Corbell Product Warranty Policy

Reaction score
What do you mean took out a dimm slot?
Did you check with them?
They would have explained to you in detailed.
G41M is 9yrs+ old. @@
Your ddr 3 what capacity?

My MSI mobo cannot run in dual channel with this RAM anymore and DDR3 is 4GB single stick :( Yes understand that MSI mobo write off cos out of warranty. I was told to wait and the tech guy came back later pass me the sheet with RMA reject letter mah say dunno gold finger burn :s22: I told him i run all @ stock, no OC or anything funny just normal ops also. I've never had such a reason for RMA rejection of lifetime warranty covered RAM (Kingston, etc) i think from today onwards maybe i be more careful with choice of RAM loh cos GSkill is such :s22:

Last edited:

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
My MSI mobo cannot run in dual channel with this RAM anymore and DDR3 is 4GB single stick :( Yes understand that MSI mobo write off cos out of warranty. I was told to wait and the tech guy came back later pass me the sheet with RMA reject letter mah say dunno gold finger burn :s22: I told him i run all @ stock, no OC or anything funny just normal ops also. I've never had such a reason for RMA rejection of lifetime warranty covered RAM (Kingston, etc) i think from today onwards maybe i be more careful with choice of RAM loh cos GSkill is such :s22:
Nothing's been written off.
The item is just long out of warranty.
I'm sure they'd have gone though with you the details.
And it's not lifetime warranty, it's product lifetime warranty.
It's an industry standard.
If it's burned, something must have happened but 9 years man.....
Your example given is way out of context.
But I do have personal spare ddr 3 modules.
I'll pass a 4GB module to them.
You can collect from them with your service form.
Cheers.:)

Reaction score
The item is just long out of warranty.
I'm sure they'd have gone though with you the details.
And it's not lifetime warranty, it's product lifetime warranty.
It's an industry standard.
If it's burned, something must have happened but 9 years man.....
Your example given is way out of context.

Thank you! PM sent..

Reaction score

Update : Went over 2nd trip to Corbell "Service Center" with understanding that i would be getting A SINGLE MODULE OF 4GB DDR3 RAM as per clon22's promise :s22: Tech guy passed me 2 X 2 GB of DDR3 Ram - explained to him my mobo got 2 DIMM slot only n running 2 x 4GB set up previously :s22: Nvm lah your promises also meaningless and your idea of "customer support" so half baked would stay away from any/every Corbell covered item from today onwards thanks ah! People PM also cannot be bothered to explain details just post in thread right? Now need to sell off 2 x 2 to get SINGLE STICK OF 4GB DDR3 :s22:

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
Update : Went over 2nd trip to Corbell "Service Center" with understanding that i would be getting A SINGLE MODULE OF 4GB DDR3 RAM as per clon22's promise :s22: Tech guy passed me 2 X 2 GB of DDR3 Ram - explained to him my mobo got 2 DIMM slot only n running 2 x 4GB set up previously :s22: Nvm lah your promises also meaningless and your idea of "customer support" so half baked would stay away from any/every Corbell covered item from today onwards thanks ah! People PM also cannot be bothered to explain details just post in thread right? Now need to sell off 2 x 2 to get SINGLE STICK OF 4GB DDR3 :s22:
I left 2 sticks at service center.
And no these are not under Corbell.
This are my personal stick so there's no warranty
They look like this.
Already tested and working fine.
Please look for Lau when you are here.

IMG_6219-XL.jpg

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
As a custom water cooling enthusiast, it will be great if Corbell allows people to install GPU waterblock as you can't cool down high end system properly today without using liquid. Therefore i decided to uninstall the msi gtx1080 stock cooler despite knowing that it will void the warranty.

Subsequently after using it for more than a year the card broke down and so i brought back to your amk office for RMA after restoring the card back to its original state. To my surprise, Corbell service engineer Mr Wan proceeded with the repairs and replaced it with a new card though the label is broken.

Finally I would like to thank Corbell for the good will and i will continue to buy MSI products.

Reaction score
I left 2 sticks at service center.
And no these are not under Corbell.
This are my personal stick so there's no warranty
They look like this.
Already tested and working fine.
Please look for Lau when you are here.

