DBS Altitude Visa Signature

DerekTsang

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this been asked before - I am planning to convert my DBS point to krisflyer miles, and aware that there's a conversion fee per conversion, my question is will the conversion fee increased if I convert more than once? (Since conversion is in the block of 5,000 dbs point)

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this been asked before - I am planning to convert my DBS point to krisflyer miles, and aware that there's a conversion fee per conversion, my question is will the conversion fee increased if I convert more than once? (Since conversion is in the block of 5,000 dbs point)

Can convert multiple blocks of 5000 dbs points per conversion (paying one fee)

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a question on oversea magnetic stripe.
I have the DBS attitude card n been using it to pump petrol at Jb shell station (inserting into the card terminal). I assume that that is a magnetic stripe reader (not chip reader)

No problem in using it for the past few years. No need key in pin watver so.
But my card is having problem with paywave. So I replaced with a new card recently. Log in to Internet banking n check under magnetic stripe and realized that it is disallowed. (But the FAQ from DBS mention that if we replace the card with same number, the magnetic stripe usage status will maintain as per old card)

Anyone can confirm that the petrol station in JB are using EMV chip reader?

Last edited:

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Most if not all credit card terminals in Asia are using EMV (Chip). Insert the credit card into the terminal is EMV. For magnetic stripe card, need to slide the card thru the magnetic reader, just like immigration sliding the passport thru the reader.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Most if not all credit card terminals in Asia are using EMV (Chip). Insert the credit card into the terminal is EMV. For magnetic stripe card, need to slide the card thru the magnetic reader, just like immigration sliding the passport thru the reader.

It is insert into the reader. So should be EMV. But I try using my POSB everyday card (magnetic stripe usage is disallowed) , it required me to key in pin. But I do not need to key in pin for attitude card.
UOB/Citibank card also require to key in pin. Very weird.

Tiger9119

Reaction score
It is insert into the reader. So should be EMV. But I try using my POSB everyday card (magnetic stripe usage is disallowed) , it required me to key in pin. But I do not need to key in pin for attitude card.
UOB/Citibank card also require to key in pin. Very weird.

All my cards do not have pin, if I have a choice, I would want to have pin for my credit cards. Better to disable magnetic stripe unless you are going to USA. Magnetic strip is easy to clone.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
All my cards do not have pin, if I have a choice, I would want to have pin for my credit cards. Better to disable magnetic stripe unless you are going to USA. Magnetic strip is easy to clone.

I tot all credit card have pin? I have send email to DBS to ask as well

Tiger9119

Reaction score
I tot all credit card have pin? I have send email to DBS to ask as well

The pin I have for the cards, I believe it is for atm cash withdrawal, I never use it before. I wish to have pin for all transactions/purchases, more secure.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
The pin I have for the cards, I believe it is for atm cash withdrawal, I never use it before. I wish to have pin for all transactions/purchases, more secure.

Think it is the same. I use the same pin for everyday card n can be used in jb.

the.guru

Reaction score
Ya lo....Shy leh....DBS Points no negative balance. When 0 balance and there is a refund, it is still 0:s11:. Maybe a trap by the bank. Try at your own risk.

I called DBS hotline and ask the CSO to check with the rewards dept for the cost the points are being charged to the card if they found out you redeemed the points from reversed transactions.

It is S$0.0291 per DBS point. Works out to be S$0.01455 a mile because 1 DBS Point = 2 miles for Asia Miles, KrisFlyer & Qantas Points. So each 10,000 miles block will cost S$145.50. Very worth it!!

Imagine flying 1 way First Class Saver on Star Alliance airlines from SIN to Europe for only S$2044.29 (140,500 KrisFlyer miles), 1 way Suites Advantage from SIN to London/Zurich for only S$3201 (220,000 KrisFlyer miles) or 1 way Business Class on SQ to Japan for S$683.85 (47,000 KrisFlyer miles)!!

But the CSO can't tell when they will bill to your card the cost of the points. For your reference please.

Last edited:

Fujima

Reaction score
I called DBS hotline and ask the CSO to check with the rewards dept for the cost the points are being charged to the card if they found out you redeemed the points from reversed transactions.

It is S$0.0291 per DBS point. Works out to be S$0.01455 a mile because 1 DBS Point = 2 miles for Asia Miles, KrisFlyer & Qantas Points. So each 10,000 miles block will cost S$145.50. Very worth it!!

in the t&cs of their online account opening promo a while ago, it was stated as the clawback being $0.04 a point, or $0.02 a mile

but this is interesting info nonetheless, thx for sharing

the.guru

Reaction score
in the t&cs of their online account opening promo a while ago, it was stated as the clawback being $0.04 a point, or $0.02 a mile

but this is interesting info nonetheless, thx for sharing

Maybe that points clawback rate is for new credit card accounts opened. But could you send the link for the account opening promo for us to see? Thanks!

the.guru

Reaction score

I c. Thanks. I think that rate is for that promotion's gift 5000 points.

I was referring to the points for refunded transactions & bonus points (awarded every 16th of the month) from agoda.com, expedia.com, hotels.com. Maybe they have a different rate, S$0.0291 per point. Because DBS's points system DOES NOT have NEGATIVE balance.

Ensure that your credit limit is >$8333.34 for 5000 points, >$16666.67 for 10000 points or >$25000 for 15000 points, charge a refundable hotel reservation for a far away dated stay and cancel after receiving the bonus points on the 16th. Transfer the original 3x points and bonus to KrisFlyer/Asia Miles/Qantas points....:D

Fujima

Reaction score
I c. Thanks. I think that rate is for that promotion's gift 5000 points.

I was referring to the points for refunded transactions & bonus points (awarded every 16th of the month) from agoda.com, expedia.com, hotels.com. Maybe they have a different rate, S$0.0291 per point. Because DBS's points system DOES NOT have NEGATIVE balance.

Ensure that your credit limit is >$8333.34 for 5000 points, >$16666.67 for 10000 points or >$25000 for 15000 points, charge a refundable hotel reservation for a far away dated stay and cancel after receiving the bonus points on the 16th. Transfer the original 3x points and bonus to KrisFlyer/Asia Miles/Qantas points....:D

yup it's a different promo indeed, but just thought the calculation of how much a point/mile in the context of clawback should be the same across the board

somemore it's detailed until $0.0291, wow! pls let us know if indeed that's the amount charged

i'm still keeping a chunk of points due to the noexpiry, hence won't be able to utilise what you have shared

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.