DBS Live Fresh Card

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody set up GIRO payment for their cc bill? Any idea how many days after statement date will they deduct from your DBS account?

acewind

Reaction score
just confirmed from my statement. STBILL via app gets 5% cashback for online spend . GIGA only get 0.3% for other spend. :confused:

Hwsemb

Reaction score
just confirmed from my statement. STBILL via app gets 5% cashback for online spend . GIGA only get 0.3% for other spend. :confused:

Is SingTel bill categorized by DBS app as "Bills, Utilities & Taxes" ? Wanting to try using Live Fresh card to pay StarHub broadband (instead of Spree card).

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is SingTel bill categorized by DBS app as "Bills, Utilities & Taxes" ? Wanting to try using Live Fresh card to pay StarHub broadband (instead of Spree card).
no, cos got 5% for online payment via Singtel app/website

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, you are right. Giga! is recurring bill payment. How to change it to be treated as online ? Does giga! Even allow that?
no way to change using this card which is visa. If using another card that is mastercard, can link it to Amaze and use Amaze for the recurring bill payment, Amaze will convert to online.

Anyway maybank family and friends give 8% for Giga under telco category

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh that's good. Maybe it's just what they categorized in the card txns in the app.
Btw the category is based on the MCC and payment type indicates whether it is online or contactless etc. Need to be eligible mcc and online/contactless to be eligible for the 5%.

angel_i16

Reaction score
hi all, if i top up the starhub prepaid card using starhub app, is this considered online transaction?

Thanks.

JuNz-V

Reaction score
As more VTLs are opened now and more ppl going for PCR tests in clinics/GP, I hope this question can be made handy (I am travelling soon).

Appreciate kind advice on whether following merchants qualify as eligible spend / entitles for 5% paywave transactions:
- Clinics / GPs (*Pre-Departure PCR test)
- Raffles Medical Group (**PCR test conducted upon arrival at Changi Airport)

Cost as of December 2021:
*Pre-Departure PCR test in clinics = SGD125-160 (24-48hours)
** PCR Test Upon Arrival = SGD125 (12 hours)

https://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-guide/Covid-19/FAQ.html#anchorinboundtravel

ironsockets

Reaction score

Newbie here, how do you check from your statement the particular transaction gets 5% or 0.3% cashback? I check the e-statement, it only states the transactions for the month, and the consolidated cashback earned from each category, online/visa paywave etc.

Also, inside the app, I went to check my Giga transaction, it's stated as "online/in-app payment", isn't that under 5% cashback?

One more qns, does anyone know topping up Shopee pay count towards any cashback?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, how do you check from your statement the particular transaction gets 5% or 0.3% cashback? I check the e-statement, it only states the transactions for the month, and the consolidated cashback earned from each category, online/visa paywave etc.

Also, inside the app, I went to check my Giga transaction, it's stated as "online/in-app payment", isn't that under 5% cashback?

One more qns, does anyone know topping up Shopee pay count towards any cashback?
For giga what was the merchant category? Shopee pay topup counts to min spend but no rebate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.