Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some said SH the best. Some said M1. Some said CL the best. Some stick to Singtel. Some said TPG the best.

So depend on who you willing to listen and which telco they are using.

there is no 1 size fits all... so what is best for some will not be the best for another person... that's why each camp has its own supporters..

but bottomline is.... always do your OWN homework and decide based on your OWN NEEDS... and don't be biased and restrict yourself to a particular telco if you want the best plan that suite your needs... other ppl can at most advice you on wat is good... wat are the differences between the plans...

regards,
wacky

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no one best of the best sim only plan. It really depends on your usage and what you want, leaving aside some reception and connection issues aside.

For cheapest plans..

For M1

M1 mysim3 20(12mth) 15GB, 100min, 100sms/mms, unlimited weekend data, free caller Id, free auto roam. All for $20/mth.
Add on additional 25GB for $5.
port-in promo free additional 800mins.
Safra member extra 1GB.
Hence, you get 41GB for $25/mth.

M1 mysim 3 20(no contract) 15GB, 100min, 100sms/mms, unlimited data. All for $20/mth.
Add $5 for additional 25GB.
Add $5 for caller ID.

*M1 unlimited weekend data is not applicable for mysim 3 98*
*Unlimited Weekend data is capped at 10GB per day, thereafter throttle 1mbps*

Singtel
Gomo (no contract) $20
20GB 200sms 200mins
Free caller ID.
Add $10 for additional 10GB, 100min and 100sms

Sim only (12mth)
20GB, 150min, 500sms
Port in promo: free caller ID,
Free 3 months SPOTIFY
All for $20/mth

Sim only (no contract)

Starhub (no contract)
13GB, 100mins, free caller ID and unlimited weekend data and free roaming (opt-in)
Add $20 for additional 50GB data.
* speed will throttle to 1mbps after exceeding that extra 50GB data*

This is all for the 3 telco, other mvno has other unique offerings as well. If you want more talk time and SMS, it will be myrepublic. They offer 1k SMS and 1k mins

Last edited:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry i mean free roaming. Looks like starhub

So for no contract, if need roaming go for starhub, if dont need roaming go for gomo?

Big Three all have free roaming, just that StarHub waived off the Roaming Subscription fee. Pay per use roaming is available for SingTel and M1 for free, but charges will add 20% surcharge compared to Roaming Subscription (note: different carriers have different charges in the first place for roaming).

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no one best of the best sim only plan. It really depends on your usage and what you want, leaving aside some reception and connection issues aside.

For M1

M1 (12mth) 15GB, 100min, 100sms/mms, unlimited weekend data, free caller Id, free auto roam. All for $20/mth.
Add on additional 25GB for $5.
port-in promo free additional 800mins.
Safra member extra 1GB.
Hence, you get 41GB for $25/mth.

M1 (no contract) 15GB, 100min, 100sms/mms, unlimited data. All for $20/mth.
Add $5 for additional 25GB.
Add $5 for caller ID.

Singtel
Gomo (no contract) $20
20GB 200sms 200mins
Free caller ID.
Add $10 for additional 10GB, 100min and 100sms

Sim only (12mth)
20GB, 150min, 500sms
Port in promo: free caller ID,
Free 3 months SPOTIFY
All for $20/mth

Sim only (no contract)

Starhub (no contract)
13GB, 100mins, free caller ID and unlimited weekend data.
Add $20 for additional 50GB data.

This is all for the 3 telco, other mvno has other unique offerings as well. If you want more talk time and SMS, it will be myrepublic. They offer 1k SMS and 1k mins

Correction:
- M1: mySIM plans do have Unlimited Weekend VAS now. Charges waived off till December 2020. Applicable for all mySIM customers except unlimited plan users (mySIM 3 98 unlimited or mySIM e 118).
- StarHub: Add $20 for 50GB full speed data on top of main bundle, unlimited 1Mbps thereafter.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry i mean free roaming. Looks like starhub

So for no contract, if need roaming go for starhub, if dont need roaming go for gomo?
Not sure if postpaid is Same as prepaid, but I bought a starhub prepaid years ago exclusively for roaming. It was good at first, but nowadays in JB, I can barely get reception (need to keep toggling on and off, restarting phone etc) even though it shows 4g+ at the top. Useless for getting grab etc. Bangkok also had similar issues, though not as frequent

