Creative Outlier Air truly wireless earphones

bryanvlo

Reaction score
I'm waiting for this as well. I have the v1 and Gold and the connection breaks quite easily.

I remember reading all the three versions are on qc3020, which is same as the Sabbat E12 Ultra I have. 3020 biggest downside is the master slave connection. Hopefully Creative can do one with 3040, then will be perfect le

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for this as well. I have the v1 and Gold and the connection breaks quite easily.

When you pair your V1 and Gold to your mobile phone, do you see 1 or 2 devices? For example when I paired my Sabbat E12 Ultra to my phone, i will see two Sabbat E12 Ultra, which I think its their way of master slave connection... :(

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the three versions V1 / Gold / V2 won't detect the earphones as two devices? Interesting, then may not have the master slave disconnection issue like my E12 Ultra.
The only time I tested was the V1 when it was first release at Suntec Convection Centre can't remember is IT show or what. TBH I was impressed with the sound and connection, but that time I didn't know of the master slave so never took note.

It detects as 2 devices, which is correct for true wireless plus as the left and right connects to the phone independently.

Master slave is one side will connect to the phone and the other side connects to the connected side, forming a daisy chain (for eg. Left-right-phone).

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It detects as 2 devices, which is correct for true wireless plus as the left and right connects to the phone independently.

Master slave is one side will connect to the phone and the other side connects to the connected side, forming a daisy chain (for eg. Left-right-phone).
When you put one side inside case, the music will have a few seconds pause before automatically play? This is how my Sabbat behaves. And it's even more jialat if playing from DAP, won't automatically connect if one side put into case

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you put one side inside case, the music will have a few seconds pause before automatically play? This is how my Sabbat behaves. And it's even more jialat if playing from DAP, won't automatically connect if one side put into case

For my Sony phone, don't have delay or music pause, as it implements the qualcomm true wireless plus standard.

For Samsung phones, got delay as Samsung don't implement the qualcomm true wireless standard on their phones. Hence Samsung phones always used the master slave implementation for qualcomm tws earbuds.

bryanvlo

Reaction score
I see two devices. But the connection performs poorly compared to my Hypertek Levis. Tho I much prefer the fit of the Outliers, I have to use the Levis when I'm gonna be walking around or going on a bike ride. The Outliers when I'm sitting down and watching something on my phone.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For my Sony phone, don't have delay or music pause, as it implements the qualcomm true wireless plus standard.

For Samsung phones, got delay as Samsung don't implement the qualcomm true wireless standard on their phones. Hence Samsung phones always used the master slave implementation for qualcomm tws earbuds.
Hmm so it's also depending on phone. I am using Pocophone, has this problem

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any specific specs I can see in a phone to know it will not lose connection like your Sony phone?

Can try see from the phone developer options if got tws+ option.

SAwvxqa.png

leroce

Reaction score
My V2 left side dead after 2 weeks use, can't wake n no charging.. disappointed ...

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try see from the phone developer options if got tws+ option.

SAwvxqa.png
dmdBXLdl.jpg

CjybqW9l.jpg

Is it this?

I tried to set in, then test on my Sabbat. When listening to both sides, put L inside case, R pause few seconds then continue play. But when take L out, both LR will connect automatically. Same when I put R inside casing. Does this situation happen to you?

I wonder is it my Sabbat earphones or phone (poco f1) issue. If it's phone, then buy this Creative Outlier air also no difference le... :(

Cometdevil

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am on V1 for 1year + le , recently notice the earbud sometime will no sound with noise then come back.

sometime randomly will drop connection totally.

dont know is it time to change

zcf

Reaction score
Just had my 10 months+ old Outlier Air RMA recently due to the left button cap detached, as it is still within warranty period.

& kudo to Creative for exchange a new pair on the spot.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bought it last Sunday. Am lovin' it.
12hrs of use (on paper). Can jittao listen almost the whole day without having to be prompted to charge.

Was a bit reluctant to buy because I read from posts here from forummers regarding Outlier Gold's poor phonce call quality. But then told myself that creative would have been aware of the criticisms and rectified it by now.

Though I never made any calls with it yet so far :o

The charging case is a bit longer than Outlier Air and Outlier Gold. Used the older charging cases provided by the Challenger meimei to try on my pouch, was almost perfect fit.

End up after buying, realized It was quite a tight fit. Luckily could still fully zip up.

Don't know is it my set only or what, I get short bouts of static sounds at times =/

Like how it was mentioned in reviews online, the minimum double tap functions are a welcome implementation. Coming from someone who used touch based earbuds before (SonicGear Earpump TWS 2), I found it irritating to have funtions activating/deactivating when I am touching it for only a bit, like trying to adjust my buds etc.

But still got issue lah... You wear it and lie on the bed, the moment you rest on your side, your ear will touch the mattress/pillow. Then the touch sensitive bud will adjust the volume.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The long battery life also allows me to bring just the buds out and leave the bulky charging case at home.

Yah. You can wear out for exercise for a few hours and not worry halfway low batt. In fact if you leave home around afternoon for shopping etc, still can survive till your journey home at night.

Just that if you don't need them, you'll need to still have them plugged into your ears because if you take them out put in pocket etc, might be easy to lose them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.