Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if port in to traffic light telco frm gomo or giga
still can get port-in bonus? anyone tried?

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
sevensomerset already calculated. I have calculated.

It doesn't seem to result in a lower overall subscription cost if you sign and sell the phone.

So I don't know which phone or promotion Shadowz1984 mentioned that can reduce the overall subscription cost.

For the concern than you raised, it is not really valid for someone who is really discipline. Someone who is discipline may not over-spend just because he got the cash upfront.
I didn't track the current promotion, so I am not sure about the current situation. But few months back, I am very sure it is cheaper. For example during the chinese new year period, M1 is having promotion on iphone XR. You can sign up mysim70 plan with cis, so monthly plan price is $45.50 after cis discount for 35gb data. You get to buy iphone xr 128gb for $168. The selling price of iphone xr 128gb back then is around $950. With that, you are effectively paying less than $13 per month for 35gb data. I signed up for that.

Few months back, starhub is selling huawei p30 pro with the $50 plan for $200 plus. With cis discount, monthly plan price is $40. Selling price for p30 pro back then is around $900. So effectively the monthly plan price is less than $14.

As mentioned, I did not follow the current offers, so you have to check first to see if it is better or not.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
hmm...
i checked starhub cis
if tk ip11pro max 512GB(midnight green can fetch $1980)
$35/mth for the lowest plan
still need to pay $23+/mth aftr sold the phone
and i only gt 15GB/mth

still better to get sim only plan for my case
You have to compare the various phones, storage capacities etc to determine which phone will give you the maximum profit. Like for example, previously getting iphone xr to sell gets you more profit than iphone xs/iphone xs max. It's not necessarily that the most expensive iphone will get you the most profit. You have to do some homework to check the different brands and models.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Last edited:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have to compare the various phones, storage capacities etc to determine which phone will give you the maximum profit. Like for example, previously getting iphone xr to sell gets you more profit than iphone xs/iphone xs max. It's not necessarily that the most expensive iphone will get you the most profit. You have to do some homework to check the different brands and models.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

yeah i think it depends on the phone... CIS may be cheaper overall depending on which phone u choose... some cheap phones u may pay $0 with phone contract but the phone itself not very ex... then CIS is more $$$...

without CIS it is almost always cheaper to go with no phone contract... :s13:

regards,
wacky

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With M1 no longer offering free caller ID for recontracting customers, that should be the killer blow for existing users to switch out to ST/SH or other MVNOs.

that's what i am doing for my parents lines.

i may port out too even tho i got the free CID until further notice.

the reason is ... m1 4g data connection is not as stable as before anymore.

sometimes full 4g bar also no connection wan :(

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't track the current promotion, so I am not sure about the current situation. But few months back, I am very sure it is cheaper. For example during the chinese new year period, M1 is having promotion on iphone XR. You can sign up mysim70 plan with cis, so monthly plan price is $45.50 after cis discount for 35gb data. You get to buy iphone xr 128gb for $168. The selling price of iphone xr 128gb back then is around $950. With that, you are effectively paying less than $13 per month for 35gb data. I signed up for that.

Few months back, starhub is selling huawei p30 pro with the $50 plan for $200 plus. With cis discount, monthly plan price is $40. Selling price for p30 pro back then is around $900. So effectively the monthly plan price is less than $14.

As mentioned, I did not follow the current offers, so you have to check first to see if it is better or not.

OK I see. I will monitor next few promotions from my CIS.

angryuser123

Reaction score

Am i correct in thinking for m1 sim free plans, even thought they only offer 6 months caller id for port ins, all you need to do is to port out 1 month (after 6 months) and port on again to enjoy another 6 months free caller id? Seems do-able

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am i correct in thinking for m1 sim free plans, even thought they only offer 6 months caller id for port ins, all you need to do is to port out 1 month (after 6 months) and port on again to enjoy another 6 months free caller id? Seems do-able
That's a good idea. Haha but don't think usually people will want to go through multiple "porting" process.

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

TitanSmall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sign up for the redone 8 bucks plan for my mum. Was previously on circle Flexi. Not enough talk time for her.

Anyway need to pay 10 bucks for the redone SIM card.

hk7310

Reaction score
Just sign up for the redone 8 bucks plan for my mum. Was previously on circle Flexi. Not enough talk time for her.

Anyway need to pay 10 bucks for the redone SIM card.

when you sign up?

how you find their data consuming, reasonable? As some forumer comments that some telco they offer cheap but their data consumption is calculate in a block of 1MB, 100kb or etc.. Hence, data will use up easily.

TitanSmall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when you sign up?

how you find their data consuming, reasonable? As some forumer comments that some telco they offer cheap but their data consumption is calculate in a block of 1MB, 100kb or etc.. Hence, data will use up easily.

Today... Haven't start using yet. But is ok for my mum ba.. she also don't use much data outside

hk7310

Reaction score
Are you using it now? How you find it, compare in relation to your previous telco plan? How fast it fast? As I may move over.

redONE have updated their TNC but data still deplete very fast.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when you sign up?

for me i hardly use more than 1GB every month... cos most of the time i'm using TPG for data.... redone data is as backup... :D

regards,
wacky

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Whopping lots of data. Crazy for the average user.

Lol, sorry to pass off as slightly conceited, but I represent users on the other extreme. Having a Singtel XO 2018 plan that gives 23.79GB per month plus free weekend data, as well as an M1 OnePlan with 185GB (reduced to 180GB from Jun 2020) and free weekend data.

In total, a whopping unfettered 208.79GB of data (or 368.79GB if you count in the weekend data at 10GB/day). Crazy haha. Gonna cancel Singtel plan or maybe downgrade it to SIM Only once contract expires or reaches 21st month in July 2020.

All of these for about 175.95 SGD every month. Normally prioritise whichever cycle is ending. IE to say if 4 October, and then Singtel cycle is 1 Nov but M1 cycle is 10 Oct end, then prioritise M1 haha.

for me i hardly use more than 1GB every month... cos most of the time i'm using TPG for data.... redone data is as backup... :D

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

squarepipe

Reaction score
Lol, sorry to pass off as slightly conceited, but I represent users on the other extreme. Having a Singtel XO 2018 plan that gives 23.79GB per month plus free weekend data, as well as an M1 OnePlan with 185GB (reduced to 180GB from Jun 2020) and free weekend data.

In total, a whopping unfettered 208.79GB of data (or 368.79GB if you count in the weekend data at 10GB/day). Crazy haha. Gonna cancel Singtel plan or maybe downgrade it to SIM Only once contract expires or reaches 21st month in July 2020.

All of these for about 175.95 SGD every month. Normally prioritise whichever cycle is ending. IE to say if 4 October, and then Singtel cycle is 1 Nov but M1 cycle is 10 Oct end, then prioritise M1 haha.

Unlimited data plans in SG are really lousy compared to other countries. On average $50-$100 will get you an effectively unlimited plan. Only in SG you can pay through your nose and still not get a unlimited plan

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wat do u do to need so much data...?? or do u are one of those that replace your broadband with mobile data...?? :s11::s11:

regards,
wacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.