IMG_6219-XL.jpg

This was what was passed to me yesterday
r-17Bvht9ymXKLwiwSsHSOlLtypDOlIvnqkTRxHSfpNbS-qe_kpHlKzLWONMmHZUdfgLHVNPpvpP142IPS-qYnsS2RMvRxL84d75mbcU92vzwI_x8vfJApOa8FDGaF2HsPMsRlraUqUeKmDRWjmaPiJqU857A-it32sRI8TzXaZfKVonexvlrkzU59J4YUCcZox9VhQjpAXC61qugobquzUX4nCPVk-cCaz8s2CYHUQfy4wY0df82azGYx-zaALMBt0hjCf0yCpapaJmJbnemFEGVJ89zehRmhGoc4wsrjhPJ7AAYZ6K_tzvS3L3De8YvrvwLxLGDf_6xd_pKlrltEr-QXyTlzUpodOS1O2JNy0kBQZmDKBL5xv-NQlCEQox2devH4Sb8kZwZdLOC0guD_VXyC2w0pDBjxndhJX295t0xkyIZckQeIjLkCQ9JNuz1kGMwlmIYq6tlG8_4GvnMXYptHXgscfj-nKj4w5eNRWbLDpIq-L9br2JzZYBUU021UDgQ5Qgykh644wyl1pN11-ZYhubQLVSq0RXP5XNa9YIA9iiAyff-PK7GZwcB1gvj_SDTlR58BhzAMxA8D_pP0_FKNNMMh5fAz13GNlJsujhiJn9udhRr7-tWiTVyYITzn4NmIvcY1ZWthqgiwTwSvZe1MBJYB4=w1554-h874-no

As i have made 2 wasted trips investing time and effort coming over and having been played out on my most recent visit to your "service center" i shall not take your word for it and make a 3rd trip to see anyone to solve this issue. That said i dun want to beat around the bush and waste the time of others so i shall consider the matter closed if the RAMs are sent to my address via registered mail and/or a rep coming over if the wrong RAMs passed to me needs to be collected back? I would not step at Corbell's AMK "service center" now and for all time and refuse to buy or recommend any of their products to all i know should this gesture to mend fences not be made. I also suggest something to sweeten/compensate my time/efforts for the 2 wasted trips and promises unfulfilled on your part but thats optional?

omfgwtf

Reaction score

Bro , go read up g skill warranty terms and conditions :s13:

:s22::s22::s22:

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
r-17Bvht9ymXKLwiwSsHSOlLtypDOlIvnqkTRxHSfpNbS-qe_kpHlKzLWONMmHZUdfgLHVNPpvpP142IPS-qYnsS2RMvRxL84d75mbcU92vzwI_x8vfJApOa8FDGaF2HsPMsRlraUqUeKmDRWjmaPiJqU857A-it32sRI8TzXaZfKVonexvlrkzU59J4YUCcZox9VhQjpAXC61qugobquzUX4nCPVk-cCaz8s2CYHUQfy4wY0df82azGYx-zaALMBt0hjCf0yCpapaJmJbnemFEGVJ89zehRmhGoc4wsrjhPJ7AAYZ6K_tzvS3L3De8YvrvwLxLGDf_6xd_pKlrltEr-QXyTlzUpodOS1O2JNy0kBQZmDKBL5xv-NQlCEQox2devH4Sb8kZwZdLOC0guD_VXyC2w0pDBjxndhJX295t0xkyIZckQeIjLkCQ9JNuz1kGMwlmIYq6tlG8_4GvnMXYptHXgscfj-nKj4w5eNRWbLDpIq-L9br2JzZYBUU021UDgQ5Qgykh644wyl1pN11-ZYhubQLVSq0RXP5XNa9YIA9iiAyff-PK7GZwcB1gvj_SDTlR58BhzAMxA8D_pP0_FKNNMMh5fAz13GNlJsujhiJn9udhRr7-tWiTVyYITzn4NmIvcY1ZWthqgiwTwSvZe1MBJYB4=w1554-h874-no

As i have made 2 wasted trips investing time and effort coming over and having been played out on my most recent visit to your "service center" i shall not take your word for it and make a 3rd trip to see anyone to solve this issue. That said i dun want to beat around the bush and waste the time of others so i shall consider the matter closed if the RAMs are sent to my address via registered mail and/or a rep coming over if the wrong RAMs passed to me needs to be collected back? I would not step at Corbell's AMK "service center" now and for all time and refuse to buy or recommend any of their products to all i know should this gesture to mend fences not be made. I also suggest something to sweeten/compensate my time/efforts for the 2 wasted trips and promises unfulfilled on your part but thats optional?
You burnt your memory module and voided the warranty.
That's all there is to it.

