Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Any bro can advice am I able to sign online with StarHub SIM only, the number will be port in from M1 and at the same time change of ownership.

As by doing online I am able to enjoy the $120 rebate, otherwise the rebate will not be giving.

Just do the sign up at any Starhub shop together with the original owner of the line which you intend to transfer the ownership from (NRIC of the original is required). By doing this you will not need to pay for $20 administrative fee to M1 for the transfer of ownership.

After the line ported over to Starhub just re-contract again online with the "nocontract" promo code for the $120 bill rebate.

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Would the first sign-up be charged for $25, where as the 2nd recontract will be another $20 where both running concurrently within almost the same period? Or how they counted and billed?
Assuming you sign up at Starhub shop on 30 Sep.
Line ported over to Starhub on 1 Oct. Re-contract again online on 1 Oct.

If I was not wrong the $5 rebate is calculated on daily basis. Hence the most you only lose $5/30 = $0.17 rebate for your first month bill.

hk7310

Reaction score
If they do as you say, that is good. I am worry that they will take the 1st subscription $25 when sign up, and recontract again will be another subscription $20.

If I was not wrong the $5 rebate is calculated on daily basis. Hence the most you only lose $5/30 = $0.17 rebate for your first month bill.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regarding the post above, there is no CIS SIM ONLY for Starhub. Usually for all 3 main telcos, CIS is only applicable for 2 years contract, not SIM ONLY.
4JGS9Uyl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
who big canon fairy sia!
cheat moi feeling!

for 2yr contract type
now seems like no telco offer cash rebate for port-over also

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Regarding the post above, there is no CIS SIM ONLY for Starhub. Usually for all 3 main telcos, CIS is only applicable for 2 years contract, not SIM ONLY.
4JGS9Uyl.jpg

All CIS plans are 2 years contract with phone purchase.
However, it is possible to get the monthly cost lower than the no contract sim only plan ($20 per month for starhub) when you sell away the phone.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Last edited:

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All CIS plans are 2 years contract with phone purchase.
However, it is possible to get the monthly cost lower than the no contract sim only plan ($20 per month for starhub) when you sell away the phone.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

lower than $20/mth?
but can gt 20GB?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lower than $20/mth?
but can gt 20GB?

Yes. Like I mentioned for my example, CIS plus $100 phone voucher and iPhone 11 has lower overall cost.

Maybe sign contract then sell the phone.

Everything with regards to min, sms and GB are the same.

But the thought of a 2 years contract is a bit turn off.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
lower than $20/mth?
but can gt 20GB?
Data, calls, sms, everything is the same. Just thst you are tied for 2 years. You have to do a bit of homework first. Check the phone price you can get with the CIS and what is the selling price from mobile shop. All these can be done online. From time to time, different phones have different offers. Try to get from CIS roadshows if you happened to see one. Few months back you can get the equivalent of starhub sim only plan (but with 2 years contract) for around $13 per month.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4JGS9Uyl.jpg

i think last time starhub got CIS plan for SIM-only... it just give u free caller ID with CIS plan... cos in the past caller ID is not free for all 3 traffic light telcos...

regards,
wacky

lance88

Reaction score
i think last time starhub got CIS plan for SIM-only... it just give u free caller ID with CIS plan... cos in the past caller ID is not free for all 3 traffic light telcos...

regards,
wacky

Yup, the CIS of no sim contract is some extra GB and free CID but nowadays here up there free, no need liao.

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

regards,
wacky

ya... i am one of them.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Like I mentioned for my example, CIS plus $100 phone voucher and iPhone 11 has lower overall cost.

Maybe sign contract then sell the phone.

Everything with regards to min, sms and GB are the same.

But the thought of a 2 years contract is a bit turn off.

hmm...
i checked starhub cis
if tk ip11pro max 512GB(midnight green can fetch $1980)
$35/mth for the lowest plan
still need to pay $23+/mth aftr sold the phone
and i only gt 15GB/mth

still better to get sim only plan for my case

hk7310

Reaction score

Thank you very much!

I have just confirmed with StarHub that they will prorate accordingly to the sign up period.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm...
i checked starhub cis
if tk ip11pro max 512GB(midnight green can fetch $1980)
$35/mth for the lowest plan
still need to pay $23+/mth aftr sold the phone
and i only gt 15GB/mth

still better to get sim only plan for my case

Yup you are right.

Your objective is to reduce the monthly subscription by selling the phone.

My calculation above was done if let's say you need a phone, buy it and looking at the total cost POV throughout 24 months.

Examples for my Starhub CIS:
Sign iPhone 11 + CIS is cheaper than Buy iPhone 11 + SIM Only
Sign Pixel 3 + CIS is cheaper than Buy Pixel 3 + Sim Only

PS: My lowest plan is $40 only. Yours is lower.

kokfann

Reaction score
The logic of selling the subsidised phone to offset the price of the monthly plan is not so true. Correct me if I am wrong, after selling the phone, theoretically it is cheaper per month. But will you keep that sum, never spend it and reserve it for the monthly payment? I don’t think so...most people including myself will just spend it. So ended up it is more expensive per se

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The logic of selling the subsidised phone to offset the price of the monthly plan is not so true. Correct me if I am wrong, after selling the phone, theoretically it is cheaper per month. But will you keep that sum, never spend it and reserve it for the monthly payment? I don’t think so...most people including myself will just spend it. So ended up it is more expensive per se

sevensomerset already calculated. I have calculated.

It doesn't seem to result in a lower overall subscription cost if you sign and sell the phone.

So I don't know which phone or promotion Shadowz1984 mentioned that can reduce the overall subscription cost.

For the concern than you raised, it is not really valid for someone who is really discipline. Someone who is discipline may not over-spend just because he got the cash upfront.

artered

Reaction score

put the money in an piggybank problem solved

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
With M1 no longer offering free caller ID for recontracting customers, that should be the killer blow for existing users to switch out to ST/SH or other MVNOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.