Desktop 2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread VI [consolidated]

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Creative PEBBLE X PLUS

What a cute little set of speakers. But $189 is a bit overpriced. 2.75" Stereo drivers and a 3.5" subwoofer. Haha
Sadly, having no tweeter and being overpriced will make this product DOA.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Mr Sim was still around... he might not have approved of its release... :rolleyes:
?

Sim himself pushed for the Sonic Carrier against staff advices.

He should be counting his blessing that Creative even had a working popular product in the Pebble or people really would have forgotten this brand.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
?

Sim himself pushed for the Sonic Carrier against staff advices.

He should be counting his blessing that Creative even had a working popular product in the Pebble or people really would have forgotten this brand.
I dunno anything abt what happened with the Sonic Carrier but pls humour me... would he even push for a product if he knew that it won't do well? When doing business... there will always be hits and misses wan wat... where got smooth sailing all the way wan? And how many brands/companies can actually say that they went head-to-head with Apple before? Whatever it is... he has undoubtedly left behind a legacy that won't be soon forgotten.......

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do they even sell it at that price? I got mine for 130-140 irrc
Oh no i think he was referring to SRP of the Anker... not the offer price... R1280DB can get at 100 bucks when on offer...

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Creative PEBBLE X PLUS

What a cute little set of speakers. But $189 is a bit overpriced. 2.75" Stereo drivers and a 3.5" subwoofer. Haha
Sadly, having no tweeter and being overpriced will make this product DOA.

This I won't recommend, high price is one thing.
The type of USB charger you are using will determine it's output is really bad idea.

yapks

Reaction score
Showing off my new pair of Genelec speakers, recently acquired Topping DAC, and Alienware OLED monitor. A simple and nice setup.

dreamaurora

Reaction score
Showing off my new pair of Genelec speakers, recently acquired Topping DAC, and Alienware OLED monitor. A simple and nice setup.

Nice! Just curious, did you consider a R2R DAC like Musician Pegasus or Gustard R26? I would think for neutral speakers like Genelec a more analog sounding DAC would be a better match.

goodlife101

Reaction score
How come you show the black color only? What happens to the white color one? How much you paid for these speakers?

yapks

Reaction score
How come you show the black color only? What happens to the white color one? How much you paid for these speakers?
The white one has been demoted to the TV setup. You can find all Genelec retail pricing listed on the Luther Music website.

yapks

Reaction score
Nice! Just curious, did you consider a R2R DAC like Musician Pegasus or Gustard R26? I would think for neutral speakers like Genelec a more analog sounding DAC would be a better match.
Is there any one-box R2R that includes a high-quality volume control, pre-out with both RCA and XLR, and a headphone amp similar to my current Topping DX9? I need all these connections, as I currently have two KEF KC62s below my desk connected to the RCA pre-output. Additionally, I have a pair of Hifiman planar magnetic headphones that are tough to drive. To further improve my setup, I'm ordering the coaxial version of Genelec, which I think is even better for near-field listening.

dreamaurora

Reaction score
Is there any one-box R2R that includes a high-quality volume control, pre-out with both RCA and XLR, and a headphone amp similar to my current Topping DX9? I need all these connections, as I currently have two KEF KC62s below my desk connected to the RCA pre-output. Additionally, I have a pair of Hifiman planar magnetic headphones that are tough to drive. To further improve my setup, I'm ordering the coaxial version of Genelec, which I think is even better for near-field listening.
Ah I see, you need the pre out for the subs because the genelecs do not have sub out. I can’t think of any other DACs that have both line out and pre out and headphone out at the same time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.