Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akela1673

Reaction score
Hi guys need some advice if there is a better option for me. I am doing sales so require lots of outgoing talk-time and good coverage. Currently using M1 and the reception at my house and shopping malls has been bad so no more M1. So I think the best choice is ST which has the best coverage

The best plan i've found so far is ST CIS combo 3 plan plus Data X 3 to get unlimited talktime & sms & 9GB data for $51.24/mth and purchase iphone 11, 128gb for $498

The caveat is I will have to be tied down to a 2 years plan which i am trying to avoid. But I found no other sim-only plans that is able to provide me with the talk-time, data and is under ST network.

So far the closest i've found is GOMO $20 plan but their bundle talk-time add on is $10 for only 100mins :(

Im a sales person who travels around Singapore myself too and I was running my main line at M1. It is indeed quite painful for data, voice seems fine to me so far. I just switched to the roadshow Singtel Sim Only plan, 1000Mins Talktime, 30GB data, 500 SMS. There is one at Tampines Mall now and they have been there for a really long time.

Im running a Starhub line concurrently too, I've been testing at places I been to, seems ok so far, definitely better than M1, but Ive heard a lot of people say Starhub may drop calls and stuff. Note I only tested data since that is not my main line. Singtel has the 900Hz band which is supposing good for indoors, so Ill say if data is mission critical, Ill say go Singtel.

With regards to phone, the difference isn't too big when you do Sim Only + buy phones outside.

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the 1000mins promo is for CIS customers. You can try signing up with your company email address?

Otherwise, as and when, there will be promotion roadshows which is different from online. If not you can get giga 1000mins.
The problem is some people in this forum don't want to share the roadshow location. They worry the sales agent earn the commision gao gao, so cannot sleep well..really don't understand their mindset.

Last edited:

SibehHL

Reaction score
The problem is some people in this forum don't want to share the roadshow location. They worry the sales agent earn the commision gao gao, so cannot sleep well..really don't understand their mindset.

Walau, say until like this sia

You scroll down can see locations being shared regularly lah

So far I only recall one person behaving like you mentioned

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So far here i only see one user who refuse to share location. The rest, mostly will share. Or you can PM them to ask. Most of the discount here can be found online too!

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I think I need a bit of help here

Right now I have an phone and iPad that will need their own mobile plans (i.e. I prefer no tethering and no usage of mobile modems), so right now I got two MyRepublic Uno $8 plans (one of them being my main line), one Circles.Life Flexi $0 plan and one TPG plan that I juggle around as I see fit

Seeing that the Flexi plan will soon become a $5 plan (am surprised that there is still no thread regarding this) and the TPG plan will expire next year into a paid plan, what other plans should I consider that will fulfil the following requirements?

1. Allows me to keep both numbers from the MyRepublic plans (for this reason, if I need to sign for two plans I will be ok)
2. Gives at least 3 GB or more data per month spread over two devices
3. Both devices having their own mobile data
4. Not be tied down for any period of time as I will like to have the option to go for 5G plans once 5G makes its way to Singapore

There is no rush to change for now but I will like to have some info first in case of snap decisions etc

Thanks!

shawnng

Reaction score
Circles life flexi no plans to be expires yet. So you can keep using.

You can consider
1) redONE $8 (3gb 100min unlimited data at 128kbps)
2) vivifi lite $8.8 (3gb 500min)
3) circles $5 plan (2gb 50mins)

Guys, I think I need a bit of help here

Right now I have an phone and iPad that will need their own mobile plans (i.e. I prefer no tethering and no usage of mobile modems), so right now I got two MyRepublic Uno $8 plans (one of them being my main line), one Circles.Life Flexi $0 plan and one TPG plan that I juggle around as I see fit

Seeing that the Flexi plan will soon become a $5 plan (am surprised that there is still no thread regarding this) and the TPG plan will expire next year into a paid plan, what other plans should I consider that will fulfil the following requirements?