Since it's a 9yrs old system as you mentioned,
I just thought of helping you since I had personal spares and
gave you the benefit of the doubt without even asking for any proof.
Yes my junior tech may have messed up.
Over such a small matter, you felt you the need to complain on all platforms to show your dominance and even attacked my character and now asking for compensation.
I am very sure no one owes you anything to begin with.
It's regrettable that the situation weirdly developed to this extend when my original purpose was just to help someone.
It's your choice to collect the rams.
I will just leave at the service counter under your name, Joe.
My communication to this "issue" ends here.
Hope the rams will serve you well.

/Andy

Reaction score
Yes my junior tech may have messed up.
Over such a small matter, you felt you the need to complain on all platforms to show your dominance and even attacked my character and now asking for compensation.
I am very sure no one owes you anything to begin with.
It's regrettable that the situation weirdly developed to this extend when my original purpose was just to help someone.
It's your choice to collect the rams.
I will just leave at the service counter under your name, Joe.
My communication to this "issue" ends here.
Hope the rams will serve you well.

/Andy

Even a child if he/she promises something and does not follow through they know they are not keeping their word so if saying something to someone and not doing it and following through is a "small matter" as a rep of a company running a business then i really worry for both you and Corbell if this is acceptable practice :s22: You know what would had really helped?

#1 Replying to my initial PM to you explaining who to look for and what exactly i would be sacrificing my time and effort to come over to your "service center" Not later after cock up? You understand that i made a 2nd trip to AMK based on your promises and investing more of my time and effort would resolve a problem right?

#2 Behaving like an adult who is professional instead of giving excuses (pointing fingers at a junior tech) when things cock up and you end up wasting the time of others *specifically* when you failed to follow through your promise! Instead of being a bigger person and apologizing/being accountable for your mistake, you insist on others spending more of their time and effort due to your mistake ...wow :s22:

As said i've already outlined what is to be done to mend fences, by not doing so you reflect badly on your "customer relations" skills and do not value the business, confidence and trust of a previously loyal Corbell customer. Though i wished my time/effort has not been wasted, the way you and your company have conducted themselves here only serves as a warning to others because as we know quality products are one thing but how committed a company is in actually backing it w.r.t warranty and customer support is sometimes the main factor in a consumer making a buying decision - cheers ^^

Bluegrass_Corbell

Suspended
Reaction score
As far as the company's policy is concerned, the 9 year old ram's warranty has been voided by G.Skill and we are merely executing the principle's instructions.
Thus there should be no more warranty.
Pictures of the burnt RAM as follows:

Burnt%20Ram1.jpeg

Burnt%20Ram2.jpeg

Burnt%20Ram3.jpeg

I guess Clon22's biggest mistake is to try and help you on a personal basis as he always does, trying to help fellow forum users.
He even offered 2 sticks of 4GB when your RMA is only 1 stick.
There is no thank you, no form of appreciation but in return malicious attack and demands.
This gesture of his is once again, his own personal initiative.

His offer still stands but we will not be able to post them to you as per your request, neither will we be able to provide any form of compensation.
We value all our customers and will do our best to provide service within reasonable demands.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even a child if he/she promises something and does not follow through they know they are not keeping their word so if saying something to someone and not doing it and following through is a "small matter" as a rep of a company running a business then i really worry for both you and Corbell if this is acceptable practice :s22: You know what would had really helped?

#1 Replying to my initial PM to you explaining who to look for and what exactly i would be sacrificing my time and effort to come over to your "service center" Not later after cock up? You understand that i made a 2nd trip to AMK based on your promises and investing more of my time and effort would resolve a problem right?

#2 Behaving like an adult who is professional instead of giving excuses (pointing fingers at a junior tech) when things cock up and you end up wasting the time of others *specifically* when you failed to follow through your promise! Instead of being a bigger person and apologizing/being accountable for your mistake, you insist on others spending more of their time and effort due to your mistake ...wow :s22:

As said i've already outlined what is to be done to mend fences, by not doing so you reflect badly on your "customer relations" skills and do not value the business, confidence and trust of a previously loyal Corbell customer. Though i wished my time/effort has not been wasted, the way you and your company have conducted themselves here only serves as a warning to others because as we know quality products are one thing but how committed a company is in actually backing it w.r.t warranty and customer support is sometimes the main factor in a consumer making a buying decision - cheers ^^

1. You expect any distributor to exchange your faulty items due to your personal carelessness with no questions asked? You damaged the ram yourself and you expect an exchange? RMA policies stated to only exchange if there are no signs of self inflicted damage which yours has already failed this criteria with the pictures shown by bluegrass above.

