Desktop 2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread VI [consolidated]

Evilchaosz

Reaction score
Old version or new version? Old version is known for dead capacitors so it can be a cheap fix if you have the lobang. But there are other failmodes so even if it is fixed now it will last maybe another 3 years.

LSX is nice.
It's the old version, like bought in 2011(!)

Do you have any lobangs to recommend, or even do fixes yourself? Saw your thread on fixing the m50w here.

I'm concerned about value. I'm not sure if there's anything that provides better value than LSX at that price point or even lower. Any 2.0/2.1 to recommend that doesnt take up a lot of desk space? Got a dual monitor setup here so huge bookshelves won't fit on my table.

harocarlos

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Shifus, I've been using logitech z623 for many years and also experienced the hissing sound even when its just left powered on.

Any better recommendations for upgrade within a budget of $500? I use the speakers mainly for my iMac. Its mainly for movies and music.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^

i've not used them before but edifier has a decent following, seem to fit your bill.

harocarlos

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've went ahead with Edifier S350DB to replace my old Logitech Z623. They are amazing! Sounds are more crisp and clear. Makes me want to listen to great music all the time.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EQ the 10kHz away and add a bit of boundary gain (to simulate bigger speakers) and it sounds even better. (Avoid boosting the 1kHz region.)

pananoia

Reaction score
Hi I planning to get either R1850dbs or R2000db.
May I know the best way to connect to my com?
Optical or rca to 3.5mm?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In theory, optical
In practice, no difference

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.