COVID VTL Travel Insurance discussion Thread

haituni

Reaction score
More countries are opening up. This thread serves as a place to discuss travel insurance, things to take note etc.

andy1982

Reaction score
personally, if i am travelling, i will go one tier up instead of choosing the cheapest, just a bit more coverage.

frankly, if you kenna covid, most countries also say home recovery, unless u got health issues. so the insurance is good to cover extra hotel charges and no pay leave needed during this time.

ultramarine

Reaction score
Any one with recommendation for travel insurance with most comprehensive coverage? Thanks!

dilphinus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one with recommendation for travel insurance with most comprehensive coverage? Thanks!
I got the FWD with covid add-on.

PM me if you'll like the referral code for a discount.

My sibling did the comparison. My sibling is going for a month (and with an elderly) so they got the more, if not, most comprehensive coverage from FWD after comparing with the other insurers. I just took her suggestion and bought a similar coverage from the same agency. Still you have to do your own policy wordings reading before committing.

xiaomitao

Reaction score
sorry to hijack the thread, one question here.

typically does travel insurance cover the GP visit and medications when overseas?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry to hijack the thread, one question here.

typically does travel insurance cover the GP visit and medications when overseas?

yes shld have

but to be sure can be claimed, ask the GP to write down the diagnosis on the receipt or piece of paper clearly

magna_strike

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Axa coverage seems quite good though, I'm planning to get their smart traveller series for my upcoming trip. Don't take their wanderlust one, it's useless and overhyped if u look at the coverage.

belgarathc

Reaction score
Axa coverage seems quite good though, I'm planning to get their smart traveller series for my upcoming trip. Don't take their wanderlust one, it's useless and overhyped if u look at the coverage.
We bought from AXA too. Around $12X in total for 2 pax 16 days in South Korea.

BwaySaiDonk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are going on a multi leg trip, and one of the legs get cancelled due to covid or other related matters. Can we claim insurance for this leg? if so what does this claim category fall under?

kingboonz

Reaction score
Hi guys. Any recommendation for a 3 month long (or annual plan) travel insurance policy that covers pre-existing condition and covid?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.