Dental clinic in jb

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually the way you reply is the typical way how people make comments before reading properly. Try read again. At which part did I EVER said I asked them to do it right there and then?? The whole conversation was just between them. The first doc that attended to me, said that she will need to check if any dentist is available to do RC and if yes, it would be at 2PM. Then when she explained the X-ray outcome and confirmed that I need to do RC, there was that other doc that was already standing behind me. The first doc asked the second doc, "you want to do it now, or later?" He answered, "I do it now lah". So i just follow tbe doc.

So, morale of the story, don't be a typical ranter, like you are such a righteous person with sky high morale and just started lecturing people. Ok?

Pardon me, but I wasn't directing it at you, at all.

I'm just saying that such incidents could be avoided if it's been left to doing it after they've had their break/lunch. I take it as a lesson to myself as well, whether it's going to a dentist, doctor, etc. Perhaps just tell them that I'd rather do it later.

Your reply looks to me like you're expecting someone to "attack" you or something? Please cool down. I know there's been quite a number of unpleasant replies around lately, but let's try to think positive, shall we?

Peace. :)

Mayari

Reaction score
good to know. Now the jam has started after Malaysia side starts to do all sorts of stunt including the space and food. My parents started at 7am, reached their breakfast spot at 11am. 8am means, either stay hotel or start at 5am. :s22: Those jokers open 2 customs booth on Saturday. Taking the bus across is not any better. u stand in line to chop passport for 3 over hours.

the same question I asked before, may I know is this Molar, pre-molar (small tooth) or some other?
edit: silly me, x-ray was done, and they probably saw a challenging canal process which explains the higher than usual 800.

This is important. no joke to start the journey at 5 am multiple times... coz upcoming CNY road trips will also be madness all the way till Feb. actually how come 4 sessions, I thought session 1: RC, Session 2: Mould for the crown, Session 3: glue the crown

machiam Singapore polyclinic shift to Malaysia. Bangala attitude.

Mine is molar.

My first visit was Tuesday 18th, we took a direct coach from expo, went direct to JB. Cost $7. Both SG and Malaysia custom were with short queue, about 10 ppl in SG queue and 6 ppl in Malaysia queue. So good. Coming back also not so bad. We left JB at about 3.30pm.The slow part was the bus to the custom. The custom queues were not long.

Last edited:

Mayari

Reaction score
Pardon me, but I wasn't directing it at you, at all.

I'm just saying that such incidents could be avoided if it's been left to doing it after they've had their break/lunch. I take it as a lesson to myself as well, whether it's going to a dentist, doctor, etc. Perhaps just tell them that I'd rather do it later.

Your reply looks to me like you're expecting someone to "attack" you or something? Please cool down. I know there's been quite a number of unpleasant replies around lately, but let's try to think positive, shall we?

Peace. :)

These are your words:

"If yourself is at work, it's lunch time and you're going out with a whole bunch of colleagues, then something/someone comes with a task for you to handle that the others cannot sit around and wait, what will you do?

I'm not saying that anyone is right/wrong. You can go off for your own lunch and return again after the lunch hour/s stated."

My suggestion is to revisit your words before sending out. If the doc said to do now, who will say, no I want to do it later? Especially someone with tooth problem, would you think about going to eat first and do later? Be rational first before advising people to be positive after reading your comment

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These are your words:

"If yourself is at work, it's lunch time and you're going out with a whole bunch of colleagues, then something/someone comes with a task for you to handle that the others cannot sit around and wait, what will you do?

I'm not saying that anyone is right/wrong. You can go off for your own lunch and return again after the lunch hour/s stated."

My suggestion is to revisit your words before sending out.

I'd have quoted your post/s if it's directed at you; it's for everyone in general, including myself. :)

Anyway, this will not lead to anywhere productive for anyone, so I shall not comment further. Cheers!

Mayari

Reaction score
quite unfair that they didnt do a good job for ur filling on ur last trip, now u have to spend time and money for next trip there...

The SLIGHT hassle is in the transportation, I agree. As for money, only more transport fee, not too much. The cost for treatment doesn't get affected.

RinTsuki

Reaction score
Hello. Anyone did tooth extraction at the clinic before? How was it & whats the price? Also, no need to book appointment for first visit right? Any recommended time/day to visit for those without appointment?

Thanks.

Ps. Do they also do denture?

Just an update.

For tooth extraction, RM100
& Xray for RM40.

Took a cab there for RM12 & reached the clinic around 1030am & was done within 45min (Tooth extraction for mom while scale & Xray for me.)

Last edited:

tuzantar

Reaction score
Root canal and crown Q&M quoted at least SGD 1.5k. Canal alone at least $700, depends on how curvey your tooth is. But then, QM is considered the upper end of dental in SG. Unfortunately being used to quality, convenient and last minute service, I have not experienced more budget dental care.

Now, due to budget, I must consider JB too. may I know, the tooth that received/is receiving the treatment for RM 1.2-2k is a molar?

Yes mine is molar. 5 appointments i paid RM2k total. Was attended by Dr Tan Hawkin for all except for the 2nd appointment which is done by a lady doctor. No more pain now :D

tuzantar

Reaction score
Hi. I went to Toof Doctor at Serangoon central this morning. Was told I need root canal, followed by filling and then crowning. Total cost will be around $2400 for one tooth. I have 2 teeth to fix. So I am definitely will try this JB clinic. Thank you so much for sharing. It works for many of you, hope it work for me.

Anyone know how many days usually is the gap between the first visit and the second? Assuming that they start the treatment on first visit.
Thanks.

I made a total of 5 visits. 1st 4 visits gap of 1 week. Last visit 2 weeks later after the 4th visit. All my appointments are done every thurs 9am.

