Covid-19 Vaccines for Children (Lowest Risk Group)

jamestanbs

Reaction score
I am making public my letter to ST Forum & REACH sent on 30 May 2021 since 7 days past without a response from ST Forum to register my concern as a grandparent about the longer-term Covid-19 vaccine safety and effectiveness risks highlighted by the twelve doctors in an Open Letter and also Dr Danny Soon (a member of MOH Expert Committee on Vaccination). Parents & grandparents need to be discerning about the new mRNA Covid-19 vaccine for children (the lowest risk group for Covid-19) as the points stated in my letter are valid about potential risks and consequences. My Letter is reproduced below:

Parents Must Decide If Children Should Get Vaccinated

I refer to articles “Teens aged 12 to 15 to get Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine in Singapore” (ST: 18 May); and “Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine safe, effective for those aged 12-15, says expert committee responding to open letter from some doctors” (ST: 24 May).

As a grandfather, I want to be thoroughly informed of any risks that could affect my grandchildren. The Ministers of Health and Education must ensure that parents reserve full rights to decide if their child should get vaccinated.

In the open letter, twelve doctors warned against “long-term side effects” of the mRNA vaccines, to which Dr Kenneth Lyen rebutted: “Medical science progresses at incredible speed, so we should not worry about what happens 10 to 20 years later. We will deal with future problems if and when they arise.”

Ironically, while Dr Kenneth sought to allay fears by touting the advancement of medical technology, his statement did not rule out the possibility of risks the twelve doctors raised.

Another Prof Ooi said: “There is absolutely no evidence to support the notion that there are vaccines that can cause problems 10 to 20 years after vaccination.”

The fallacy here might be that Prof Ooi is comparing apples to oranges. Since the twelve doctors’ concerns are precisely because the mRNA vaccine is new, “unknown and unstudied”, how then can there be any evidence about it whatsoever?

In fact, the issue of longer-term side effects was mentioned too by Dr Danny Soon, another member of MOH’s Expert Committee. He pinpointed the long term effectiveness and safety of these vaccines are yet to be fully investigated.”(“Fast and Furious: Can we trust the speedy development of Covid-19 vaccines?”, ST: 28 Dec 2020) He also confirmed that data on symptoms of reactogenicity is “evolving” and “vaccination guidelines will require… close observation of vaccine recipients” following vaccination.

The Straits Times had reported a total of 2796 adverse events including 104 applications for financial assistance for serious injuries following vaccination (11 May). We should not dismiss these cases, but look into it with no details left unturned. Fact is – there are unknowns surrounding the vaccine. As such, we must encourage more informed, educated voices to arise for a robust debate. The twelve doctors should not be silenced for raising valid public concernsabout longer-term vaccine safety and effectiveness. Hence, I am thankful for the open letter.

Tan Boon Siang

30 May 2021

Straits Times news link referred in Letter:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/singapore-approves-use-of-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-for-those-aged-12-to-15

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ficacious-for-those-aged-12-to-15-says-expert

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...t-the-speedy-development-of-covid-19-vaccines

glorfindel

Master Member
Reaction score
I wonder why are we risking our children when all the research tells us that they are at very little risk from covid? Its better to err on the side of caution and only consider vaccinating the young when extensive safety evaluation is complete.

jamestanbs

Reaction score
I wonder why are we risking our children when all the research tells us that they are at very little risk from covid? Its better to err on the side of caution and only consider vaccinating the young when extensive safety evaluation is complete.
I ask the same question too. When they roll out children vaccine, the experts say to protect parents. But prior to that when they rolled out for adults they say better jab to protect our families and children. So now who is protecting whom? And at the recent MTF press conference (31 May) it was made clear that the endpoint is to jab everyone whether healthy or sick or even chronic sick (e.g. cancer patients under treatment), pregnant women, nursing mothers and the frailest of all in society (specifically 30,000 with rare and special conditions like autoimmune diseases, anaphylaxis (acute allergies), myocarditis (a heart inflammation issue), depressed adolescents with adverse childhood events. Just because Israel and USA are doing this and the feedback is positive outcome). Is this what "no one is safe until everyone is safe" all about - removing all valid reasons for all these people not to take the jab because now experts claim vaccines will be made safe for all of them with special conditions although there are effective cures & treatments for Covid-19 ? Isn't it a departure from the initial idea of achieving 70% herd immunity (that WHO recently confirmed the minimum target to end the pandemic)? But the level of herd immunity has changed previously from 70% to 80 to 90%, a stretched target that CCS said a few months back he was confident of achieving by end Jun before WEF announcement of aborting plans for a world conference here for Aug. And now it is 100%. Are all these arbitrary numbers? Is there a scientific basis? Herd immunity still a debatable concept among medical experts.

