Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was the contract duration renewed after she switched to the $15 plan? Meaning instead of Mar 2020, it will expire in Dec 2020.

Yes, the contract of 12 months starts new.
But the CSO assure my sis that the free stuff that she had, will be around till the previous end date.
Caller-ID till March 2020?
Unlimited Weekend till end 2020?
Roaming till not sure when thou....

I THINK the new $15 m1 promo, does not have a recontract date reflected in the app.
So you can jump to new promo within m1 at anytime. (But not port out)

Much like starhub $5 off for 24 months promo.
But can jump to new promo anytime. (But this can port out)

huatkia

Reaction score
Vivifi is good. I have ported 2 lines to them from m1. They are riding on SingTel network. Look out for their roadshow and sign up on spot to waive the delivery fee. Can get a free umbrella there too

Byfrost

Reaction score
I'm tempted to sign up for giga $10/mth plan now.

:s13: Any bros using it? how is it? coverage network all ok?

giga user here for 3 months. They are using Starhub network, so far I'm very happy with it. You can ask around if you know people who uses Starhub for their experience.

Byfrost

Reaction score
yeah, there is a $10 discount term per month and will cease after 12-months.

My only gripe with M1. There is nothing on their website that states that this is a 12 month binding contract, I tried finding the fine print, there was no obvious information that states if terminated early, there will be a penalty (hence, a contract right?)

I've tried the signing up process, and at the very last page, all I see is a small blue box that says "$10/mth off for Sim-Only subscription for 12 months (Free Caller ID, etc etc)

"10/mth off for Sim-Only subscription for 12 months" does not mean any binding contract eh. It could also mean no contract, but new sign ups enjoy this promo price for first year, like Circles Life.

Lucky I called M1 to ask, otherwise I can just assume it is contract free.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten why mvno porting can take less than a month or week while singtel service activation date take almost a month? This doesn't make sense

Synnexo

Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten why mvno porting can take less than a month or week while singtel service activation date take almost a month? This doesn't make sense

I've received my SIM card in letter box yesterday. Activation date is 28/12. I called in to activate & port in effected early this morning.

Probably the activation date is a the latest date service will be effected.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
I've received my SIM card in letter box yesterday. Activation date is 28/12. I called in to activate & port in effected early this morning.

Probably the activation date is a the latest date service will be effected.

Thanks. I got it activated too..

Last edited:

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
My only gripe with M1. There is nothing on their website that states that this is a 12 month binding contract, I tried finding the fine print, there was no obvious information that states if terminated early, there will be a penalty (hence, a contract right?)

I've tried the signing up process, and at the very last page, all I see is a small blue box that says "$10/mth off for Sim-Only subscription for 12 months (Free Caller ID, etc etc)

"10/mth off for Sim-Only subscription for 12 months" does not mean any binding contract eh. It could also mean no contract, but new sign ups enjoy this promo price for first year, like Circles Life.

Lucky I called M1 to ask, otherwise I can just assume it is contract free.

It was stated under the promotion page

https://www.m1.com.sg/Promotions/xmas-deals

Image here. https://ibb.co/HpMDvZ1

Xeon_sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$15 per month promotion ends 31 Dec 2019, stated on website.

However, to enjoy this $15 per month M1 promo, it's a one year contract. After one year contract ends, revert back to $25 monthly. I just called and spoke to M1. I thought this $15 per month deal will last indefinitely as long as you sign up within this period. :s13:

No contract version still remains at $25 monthly.

yeah, there is a $10 discount term per month and will cease after 12-months.

Please take note, this $15 plan is for NEW SIGN-UP only.
Sucks to be a loyal customer considering recontract. :s22:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it has been this way for a while liao for all telcos... it's better to keep hopping telcos... :s13::s13::s13:

regards,
wacky

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
The stupid thing is to hop out and hop back in again, then u r considered “new” customer. Meanwhile gotta find cheap interim telco to jump to then can jump back.

it has been this way for a while liao for all telcos... it's better to keep hopping telcos... :s13::s13::s13:

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
We existing customers fast hand fast leg convert already when the $15 plan was first launched.

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 Gold using GAGT

Venturis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm at Hougang Mall signing up for the 30gb, 1K min, 500 sms Caller ID free, 12 month contract. The road show is at the atrium outside Cotton On.
Road show over. Anyone come across road show elsewhere?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We existing customers fast hand fast leg convert already when the $15 plan was first launched.

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 Gold using GAGT

Yes. 2 person I know already renew from old plans to this $15 promo from earlier.

They came out same promo, but just for new sign up. It's to draw new crowds....

Those who missed the earlier boat. Bo bian lor, wait or port (pun).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.