Cycling peeps lip lai - Part 2

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks okay so far , will really know after a year or two. but pretty easy to build up
Build with di2 shld be ok. Mine also fully internal. Halfway I wished I spend the extra few hundred for 105 di2 instead of mech. especially routing for the handlebar, its almost impossible to squeeze 4 housings in a tight space.

Ernestx

Reaction score
Build with di2 shld be ok. Mine also fully internal. Halfway I wished I spend the extra few hundred for 105 di2 instead of mech. especially routing for the handlebar, its almost impossible to squeeze 4 housings in a tight space.
You can go another option like wireless SRAM AXS Rival Shifters and Derailleurs. So only left 2 physical brake housing.

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5.1 dot. not really. use freshwater or isopropyl alcohol wash off after your disc brake work.
Will probably go with Shimano as the current road bike that I have is with shimano .

Will update more pictures of the build when i get the groupset

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup doing di2 semi-wireless, only 1 cable to run thru the back, now to find out where to put the battery

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...t-park-opens-completing-18km-eastern-corridor

Cycling route between Pasir Ris Park and East Coast Park opens, 18km Eastern Corridor completed

Residents and visitors can walk or jog along a bridge that was opened as part of the Eastern Corridor. ST PHOTO: SHINTARO TAY

Shermaine Ang

FEB 17, 2024, 07:28 PM

SINGAPORE – Residents and visitors now have an alternative route for jogging or cycling between Pasir Ris Park and East Coast Park through Bedok Reservoir Park, with the completion of the 18km Eastern Corridor.

The National Parks Board (NParks) on Feb 17 opened the new 600m Bedok Park Connector (Eastern Bank) along the Sungei Bedok waterway, which completes the Eastern Corridor.

The recreational green route also features the recently completed park connectors along Tampines Avenue 9 and Tampines Avenue 10, which together with the new Bedok park connector total over 3.2km.

NParks also announced three new cycling bridges planned along the eastern half of the Round Island Route at Changi Beach Park and East Coast Park.

There are plans for the three bridges to be built across Changi Creek, connecting Changi Point to Changi Beach Park, as well as the eastern end of East Coast Park, and to replace the existing bridge across Fort Road at the western end of East Coast Park.

NParks said these are part of its efforts to expand connectivity across Singapore, providing more opportunities for the community to explore nature areas. “They also contribute towards enabling every household to live within a 10-minute walk of a park by 2030,” NParks added in a statement.

The Eastern Corridor was first announced in 2021 and was progressively opened. Its completion links up several parks which offer experiences such as bird watching at Tampines Eco Green, a therapeutic garden at Sun Plaza Park and sports activities at East Coast Park.

Half of the route is located along waterways such as Sungei Tampines. The recently completed park connectors along Tampines link up Tampines Eco Green and Bedok Reservoir Park.

The eastern half of the Round Island Route, opened in January 2022, will be enhanced with mapboards and directional signage, as well as landscaping to provide shade and greenery. NParks will also introduce marine habitats by installing tiles that support marine life, in order to attract biodiversity along the route.

Currently, at 75km, the Round Island Route is the island’s longest recreational connection, stretching from Rower’s Bay Park in the north-east, to Changi Beach Park, East Coast Park and past the Singapore River to Berlayer Creek near Labrador Nature Reserve in the south. The rest of the Round Island Route, which will come up to 150km in total, will be progressively completed by 2035.

“These are part of NParks’ overall plans to curate a 360km island-wide network of recreational routes by 2035, as Singapore transforms into a City in Nature,” said NParks.

Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat, who announced the completion of the Eastern Corridor on Feb 17, said: “Since 2021, residents here and across Singapore have been enjoying recreational activities along parts of the Eastern Corridor, bringing them closer to nature.”

“By bringing families, friends and neighbours together, shared spaces like these help to create a more caring, green and vibrant community here at East Coast,” he said.

“Families and friends can spend time with one another along the Eastern Corridor, forging special memories across generations.”

One of the residents who will benefit is Ms Joanna Cheong, who lives in Bedok North.

She and her husband take their daughters, aged six and 14, outdoors every weekend. Her husband would cycle 20km with their girls while she walks 10km with her mother.

“It’s their only chance to be outdoors, since they’re usually in school or at home,” said the 39-year-old, who works as a patient service associate. “It gets them to stop looking at their phone,” she added.

“Sometimes, they complain it’s hot. But they still come along. When we sweat, it really improves our mood.”

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pending crankset, wheels and chain and we are good to go.
Some pictures are here.
WeZSHFW.jpg

Pending seat post to chop , fork to chop.

SZ7JRgs.jpg

Can see that it is totally integrated.

Final solution for the battery, not very elegant solution lol.
6cSnZts.jpg

Weight of the bike now is at 7.1kg including the porky wheels.

