DBS Altitude Visa Signature

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the amex card useful? they have 50% extra bonus miles promo for new cards but harder to hit minimum spend because not widely accepted right? and the visa benefits like pp and concierge seems better?

Last edited:

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow i got $120 rebate for spend n get promo. dun even recall signing this up leh

f4ll3n

Reaction score
anybody here received DBS' crediting the sign-up gift $200 for promo-code "PAYLAH" from Sep or Oct for 2mth $800min-spend? Altho tnc state within 150 days from card approval, just wanna see any early crediting :rofl:

Both my friend and I still waiting..

f4ll3n

Reaction score
anybody here received DBS' crediting the sign-up gift $200 for promo-code "PAYLAH" from Sep or Oct for 2mth $800min-spend? Altho tnc state within 150 days from card approval, just wanna see any early crediting :rofl:

Both my friend and I still waiting..

My experience with DBS's sign up bonus was also that they get credited close to the end.

figured they'd give it out later rather than sooner.
Anyway both my friend and i got the Oct-'PAYLAH' signup promo credit last week, in between Dec n Jan cycle :s12:

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw on DBS website https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/credit-cards/dbs-altitude-cards

Earn an additional mile on everything you spend, with an admin fee of just 2% of your retail spend. That’s up to 4 miles per S$1 spent!

Here’s your chance to accumulate more miles for your next holiday. Whether it’s a wintry escape, a safari adventure or a beachside getaway – it’s easier with DBS Altitude Card

Reward yourself with an additional mile on all your spend

Earn an additional mile on everything you spend, with an admin fee of just 2% of your retail spend. That’s up to 4 miles per S$1 spent!

Here’s your chance to accumulate more miles for your next holiday. Whether it’s a wintry escape, a safari adventure or a beachside getaway – it’s easier with DBS Altitude Card

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw on DBS website https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/credit-cards/dbs-altitude-cards

Reward yourself with an additional mile on all your spend

Is it any good? I see that 2k local spend is 40$ fee. To gain 2000 miles. Worth it?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

Xcniz28

Reaction score
Anybody faces any issues with annual fee waiver for DBS Altitude card? Say if I don’t want the bonus.

Am using an OCBC miles card and thinking of cancelling it as I had to go down to negotiate for fee waiver

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody faces any issues with annual fee waiver for DBS Altitude card? Say if I don’t want the bonus.

Am using an OCBC miles card and thinking of cancelling it as I had to go down to negotiate for fee waiver
What ocbc card are u using?

DBS cards are not difficult to waive off. Instant

Xcniz28

Reaction score
What ocbc card are u using?

DBS cards are not difficult to waive off. Instant
I’m using 90N. Couldn’t waive off on mobile and on call, so went to the counter.

At first, the CSO told me there is a minimum spending. But after I asked him to show me on the website and he couldn’t find, the story changed to there is no minimum spending required so cannot be waived.

They called me afterwards to say they will waive it off this time round, but emphasised that this card has no waiver for annual fee. I have a feeling that they won’t let me waive it next year since they already “warned” me

TerryPower

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need advice

i apply for this card last year june. now they bill me $192.80

i'm new to credit cards, so I thought 1st year waiver means 1st year free and end of year 2 then pay annual fee.

but obviously I'm wrong

is asking for waiver easy? I whole year spend less than $400. I don't mind cancelling but do I still have to pay the fees?

ducky32

Reaction score
need advice

i'm new to credit cards, so I thought 1st year waiver means 1st year free and end of year 2 then pay annual fee.

but obviously I'm wrong

is asking for waiver easy? I whole year spend less than $400. I don't mind cancelling but do I still have to pay the fees?
Can submit waiver request via the DBS Chatbot, it’s very easy. Usually will be waived. (y)

Disaresta

Reaction score
need advice

but obviously I'm wrong

Membership fees are charged in advanced for the following year, so for 1st year waiver they did not charge it to you when u signed up the card.

From my experience with DBS/POSB credit card, they give waiver quite easily through the automated request inside iBanking. If you want to cancel, settle your outstanding statement excluding the membership fees before doing so.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.