1. Allows me to keep both numbers from the MyRepublic plans (for this reason, if I need to sign for two plans I will be ok)
2. Gives at least 3 GB or more data per month spread over two devices
3. Both devices having their own mobile data
4. Not be tied down for any period of time as I will like to have the option to go for 5G plans once 5G makes its way to Singapore

There is no rush to change for now but I will like to have some info first in case of snap decisions etc

Thanks!

dekato

Banned
Reaction score
So far here i only see one user who refuse to share location. The rest, mostly will share. Or you can PM them to ask. Most of the discount here can be found online too!

May i ask or anyone here know where is the current singtel roadshow? Thank you very much in advance

asianfish

Reaction score
Im a sales person who travels around Singapore myself too and I was running my main line at M1. It is indeed quite painful for data, voice seems fine to me so far. I just switched to the roadshow Singtel Sim Only plan, 1000Mins Talktime, 30GB data, 500 SMS. There is one at Tampines Mall now and they have been there for a really long time.

Im running a Starhub line concurrently too, I've been testing at places I been to, seems ok so far, definitely better than M1, but Ive heard a lot of people say Starhub may drop calls and stuff. Note I only tested data since that is not my main line. Singtel has the 900Hz band which is supposing good for indoors, so Ill say if data is mission critical, Ill say go Singtel.

With regards to phone, the difference isn't too big when you do Sim Only + buy phones outside.

Thanks for the info. By the way how much is ST no sim talk-time add on if 1000mins is not enough?

alphau

Reaction score
Circles.life subscriber base seems healthy. Their feedbacks on seedly not too bad.

Zero1 on the other hand is another story. Avoid at all cost. They bill you anyway they want. Their corporate governance seems very much lacking.

I have first hand experience with both telco's.

Ya. Zero1 billing is like ****! But I do check, they haven’t charged me more than they should. It’s like sometimes charge 2 months, next month no bill, and then charge one month. Very annoying. But using the line for unlimited data.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Circles life flexi no plans to be expires yet. So you can keep using.

You can consider
1) redONE $8 (3gb 100min unlimited data at 128kbps)
2) vivifi lite $8.8 (3gb 500min)
3) circles $5 plan (2gb 50mins)

Thanks, let me start looking into them just in case Circles Life decide to pull the plug on Flexi earlier than expected

So far it seems that I will have to give up some talktime and a lot of SMSes should I decide to port over to these plans

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any giga user to help?

For giga app, is there option for me to use the app to manually to Pay my Bills?

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Auto recurring payment thru your card. If you want old ways then need to stick to mainstream telcos.

for safety reason, my DC limit is always set to zero. so using the app to manually pay the bill using DC is really helpful

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for safety reason, my DC limit is always set to zero. so using the app to manually pay the bill using DC is really helpful

You can always set your DC limit to the same amount as your monthly plan amount. No need to be paranoia about auto recurring lah.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can always set your DC limit to the same amount as your monthly plan amount. No need to be paranoia about auto recurring lah.

it prevent bank from deducting service fee of $2 per month if it fall below $500.

so i have a minimum of $500.

thanks for the help, i guess my option left are redone or circle life

update: posb DC limit is 0 - 500 - 2000, etc..... there no option for me to set the amount i want

sg.daniel

Reaction score
Ya. Zero1 billing is like ****! But I do check, they haven’t charged me more than they should. It’s like sometimes charge 2 months, next month no bill, and then charge one month. Very annoying. But using the line for unlimited data.

I totally agree. Similar situation here. It almost seems like they are using a ledger book to bill their customers. C'mon, haven't they heard of computers? My customer serial number is less than 10. I think they have fewer than 5 employees.

Unlike you, they did over-charge me one time many months back. But since it was a dollar plus. I'd let it slide.

This time however, sent emails and logged on their issues ticketing systems and no reply for more than 14 days.

So many signs that they are going under. Who knows how much they will charge my card before they close shop.

I'm switching.

fergsu

Reaction score

Have you considered signing up SingTel dash? I am using the virtual visa to sign up giga. Another possible alternative is the grab digital MasterCard, though I have not tried using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.