2. All rams comes with LIMITED lifetime warranty. It says LIMITED for a reason. Just in case you dont know, let me enlighten you, LIMITED lifetime warranty means as long as this SKU is has not reached the EOL (End of life) stage, you will still be able to rma your faulty parts. If the product already EOL, you just LLST la, else you expect them to change to a current SKU for u? If all distros do that, i think all will close down soon?

3. Clon22 tried to go out of the way to help you by offering his own set of rams at least you have something to use, and you get personal and attacked him. So thats the way of you having like an adult eh? Typical example of "Being kind to a dog by saving it and in the end get bitten by it".

Your defective item was self inflicted damage and also EOL, just accept it and move on

We dont need your personal opinion. Everyone here whom visited corbell to rma their product will know how corbell tries to help their customers. Just by your own non productive and non constructive opinion for corbell is not going to make a difference or tarnish their reputation

Last edited:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. You expect any distributor to exchange your faulty items due to your personal carelessness with no questions asked? You damaged the ram yourself and you expect an exchange? RMA policies stated to only exchange if there are no signs of self inflicted damage which yours has already failed this criteria with the pictures shown by bluegrass above.

2. All rams comes with LIMITED lifetime warranty. It says LIMITED for a reason. Just in case you dont know, let me enlighten you, LIMITED lifetime warranty means as long as this SKU is has not reached the EOL (End of life) stage, you will still be able to rma your faulty parts. If the product already EOL, you just LLST la, else you expect them to change to a current SKU for u? If all distros do that, i think all will close down soon?

3. Clon22 tried to go out of the way to help you by offering his own set of rams at least you have something to use, and you get personal and attacked him. So thats the way of you having like an adult eh? Typical example of "Being kind to a dog by saving it and in the end get bitten by it".

Your defective item was self inflicted damage and also EOL, just accept it and move on

We dont need your personal opinion. Everyone here whom visited corbell to rma their product will know how corbell tries to help their customers. Just by your own non productive and non constructive opinion for corbell is not going to make a difference or tarnish their reputation

add on to the point about "lifetime" warranty... the "life" in "lifetime" warranty is refers to the product's life (on the market)... not the customer's lifespan...

hence when the product is no longer in the market means warranty over...

self-entitled ppl think the "life" refers to their own life... :s13:

regards,
wacky

omfgwtf

Reaction score

Hello Mr Self Entitlement Prick User , just saw the pics from bluegrass and no surprise why it was voided :s22:

You mentioned you don't know what is gold finger burnt , here GPGT

hzSJCmR.jpg

Clon22 was nice enough to go beyond the service and offered you 2 rams FOC. Instead of feeling appreciative but ended up was getting attacked by you , typical self entitled Prick user. Really is bite the hand that feeds you. :s22:

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carousell got so many 2x4gb DDR3 or even 1x 8gb selling cheaply. Cannot afford to get meh? U alrdy saved so much by using the PC for 9 yrs liao and not upgrading.

You can bring your $$ to the next big distro but i believe you will soon learn the difference. They are much more stricter and follow to the letter of the policy.

Andri1608

Reaction score
I have 6pcs of 580 8gb armor oc with no display and blue screen, i got it from other seller at carousell, at the backplate got CT sticker, but it says only 12month warranty, but as i know the msi card got 3 years of warranty. After all the card still at good condition, got no physical damage at all, am i still have my rights to claim the warranty? Purchase near end-2018 or earlier 2019 if im not wrong. If out of warranty can you guys do repair for me? Since still at good condition only blue screen or ND problem. Many thanks

Andri1608

Reaction score
If you can can repair it for me, im definitely bring my card to your place.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
I have 6pcs of 580 8gb armor oc with no display and blue screen, i got it from other seller at carousell, at the backplate got CT sticker, but it says only 12month warranty, but as i know the msi card got 3 years of warranty. After all the card still at good condition, got no physical damage at all, am i still have my rights to claim the warranty? Purchase near end-2018 or earlier 2019 if im not wrong. If out of warranty can you guys do repair for me? Since still at good condition only blue screen or ND problem. Many thanks

If you can can repair it for me, im definitely bring my card to your place.

Do you have the receipt with you ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.