGT

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, would like to check with u guys... Usually how soon can u collect the car after it has been reg? (I was expecting nextday but AD said 2 days later. I also heard someone ever collect car same day as reg). Will we be Able to nego this?

Also usually how much fuel do they provide for car delivery? And what's the acceptable mileage that I will be expecting to see?

Two days okok.. Fuel level depends. I used to indicate to SE that give full tank before sign on the papers.

Mileage usually below 50km bah.

Unless you stated clearly in regards to fuel level in most cases.

AD also wana fast fast hand over the car to you then they can collect comms.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh. Might want to check your tyre pressure too. My tyres were pumped bah bah 2.8 Bar. Probably due to cold storage. :s22:

Last edited:

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my ritual after collecting new car is to top it up fully immediate after collection

crazythen

Reaction score
U read the sales agreement. Iirc, mine said delivery within a week, so anything within the sales agreement is reasonable. That being said, I got mine the next day after I received the new car transfer lta sms.

Petrol iirc is 1/4 tank. Drove back home and immediately go to pump full tank.

Mileage iirc they got put inside the vehicle handling/ taking over checklist. Iirc, my checklist said not more than 30km. Mine clocked ~15km iirc when I took the car.

If trips in SG why need to pump full tank and carry the deadweight around? I will pump based on the promo threshold from SPC (nearby).

Anyway, for TS - I collected the car in 2 days from registration, 1/4 fuel tank, and 9km on the odo.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If trips in SG why need to pump full tank and carry the deadweight around? I will pump based on the promo threshold from SPC (nearby).

Anyway, for TS - I collected the car in 2 days from registration, 1/4 fuel tank, and 9km on the odo.

Problem is always need to visit petrol stn more frequently.
If you light user, is fine.

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
AD dependent

same day collection is possible but 2 days after registration is possible as well.

but rmb clock starts ticking once it's registered, so can try ask for registration in morning and collection in the afternoon

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Becos not everyone drives so few km per day like u :)

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score

the fuel will never be full, u got half can happy already.

Sent from Samsung SM-J320G using GAGT

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Mileage wise... usually it depends on whether the car is driven to some 3rd party installers to install the accessories or in-house installation.

Last time, 2 cars bought years apart had the mileage of 50+ Km upon collection from AD. I was told the cars were driven to install some anti-rust things and reverse sensors. Situations may have improved now.

Fast forward to recent years, my last and current rides (different AD) were less than 10km; accessories were installed in house.

Fuels were at 1/4 mark years ago and recent year.

Another thing to note is the high tires pressures at collection, so the drive may be harsh before the pressures are re-adjusted.

hilove

Reaction score
AD dependent

same day collection is possible but 2 days after registration is possible as well.

but rmb clock starts ticking once it's registered, so can try ask for registration in morning and collection in the afternoon

Yeah exactly that's why I didn't really like the idea it's 2 days later. But AD say for them is like this.

I would also think install solar film and basic assesories etc could have been done before Reg so I wonder why need 2 days before they can handover to me.. The only thing after reg they need to do will only be number plate?

hilove

Reaction score
Oh. Might want to check your tyre pressure too. My tyres were pumped bah bah 2.8 Bar. Probably due to cold storage. :s22:

Oh so u drove to petrol kiosk and check pressure immediately after collection and pump to the recommended pressure in their guide book or something?

hilove

Reaction score
Will full. U ask the SA to top up full before u sign. They will get it sorted.

Before we sign on sales agreement u mean? So that time never nego on this fueltank then now ask most likely can't get alr loh?

Eh full tank but they might give u cheapest fuel grade?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.