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correction:
- M1: mySIM plans do have Unlimited Weekend VAS now. Charges waived off till December 2020. Applicable for all mySIM customers except unlimited plan users (mySIM 3 98 unlimited or mySIM e 118).
- StarHub: Add $20 for 50GB full speed data on top of main bundle, unlimited 1Mbps thereafter.
Thanks, made some amendments. I was laying out those cheapest plans, not focusing on the mysim 3 98.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Big Three all have free roaming, just that StarHub waived off the Roaming Subscription fee. Pay per use roaming is available for SingTel and M1 for free, but charges will add 20% surcharge compared to Roaming Subscription (note: different carriers have different charges in the first place for roaming).

I see. I know this is true for the non sim only plans. So it is also true for the sim only plans. Anyone tried and confirmed for the big 3 sim only?

Streetwise

Reaction score
You pay the phone on 24mths installment?

Nope. cash txn. Buy from Carousell who bought the phones and sell......much cheaper than actual retail shops.

If pay installment must buy from retailers tat offer such.....and u pay RRP price....totally not worth.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. cash txn. Buy from Carousell who bought the phones and sell......much cheaper than actual retail shops.

If pay installment must buy from retailers tat offer such.....and u pay RRP price....totally not worth.

Oh yup, like S10e its selling RRP. But if get from Kasia, it's much cheaper.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some said SH the best. Some said M1. Some said CL the best. Some stick to Singtel. Some said TPG the best.

So depend on who you willing to listen and which telco they are using.
Ya lor, more or less, most are the same

If the network is bad at your home, you can call them up and they will fix it. That was how Singtel, M1, Starhub worked.
People call them one by one and they start expanding the infra to reach out. I think it's an IDA requirement on something

The only thing that is confirmed and tangible is the price. :o

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
is there a cancellation charge if I cancel my M1 contract to join another telco?
You will have to pay the early termination fees. And it depends on what plan you sign. You can refer back to the contract you signed.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

galaxyuser

Reaction score
I myself have tried all 3 MNO networks...

Singtel has been the most consistent, outputting consistent speeds. Latency wise loses out to M1 by a bit but there are some sites M1 network is unable to access for me, whereas I have no issues with Singtel network in accessing those sites. StarHub recent network isn't great, constantly dropping to 0B/s then coming back to normal speeds again. I suspect the data allocated is per block for StarHub... Won't depend on StarHub due to this problem I got with their network.. not consistent in data speed.

I just want Singtel to be more flexible with their data roaming packages, and in future maybe allow for something similar to Data Passport to be implemented. Also hope for Singtel to grant free Unlimited Weekend Data for all subscribers, even those on Combo XO plans.

Ya lor, more or less, most are the same

If the network is bad at your home, you can call them up and they will fix it. That was how Singtel, M1, Starhub worked.
People call them one by one and they start expanding the infra to reach out. I think it's an IDA requirement on something

The only thing that is confirmed and tangible is the price. :o

starship888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u simply just want M1... i'd say just be patient and wait a while... i'm sure they wouldn't wan to be left as the only telco without a SIM only plan that cost $20 (or less) including caller ID... :s13:

regards,
wacky

I've also been on M1 MySim20 No Contract. Been waiting for them to offer free Caller ID till neck long long. Tempted to switch to GOMO but keep reading forumers saying service bad, signal bad. :s13:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I myself have tried all 3 MNO networks...

Singtel has been the most consistent, outputting consistent speeds. Latency wise loses out to M1 by a bit but there are some sites M1 network is unable to access for me, whereas I have no issues with Singtel network in accessing those sites. StarHub recent network isn't great, constantly dropping to 0B/s then coming back to normal speeds again. I suspect the data allocated is per block for StarHub... Won't depend on StarHub due to this problem I got with their network.. not consistent in data speed.

I just want Singtel to be more flexible with their data roaming packages, and in future maybe allow for something similar to Data Passport to be implemented. Also hope for Singtel to grant free Unlimited Weekend Data for all subscribers, even those on Combo XO plans.

Great to know from someone who have been on 3 telcos. I personally only used M1 and MyRepublic so far. MyRepublic as what you said about starhub is true. Hoping to port to singtel for better network, but hopefully they can be more flexible.
Just want to find a good place to port my myrepublic out. My other m1 line still using good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.