Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

eip1234

Reaction score
which operator has free idd call? or has subscription service like M1 021 IDD, where I could use my talktime make IDD call for free?

Would you consider using Skype for calling overseas land-lines or mobiles? Much much cheaper than IDD calls but of course the call quality is a bit compromised...

Aikon

Reaction score
Mobile data is not free for SingTel Cast. Just read its webpage and they are encouraging user to download and watch offline.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/entertainment-plus
Features and benefits of Entertainment Plus.

Priority Viewing
Watch shows on the same day as the U.S. telecast.

Watch on Any Screen
Stream anytime, anywhere on your TV or mobile devices.

Unlimited Downloads
Download and watch offline to save on mobile data charges.

Ok thanks bro. Previously using Starhub Go, but that was free data streaming.

Synnexo

Reaction score
When is your service activation date? Mine seems to be end of the month.....

Mine is scheduled to activate on 28/12. But once u have received the SIM card, can activate it & the port in will effect at about midnight or so.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Mine is scheduled to activate on 28/12. But once u have received the SIM card, can activate it & the port in will effect at about midnight or so.

Are you on the 30gb subscription? Service agreement didn't write for the extra 10 gb and talk time

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bad experience with singtel.
had already received the new sim card and almost 1 week no notification of the porting in progress take place etc.

call the cutomer hotline and so much menu selection.
i just want to speak to a human.

waste time.
regret going to red.

arsenalfc85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bad experience with singtel.
had already received the new sim card and almost 1 week no notification of the porting in progress take place etc.

call the cutomer hotline and so much menu selection.
i just want to speak to a human.

waste time.
regret going to red.

I’m still thinking of jumping from orange to red leh.

I’m on m1 sim3(20). But connection v bad.

Thinking of switching to Singtel.

What sim only is good?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would you consider using Skype for calling overseas land-lines or mobiles? Much much cheaper than IDD calls but of course the call quality is a bit compromised...

Sunpage has it. Pay as you use. No subscription.

thanks. I have sunpage callback service for a long time, but had not used their IDD service before.

I had also used Skype unlimited Thai IDD when they have it, but stopped when they changed it to limited plan. the call quality is similar to WhatsApp/line call.

will probably stay with M1 if I need the free IDD.

arsenalfc85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros on the mysim (3) 20 plan?

What will happen if they auto renew?

Callerid n free weekend data same?

Or charge more?

Thx

Granzon

Reaction score
Sorry, I just wish to know when one of the subscribers advertised e.g. free outgoing calls, do they mean "totally free" because we are using data plan to whatsapp call other users (means handphone to handphone only) or what.

I am a old school user and do not understand the lingo these telco operators are using.

For my personal usage pattern, I need to call a lot due to my work (and I would like to have flexibility of choosing to call to handphone user or office phone user) but use quite low data as I do not like to watch movies on a handphone. I think my internet usage is less than 5gb a month if I am not wrong.

What are the plans that are more suitable for me now?

And I am also considering changing my phone. My old phone is about to die out on me. And I need a durable, long battery life phone. I do not mind paying a bit more if it means I do not need to change the phone in the next 3-4 years. I am not sure about the price but I think I am comfortable buying something in the 70-80% price range. That means the phone is not top range but is above average in terms of quality. But I am still mindful about paying too much. And need dual sim minimally, if not, triple sim card. Hope my requirements are not excessive.

A good plan with a durable phone will be ideal for me. But there are really too many plans and phones in the market. And the difficulty is compounded by the fact that I am not really a tech savvy person.

Appreciate all feedback. Thanks.

A Better Tomorrow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Or charge more?

Thx

Check out the CSO to confirm.

From my experience, after I switch to a corporate plan, the free weekend and caller id are taken away and last 3 mths from date of contract.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Or charge more?

Thx

According to mysim3 20 plan which I was on previously, auto-renewal will have 3+2GB base, if you opt out of renewal, you get 3GB base. No free caller ID. If you sign up free weekend data when it launched, you will still get it free till 31 Dec 2020.

arsenalfc85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to mysim3 20 plan which I was on previously, auto-renewal will have 3+2GB base, if you opt out of renewal, you get 3GB base. No free caller ID. If you sign up free weekend data when it launched, you will still get it free till 31 Dec 2020.

Renew liao only left 5gb? So lousy?

Ok I better call the cso then

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My sis was on the mysim3 20 $20 12 months contract. Free Caller-ID and unlimited weekend and Roaming. Contract till March 2020.

She just switched over to $15 30GB plan (usual $25).
Still have free Caller-ID, unlimited weekends, Roaming. With only Roaming stated free till March 2020. Caller-ID and unlimited weekend, did not state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.