Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistersoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why can the 3 big ones, make the plans woth a certain number of GB data, and then slow down after we hit the quota? This will also mean "unlimited". Don't you agree?

Now is need pay. Zzz.

Sent from a mobile phone using GAGT

squarepipe

Reaction score
Why can the 3 big ones, make the plans woth a certain number of GB data, and then slow down after we hit the quota? This will also mean "unlimited". Don't you agree?

Now is need pay. Zzz.

Because $$$

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Now is need pay. Zzz.

New MVNOs can afford to give unlimited to attract customers.

If the big 3 are offering unlimited, then they may invite more trouble.

Customers may complain why speed is slow once the quota reached and they are not even aware.

squarepipe

Reaction score
New MVNOs can afford to give unlimited to attract customers.

If the big 3 are offering unlimited, then they may invite more trouble.

Customers may complain why speed is slow once the quota reached and they are not even aware.

mvno have to buy resources from the mno. I don't see how mvno can give unlimited while the mno can't since they are using the same infrastructure.

personally i prefer slower speed rather then outright no data or exorbitant overcharges

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mvno have to buy resources from the mno. I don't see how mvno can give unlimited while the mno can't since they are using the same infrastructure.

personally i prefer slower speed rather then outright no data or exorbitant overcharges

Already told you a reason above. Another reason is $.

When you make a decision, you need to weigh the pros and cons.

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Port over from starhub to gomo. no issues.very smooth.applied on 2th oct and 5th oct is ported over.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Postpaid plan with M1 expiring soon. Intend to change to SIM-only plans.

Looking at Singtel vs M1 vs Starhub.

General feedback online for M1 seems unfavourable due to slow and weak connection issues.

Should I look to Singtel vs Starhub?

mankind66

Reaction score

General feedback online for M1 seems unfavourable due to slow and weak connection issues.

Get a no contract sim only plan, then you can try both st and sh in 2 months and decide

Synnexo

Reaction score

Since u have been using M1 during the contract period, what's your assessment about M1? Others feedback may be localised or isolated experience. Some can be bias & even just making noise.

Maybe check with your colleagues who are using other networks about their experience & observe the service quality at the places u frequent.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since u have been using M1 during the contract period, what's your assessment about M1? Others feedback may be localised or isolated experience. Some can be bias & even just making noise.

Maybe check with your colleagues who are using other networks about their experience & observe the service quality at the places u frequent.

Fair statement. My experience is similar like that of others though perhaps not as drastic. Slow connections from time to time, and connectivity is poor. Tolerable but if it can be overcome by switching networks for about the same cost, why not?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There are some users who feedback based on their experience with 2-3 different networks.

If 1 or 2, can be noise.

But if many are saying the same, then can't be noise.

geekboy

Banned
Reaction score

Jump to giga/gomo/grid for one month then jump back M1. M1 give more benefits to converted customers than old customers. That's what I did. As for which of the g, see which one got better promo code for first month.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jump to giga/gomo/grid for one month then jump back M1. M1 give more benefits to converted customers than old customers. That's what I did. As for which of the g, see which one got better promo code for first month.

Heard GOMO no VoLTE support. Not sure about the rest.

fmradio

Reaction score
So I just signed to SH and with this free weekend data anyone noticed the speed is capped to 5 mbps during sat and sun even data consumption is less then 10 gb in town or in the east ? During weekdays I can easily hit over 50 mbps this 10 times slow down is significant, of course surfing still works but downloading makes a lot of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.