Cousin got into accident without insurance under his name

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Btw, there's another case where a drunk driver crashed into a GTR.

Being drunk, insurance did not cover the drunkard and victim had problem claiming.
This will be similar to your case where your cousin was driving around without valid insurance coverage.

Hope you won't meet any drunkards driving on the road.

Good luck and out.

Just to add on, the GTR sued the drunkard but he declared unable to pay (not sure if bankruptcy was filed). GTR owner basically LLST. I shall not reveal further details out of respect for GTR owner's privacy. :(

icy_baby

Reaction score
First must know which insurance company we are talking about. "Certain" insurance company will try to wiggle their way to avoid payout. Their usual phrase "We repudiate liability".

Otherwise, they will usually negotiate with the third party to reach a settlement. But your premium and NCD, if any, will all be affected.

Call and speak to your insurer and ask if they are aware of the claim and any actions taken on their end.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is good advice.

@ TS, i'm on DA as well, and it's indeed stated that under 30 not covered. think you have to pay more if you want to include this group.

but now to think of it, it's indeed risky to save on this (initially i thought i am the only one driving the car, no one else in the family has a license, but things do change along the way). think i will switch to a more comprehensive plan with another company when my insurance expire this year

also i hearsay that the more exp insurance plans are "easier" to claim, compared to the cheaper plans like DA and Aviva. not sure exactly how true that is.

Agree totally. And I like his last para...As long driver is not driving on a suspended license it has to be covered.

It is just like the drunkard case on the ferrari freak accident where AXA also made the payout in the end.Not too sure if I remember this wrongly.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to add on, the GTR sued the drunkard but he declared unable to pay (not sure if bankruptcy was filed). GTR owner basically LLST. I shall not reveal further details out of respect for GTR owner's privacy. :(

Thanks....ya man..now my cousin is not even drunk. And that victim suddenly ebrake in front on a first lane with no car in sight on lane 1 of an expressway

parkingandride

Master Member
Reaction score
To ts, if the car in font ebrake, i believe the fault still lies with your cousin as he is not able to stop in time...

Regarding the insurance, if there is this clause of over 30 yrs old and 2 yrs experience , then v difficult to fight also. Since is the terms and condition when u buy the insurance... but let hope for the best...

To prepare for the worse, i think u shd enage a lawyer to fight ba.. 100k as compensation ? If it is a minor accident, i doubt he can win. Unless is car bang human directly.. then see if can settle out of court... u shd hurry and call all the law firm and get an estimate quote..

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To ts, if the car in font ebrake, i believe the fault still lies with your cousin as he is not able to stop in time...

Regarding the insurance, if there is this clause of over 30 yrs old and 2 yrs experience , then v difficult to fight also. Since is the terms and condition when u buy the insurance... but let hope for the best...

To prepare for the worse, i think u shd enage a lawyer to fight ba.. 100k as compensation ? If it is a minor accident, i doubt he can win. Unless is car bang human directly.. then see if can settle out of court... u shd hurry and call all the law firm and get an estimate quote..

Yeah agree totally to what u say. Can now only wish for the best

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think too much. 2009 a motorcycle skidded and rammed into my back.

Claimed me $55K... insurance company won't blindly pay out. They fought for 3.5 years, just closed last year at $17K payout.

parkingandride

Master Member
Reaction score

Claimed me $55K... insurance company won't blindly pay out. They fought for 3.5 years, just closed last year at $17K payout.

Y claim u and not u claim him ?

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sadly now the problem is the insurance company gave up on TS due to some T&C thou.

Hence before looking at the pay-out; is how to get the company to cover for the claim ba.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sadly now the problem is the insurance company gave up on TS due to some T&C thou.

Hence before looking at the pay-out; is how to get the company to cover for the claim ba.

yes yes agree..

linzw00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think the 100k is more from the medical prob and expense side.. and it does sounds like a fraud to me. could be those insurance fraud syndicate approach him.. i hear that they also approach those taxi drivers, the moment they reported the accident to the company, they approach them to offer to help them to settle them,. do follow what most pple advised here, since legal advise. i believe its still way cheaper than 100k.

there are those free legal advice provided by lawyers, just look out for them. also, recently there was a breakthrough in the court for finding some related pple for guilty of committing insurance fraud.

insurance payout may take a long time to pay out, due to such investigations. so if you feel that you are not wrong or 100k is a wrongful amt, can always seek redress one. seek until cow come home. dn't know complain to the insurance association would help or not.

Last edited:

papaya00

Reaction score
there is a legal aid available, just check out the conditions to apply and send your application.

If there is medical report, it will be costly to hire a solicitor yourself. Because in order to discredit the medical report, you have to find some prove like get medical expert in or evidence to prove the medical report is fake.

IIIUSION

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep agreed DA too many T&Cs for the low price and if you don't read properly you are finished,

I had a friend who's case was rejected by DA cos they said he was the main driver(not sure how they concluded that) and don't tally with his application which states main is his uncle.

Last edited:

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep agreed DA too many T&Cs for the low price and if you don't read properly you are finished,

I had a friend who's case was rejected by DA cos they said he was the main driver(not sure how they concluded that) and don't tally with his application which states main is his uncle.

Whoa....thats scary...means they are always finding ways to absolve responsibilities with 1001 T&Cs.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do not lend your car to anyone else. !

Yes...moral of story...do not lend to anyone. People can call you selfish or what have you not...but when in trouble caused by them not u...u have to suffer as much if not more than them...ass

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.