Last edited:

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Who can tell them if they don’t even have long term study data

jamestanbs

Reaction score
Think they know they are collecting data now along with live implementation of global rollout. Saw your Chinese text msg below your question. Agree with you that physical safety & protection measures proven effective for SG to keep community cases at zero or near zero for so many months midway with the Circuit Breaker safety measures (mask, safe distancing, etc) until 29 April when community cases unexpectedly erupted after 4 months of vaccine rollout. Now we are not sure whether who is protected after the jab as we have been seeing some vaccinated people tested positive among the community cases since then.

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
COVID19 is the new kid on the block.

I am not sure what kind of 'long term' you or some parents are referring to.
2yrs of data? 10yrs? 20yrs? 50yrs?

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Next generation
Or never.

Let's see:
BCG vaccination started in Singapore in the 1950s. How about everybody's grandparents? Did they get jabbed?
Hep B vaccination started in 1985. So how?
MMR leh?

Now before anyone gets all sassy and say, "But those are proven technology what!" ask what happened in 1928 when Alexandra Fleming discovered penicillin?

"What is this mold accidentally found by a scientist because he forgot to cover some petri dish? And now he claims it can cure us of our deadly diseases!? What nonsense!?"

And mRNA has been around since the 1961 and since the dawn of mankind.

Everything is around as long as homo sapiens is around. Its just that scientists had not unlocked it with science and technology YET.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My daughter had kawasaki disease at 5 months old so it's highly unlikely we are going to give her this vaccine. In fact, kawasaki disease could have been caused by one of her vaccinations early on.

jamestanbs

Reaction score
Next generation
My daughter had kawasaki disease at 5 months old so it's highly unlikely we are going to give her this vaccine. In fact, kawasaki disease could have been caused by one of her vaccinations early on.
Yes exercise caution. Safety is an emotionally loaded word for families with children especially. Must do due diligence to understand the mechanics of safety in any product ingested into our body. Difficult to unfix harm done. Check out the safety, effectiveness & personal need for the product instead of unquestioning trust & faith in experts & manufacturers' claims of benefits.

jamestanbs

Reaction score
Next generation
Some are hit with complications sooner after the jab than others because everyone's body and health conditions are different. Others who are stronger may experience complications much later. Dr Danny Soon, a member of the Expert Committee has highlighted that data for long-term effectiveness and safety are missing in the vaccine trials and approval process. He thinks adverse effects usually show up as fast as 1 year later. While the 12 Doctors who issued the Open Letter caution that long-term adverse effects may show up between 10 to 20 years. So you can see that experts differ in their professional opinions. But one common point is it takes time for serious adverse effects of vaccines to show up. Some of the serious complications that are reported in media are: life threatening blood clots, heart inflammation, cardiac arrest, serious averse allergy reactions to mRNA vaccines, etc.

jamestanbs

Reaction score
Or never.

Let's see:
BCG vaccination started in Singapore in the 1950s. How about everybody's grandparents? Did they get jabbed?
Hep B vaccination started in 1985. So how?
MMR leh?

Now before anyone gets all sassy and say, "But those are proven technology what!" ask what happened in 1928 when Alexandra Fleming discovered penicillin?

"What is this mold accidentally found by a scientist because he forgot to cover some petri dish? And now he claims it can cure us of our deadly diseases!? What nonsense!?"

And mRNA has been around since the 1961 and since the dawn of mankind.

Everything is around as long as homo sapiens is around. Its just that scientists had not unlocked it with science and technology YET.
Yes mRNA not new as it has a 3 decades of development history. However only this year that two Big Pharma are said to have successfully developed mRNA vaccines for Covid-19 that have been approved by FDA. Some media sources indicated that their Phase 3 trials will not end until 1 or 2 years later. In other words if I understand correctly the roll-out itself is part of the Phase 3 trials. However, you can google to check the safety track record of mRNA & you will find that it has a history of safety issues with test mice either dead or maimed in the vaccine trials. Hopefully, they have got it right this time while there are reported cases of adverse events here as well as in other parts of the world that rollout mRNA.

natnaes

Reaction score
Yes mRNA not new as it has a 3 decades of development history. However only this year that two Big Pharma are said to have successfully developed mRNA vaccines for Covid-19 that have been approved by FDA. Some media sources indicated that their Phase 3 trials will not end until 1 or 2 years later. In other words if I understand correctly the roll-out itself is part of the Phase 3 trials. However, you can google to check the safety track record of mRNA & you will find that it has a history of safety issues with test mice either dead or maimed in the vaccine trials. Hopefully, they have got it right this time while there are reported cases of adverse events here as well as in other parts of the world that rollout mRNA.
Googled and the "mRNA dead mice" is debunked to be fake news, the author of the study itself confirmed that the animals did not die and mRNA vaccines were not used in the trial.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-mice-idUSKBN2A22UW

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.