Some thoughts after building the bike.
1. The frame thickness is 20mm for the rear frame to mount the brakes, had to wait a long while to get the appropriate bolts for it.
2. The frame does not come with the rubber grommets, so remember to buy it from aliexpress, the whole of the rear derailleur cable and front derailleur cable is 6mm .
3. For the newer 12 speed di2, most china branded internal routing kit does not work, i had to use duct tape to run the cables thru the frames.
4. The finishing of the frame inside is very poor, the carbon edges are not smoothed out. However, on the outside the paint itself is good.
5. Building the bike without a workstand is NOT recommended ( I sold off my old workstand) , please have it, especially when bleeding the brakes.
6. Bleeding is a nightmare, I tried to bleed without a workstand and there is still some air trapped in the system, gonna try it again when i have a proper workstand.
Also , the china bleeding kit sucks, the seal on the shifter is very poor and the shifter side leaked badly.
Also if you wanna bleed, please bleed at the HDB voide deck instead of spoiling your nice porclein tiles of your house.

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the weight now

ModelWeightActual PriceRemarks
FrameHYGGE
1010​
756​
Exclude- Hanger, Seat Clamp with bottle cages bolts (steel)
Fork
349​
Uncut
handlebar
395​
Gross weight - 375g , weight inclusive of handlebar extension, garmin and light mount
Stem
Stem bolts
Seatpost
195​
Uncut - steel bolts
Headset
120​
Frame misc
76​
Headset Spacers - 2x, deraileur Hanger
Thru Axle
63​
BrakesUltegra
331​
Front caliper - with TI mounting screw
Rear Caliper with normal screw
Shifter105 Di 2
440​
1325​
FD
137​
RD
299​
Battery
72​
Cables
Misc boltsTi bolts
-4​
9.01​
Ti bolts- Handlebar m5x 18mm 2pcs
Ti bolts
2.13​
1pcs Di2 Rubber Grommet for Frame 6mm
Ti bolts
-8​
3.61​
Ti Screws for Seatpost M5 x 35 2pcs
Ti bolts
-5​
5.65​
Ti Screws for Bottle Cage M5 x 35 2pcs
Ti bolts
-2​
1.41​
Ti Screws for Seat Clamp M5 x 18 1pcs
Saddle
260​
Fabric scoop elite
Rotor
121​
Rotor 105 140mm
Rotor
133​
Rotor 105 160mm
Cassette
320​
Shimano 105 cassette
Front Tire
428​
Bontrager R1
Rear Tire
428​
Bontrager R1
Front Tube
117​
Inner Tube
Rear Tube
117​
Inner Tube
Wheels
1750​
Bontrager affinity
7142​
2102.81​

Final weight of the bike is estimated to be as follows.

ModelWeightActual PriceRemarks
FrameHYGGE1010756Exclude- Hanger, Seat Clamp with bottle cages bolts (steel)
Fork349Uncut
handlebar395Gross weight - 375g , weight inclusive of handlebar extension, garmin and light mount
Seatpost195Uncut - steel bolts
Headset120
Frame misc76Headset Spacers - 2x, deraileur Hanger
Thru Axle63
BrakesUltegra331Front caliper - with TI mounting screw
Rear Caliper with normal screw
Shifter105 Di 24401325
FD137
RD299
Battery72
Cables
Misc boltsTi bolts-49.01Ti bolts- Handlebar m5x 18mm 2pcs
Ti bolts2.131pcs Di2 Rubber Grommet for Frame 6mm
Ti bolts-83.61Ti Screws for Seatpost M5 x 35 2pcs
Ti bolts-55.65Ti Screws for Bottle Cage M5 x 35 2pcs
Ti bolts-21.41Ti Screws for Seat Clamp M5 x 18 1pcs
Bottle cagesMixed50Estimated weight yet to purchase
SaddleMixed135
RotorDura Ace216
chainUltegra2682100
CassetteUltegra294
CranksetSkypivot545
BBBB76
Wheel setHyyge1335
TireGP 5000442
TubesCST220

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bled my hydraulics with just a rear bike stand, risky . Spilled some while doing but ended up ok. I'll probably do it the same way next time, too cheapo to buy a workstand. If you feel there are still air bubbles why not bring it for a short ride after other components are installed. The road vibrations would lift them up, then rebleed again.
My bleeding kit also bought from aliexpress. But they work well. Routing tool as well. I watched one youtuber who also bought the Hygge and he used the tool, just strings and strong magnets. Really simple and effective and saved me from the pain of internal cabling.

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bled my hydraulics with just a rear bike stand, risky . Spilled some while doing but ended up ok. I'll probably do it the same way next time, too cheapo to buy a workstand. If you feel there are still air bubbles why not bring it for a short ride after other components are installed. The road vibrations would lift them up, then rebleed again.
My bleeding kit also bought from aliexpress. But they work well. Routing tool as well. I watched one youtuber who also bought the Hygge and he used the tool, just strings and strong magnets. Really simple and effective and saved me from the pain of internal cabling.
For the hydraulics, im using the new 12 speed di2 shifters, the funnel did not have a secure fit so leak. I think still have air bubbles inside.

For the internal routing kit, my cables are the D300 cables, the routing kit only for the old di2

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.