Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Looking for an advice for my current post paid plan, because feel my main phone battery drop very fast due to m1 signal.

Main phone: m1 number with 2 years contract
Secondary phone: gomo number without any plan

Is there any way for me to swap my main number to gomo and secondary number to m1? I need to retain both number.
Can't you just set gomo as the data SIM?

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for an advice for my current post paid plan, because feel my main phone battery drop very fast due to m1 signal.

Just curious. What is the model of your main phone?

x3nor_S

Reaction score

Is there any way for me to swap my main number to gomo and secondary number to m1? I need to retain both number.

Sign 2 more plan lor. Sign Gomo and request to port from m1. Sign M1 and port from Gomo. No other choice. Don't think can just direct swap like that

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What if after switching around it doesn't helps?

I highly doubt M1 signal is cause battery drain at all. I am on Giga + M1 and mine is fine.

Before you conclude M1 being the battery drainer, why not remove your M1 SIM and test battery life running with just your GOMO SIM card?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You still under contract with M1 ? Will have termination charges if port out.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get M1 Citibank CC to enjoy free activation fee.

M1 Data Passport is $25 for

Australia Brazil Canada China Germany India Italy Japan Mongolia Netherlands New Zealand Russia South Africa South Korea Spain United Kingdom USA#

$10 for
Bangladesh Cambodia Hong Kong Indonesia Laos Macau Malaysia Saudi Arabia Sri Lanka Taiwan Thailand United Arab Emirates^

https://www.m1.com.sg/mobile/mobile-add-ons/roaming/data-passport

There is a $5 fee each time a Data Passport is activated

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Port gomo to M1. Port M1 to gomo.

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Port gomo to M1. Port M1 to gomo.
Yeah, that's what i think also. Because i remember we can change phone number wuthin the contract.
So the step will be like:
1. Port gomo to m1 sim only
2. Swap the number within m1, i guess this step will incur 2x admin charge for new sim.
3. Then port out the m1 sim only to gomo.

Let me try to swap my main phone with gomo for few days and see the the usage. My main phone is xs max, secondary phone is mi mix 2s.

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what i think also. Because i remember we can change phone number wuthin the contract.
So the step will be like:
1. Port gomo to m1 sim only
2. Swap the number within m1, i guess this step will incur 2x admin charge for new sim.
3. Then port out the m1 sim only to gomo.

Let me try to swap my main phone with gomo for few days and see the the usage. My main phone is xs max, secondary phone is mi mix 2s.
I don't think you can swap numbers within any Telco.

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 Gold using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Your main phone is an iPhone and if really got battery drain problem, then maybe really due to poor network.

iPhones usually have good battery life compared to Android phones.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Your main phone is an iPhone and if really got battery drain problem, then maybe really due to poor network.

iPhones usually have good battery life compared to Android phones.
lol wut. Literally out of all the phones my friends use there is universal concensus that iPhones has the worst battery life.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol wut. Literally out of all the phones my friends use there is universal concensus that iPhones has the worst battery life.

Not when you are using XS onwards. In fact, iPhone 11 has the best battery life.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Not when you are using XS onwards. In fact, iPhone 11 has the best battery life.
Best compared to what? Now an average android phone will have a 4000-5000+ mAh battery. I can charge my phone every 2-3 days. For light users like my parents they can charge their phone once a week or longer. I doubt many iPhone users battery can last longer then 2 days.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Best compared to what? Now an average android phone will have a 4000-5000+ mAh battery. I can charge my phone every 2-3 days. For light users like my parents they can charge their phone once a week or longer. I doubt many iPhone users battery can last longer then 2 days.

If you want to make a fair comparison, you must compare phone with similar capacity. iPhone max capacity is low 3k. Why compare to phones with 4-5k?

Your friends don't represent the whole of smartphone market. There are so many data out there pointing to the efficiencies of an iPhone in terms of battery life and performance.

squarepipe

Reaction score
If you want to make a fair comparison, you must compare phone with similar capacity. iPhone max capacity is low 3k. Why compare to phones with 4-5k?

Your friends don't represent the whole of smartphone market. There are so many data out there pointing to the efficiencies of an iPhone in terms of battery life and performance.
because the vast majority of android phones come with large battery size? U have to go out of your way to get a small battery android phone. The Google pixel lineup is an example.

You my as well claim the Nokia
8810 is efficient despite only having a small battery....

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
because the vast majority of android phones come with large battery size? U have to go out of your way to get a small battery android phone. The Google pixel lineup is an example.

You my as well claim the Nokia
8810 is efficient despite only having a small battery....

Do you know the definition of efficiency?

It is what you get versus what you put in.

If you don't use a phone, you don't even need a battery. So your Nokia 8810 comparison is moot. =:p

Like I said, iPhone is well known for its efficiency. You get good performance with a limited battery capacity.

Other Android phones, you need to pump up the battery capacity, cpu power and ram to match similar experience with an iPhone.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Do you know the definition of efficiency?

It is what you get versus what you put in.

If you don't use a phone, you don't even need a battery. So your Nokia 8810 comparison is moot. =:p

Like I said, iPhone is well known for its efficiency. You get good performance with a limited battery capacity.

Other Android phones, you need to pump up the battery capacity, cpu power and ram to match similar experience with an iPhone.

What's the point of measuring battery efficiency without factoring in the battery capacity?

I can also say a cheap phone like a xiaomi redmi 8 with its low res screen and slow processor is way more efficient not even considering its way larger battery. And performance? Well both phones can use apps WhatsApp, Facebook without issue so what's the difference?

Obviously there is no apple to apple comparison for battery efficiency since there are so many variables like screen size, resolution, amoled or lcd, SOC etc. If you own an android phone you will know the number one factor in battery consumption is the display (there is a battery statistic page for you to see for yourself) the same can be said for the iPhone.

Comparison between the iPhone and phones running android in terms of battery efficiency is unscientific since there are way to many variables that play a part. Unless you find a way to run android on the iPhone then that's a different story

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I admit my iPhone 6S does not have good battery life, but it is still better than my older Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE+.

Then my wife's iPhone 7+ and iPhone X have better battery life than my Huawei P20, even though they have smaller battery capacity than my P20.

Based on the review, iPhone 11 has good battery life (but it has bigger screen). So the lower end iPhones now also have good battery life, no longer like small screen iPhone 6/6S/7/8 which do not have good battery life. Take note the plus models 6+/6S+/7+/8+ have good decent battery life, not like what you say.

No need to bash iPhone. Even though I switched to Android because Android phones are good enough now, but I think iOS is still the best mobile OS (also Android tablet has a long way to go).

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I admit my iPhone 6S does not have good battery life, but it is still better than my older Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE+.

No need to bash iPhone. Even though I switched to Android because Android phones are good enough now (Android tablet has a long way to go).

Your iPhone 6S is quite old already so battery must have degraded.

But for a phone which is that old, I think it can still perform good enough compared to another Android phones released on the same year.

Personally, I don't use an iPhone but I am not so emotionally attached to defend an Android phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.