Hi all, ended up going today, reached a bit late at ard 12pm. It says lunch time but it's open and have quite a number of ppl waiting. They didn't turn me down.

A young lady doc took my x-ray and told me that confirmed I need RC followed by crowning. Total will be RM2000 (RC RM1200 + Crowning RM800) for all. I said ok. She said need to check if any doc is available. If yes, maybe can start at 2pm (lunch 12.30pm - 2pm). Then she asked a young male doc who said ok to start then itself.

About 12.45pm when he started. He did cleaning and give me the temporary filling BUT the filling was to high. I didn't immediately notice. He only asked me to test bite once (The sg doc that did filling for me on Monday asked me to try biting down 3 times). Once that one test bite is done, the process is done. I then notice that the lights for that level 2 and level 1 were already switched off. No one except the recept and 2 staff (maybe docs) who were waiting for this doc to join them. As soon as he came down, they went for lunch. The receipt didn't go.

Problem is, the filling is too high. Now, it's uncomfortable to eat coz when I use the other side to chew food, this RC side would bite down and touch the lower tooth while I chew. So I can't chew properly. ☹ My next appt is next Monday. So got to bear with it till then. He said I must come for total 5 times. Even the recept was surprised why I had 5 instead of 4 sessions. I think coz session 1 he split into 2 sessions. 😔 How I wished he had offered to do after lunch or make appt. Haiz.

His name is Tan Hawkin. The clinic looks quite nice, it has a few waiting area for different sections of the clinic. Grab from city square cost RM6. They will advice on price first, if you are ok they will do. They only accept cash. Payment will be by instalment of total number of visits to complete the work. So for my case I paid RM400 as 1/3 of the RM1200 I need to pay for root canal. They are open 9AM - 5PM on Christmas eve.

My doc is Tan Hawkin too except for the 2nd appointment which I got a lady doc. Doc Hawkin was on leave that time. I also same like you. After the 1st appointment the filling was a bit high. Only 1st few times when i was chewing food i was like mis-chew it and got a funny feeling. The rest of the appointment the filling was removed,root canal cleaned and new filling fixed and got a same level with the other teeth. Overall I'm satisfied with the clinic. Got a few quite sweet looking dental assistant. There's one that is really cute. Next time I know where to go to get my teeth checked :s13:

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Safe to carry so much cash? Wont the gangsters wait to pound since they know all that are coming must carry cash?

hwsstx

Reaction score
Safe to carry so much cash? Wont the gangsters wait to pound since they know all that are coming must carry cash?

Fortunately not in Indonesia or India, where you need to carry million/billions. :)

Anyway I always carry about RM1K+ since MY shopping prices/values of items are larger amount...and I hide them in the soles of my shoes.:D

Zitrone

Reaction score
Does the clinic at C.H. Tee do oral surgery?Need treatment for broken tooth. A tooth bit got stuck in the gum.....need to cut gum and extract.

If C.H. Tee clinic can't do it, any one with recommendation for a clinic in JB? TIA

hwsstx

Reaction score
Does the clinic at C.H. Tee do oral surgery?Need treatment for broken tooth. A tooth bit got stuck in the gum.....need to cut gum and extract.

If C.H. Tee clinic can't do it, any one with recommendation for a clinic in JB? TIA

Why don't you WhatsApp the Clinic?

piggydino.wh

Reaction score
Dental Clinic in JB

Newly open! SmiLings Dental Clinic is located in JB, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru. 8 mins from JB Custom, 4 mins from KSL. Doctor with 10 years experience in Dental Industry! Affordable prices, friendly doctor, not too far from custom, so it is convenient for me. Just happened to have her as my dentist by chance and i have only went to her for my dental needs ever since. Introduced my friends to SmiLings Dental and they are also happy with their visits. Highly recommended!!

SmiLings Dental JB
Add: 54, Jalan Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru
Tel / Whatsapp: +6010-7162880

Last edited:

hwsstx

Reaction score
Newly open! SmiLings Dental Clinic is located in JB, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru. 8 mins from JB Custom, 4 mins from KSL. Doctor with 10 years experience in Dental Industry! Affordable prices, friendly doctor, not too far from custom, so it is convenient for me. Just happened to have her as my dentist by chance and i have only went to her for my dental needs ever since. Introduced my friends to SmiLings Dental and they are also happy with their visits. Highly recommended!!

SmiLings Dental JB

Share yours & friends' experiences e.g. teatments & corresponding cost will be helpful; & how many dentists are providing dental services at this place?

Thanks.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was going through the thread and decided to gather the recommendations here, for easier reference. These are quotes from earlier posts here. :)

Dental Clinic CH TEE
37-37A, Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru.
Johor Bahru, Johor 80150

+60 7-333 3372

(Habrosus) Edit to add Whatsapp No. from hwsstx: Dr CH Tee, +60 13-739 0037

Dr Yang dental clinic, it is opposite plz pelangi on jln tebrau. On 2nd floor. Simple no frill clinic, Doctor Yang is gentle and kind. Not much complaints nor complements as I only do filling and cleaning and satisfied. One doctor only. rates, i don't remember but i think normal price in JB, cheap in SG version.

34-A, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Taman Century,
mon,tue,wed 9am-6:30pm
thu 9am-1pm
fri,sat 9am-5pm
sun close

This is the pricelist from the dental clinic in Citysquare taken last week when I did polishing there.

106d5zo.jpg

I go here bros - you need a cleaning ah?

Alpha Dental Clinic
(22) · Dentist
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-244 7171

SmiLings Dental JB

Last edited:

Starrry_

Reaction score
Dental Clinic CH TEE seems to pop up quite abit in this thread. I was wondering if their hygienic standards are proper and decent? (definitely not as good as sg, understandable)

Anyone has the whatapp number to make an appointment?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.