Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the $25 monthly subscription shown on StarHub website already inclusive of the $120 bill rebate?

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The current $25 starhub plan comes with 5GB + Free 10GB and Free weekend data.

The "free" is only free 12 months right? After that back to 5GB? No option to renew? Like that must jump after 12 months?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The "free" is only free 12 months right? After that back to 5GB? No option to renew? Like that must jump after 12 months?

Might as well go to Giga ( starhub ) , 25GB $25 | Free Rollover Data‎

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Might as well go to Giga ( starhub ) , 25GB $25 | Free Rollover Data‎

I think for now my problem is that both Giga and Gomo don't provide overseas call roaming/sms. Other than that, their plan is indeed v attractive.

Seems like only M1 is giving huge data on their plan without "free 1 year 10gb" gimmick like singtel and starhub where the extra data will expire.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think for now my problem is that both Giga and Gomo don't provide overseas call roaming/sms. Other than that, their plan is indeed v attractive.

Seems like only M1 is giving huge data on their plan without "free 1 year 10gb" gimmick like singtel and starhub where the extra data will expire.

den just stick to starhub/singtel plans lah... worry about the "free for 12mth" thingy only 12 month later....

if they want to remain competitive... u can safely say that 12 month later the plans will only get BETTER... not worse... otherwise there is no stopping you to port to another telco rite...??

just like last few years ppl asked the same qn about singtel's SIM only plan 12mth contract whether the "free 3GB for 12mth" (that was several years ago when they first started) will be gone after 12mth... well... over the years... the free data they giving out has only been increasing... not decreasing...

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 user deciding on the next iPhone.

Either go with 2-year plan and get the basic iPhone 11, or take the mySIM plan and buy iPhone 11 at cost price.

Anyone else facing the same?

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 user deciding on the next iPhone.

Either go with 2-year plan and get the basic iPhone 11, or take the mySIM plan and buy iPhone 11 at cost price.

Anyone else facing the same?

that is easy to answer... unless your company is paying the monthly subscription for your 2-yr contract plan... or you have CIS plan.... else take mySIM (or any SIM only plan) and buy iphone 11 at cost price... in the end you save much more $$$ going for SIM only plan...

regards,
wacky

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You shouldn't be worrying about 12 months later.

Just sign up first, set a reminder and check the new plans 12 months later.

And the Starhub SIM only has no contract anyway.

Last edited:

Sofa_King

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I'm actually on Multi-Service Saver because of family.

mySIM looks tempting because the base plan already gives 30GB @ $25/mth as opposed to 12GB @ $30/mth. Feels like there is more value to mySIM, downside being one has to pay $1,149 upfront for the iPhone 11.

You can use pay 12/24 monthly instalment if you use credit card.
Or wait a few weeks and buy from resellers less than RRP.

sane_geek

Reaction score
Anyone with M1 NTUC mysim promo managed to renew the 12 months contract? The CSO claims will auto renew as the NTUC promo was for 2 years. Anyone can confirm?

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone with M1 NTUC mysim promo managed to renew the 12 months contract? The CSO claims will auto renew as the NTUC promo was for 2 years. Anyone can confirm?
I think the CSO means the mobile contract auto renew.

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously is it not ALL M1 users are affected by their slow and even no 4G inside malls and etc?
besides those like me tied down by a one yr contract, still got pple wanna consider M1 now?

i can't even whatsapp in the malls' toilet.

squarepipe

Reaction score
seriously is it not ALL M1 users are affected by their slow and even no 4G inside malls and etc?
besides those like me tied down by a one yr contract, still got pple wanna consider M1 now?

i can't even whatsapp in the malls' toilet.

I use circles.life and I find M1 network usable.

Maybe u should get a tpg SIM as backup. Also don't sign contract and get stuck with a particular Telco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.