Desktop 2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread VI [consolidated]

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Edifier R1280DB doesnt remember volume setting?
power off when power on it goes back to the default volume again
:(

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
meanwhile, for those who intended to get Edifier speaker in the next few days, please hold back.;);)
You might be getting urself a free PS5.

JustBored

Reaction score
anyone know if theres a difference connecting speakers 3.5mm thru monitor instead of desktop? desktop connected to monitor through hdmi

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
Edifier R1280DB doesnt remember volume setting?
power off when power on it goes back to the default volume again

Yes and no.

Volume level 0-20, default:20
Meaning if you off the speaker @ 15, when switching on, the volume will be at 20.

21-40, if off @ 25 (or 30,35 39), on will be @ 25 (or 30,35,39). If off @ 45, on will be @ 40.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know if theres a difference connecting speakers 3.5mm thru monitor instead of desktop? desktop connected to monitor through hdmi

Monitor is usually and undoubtedly worse

Think I measured an old monitor to be only 80dB SNR

I don't really care tho, my TV is also connected to HDMI and then 3.5mm

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes and no.

Volume level 0-20, default:20
Meaning if you off the speaker @ 15, when switching on, the volume will be at 20.

21-40, if off @ 25 (or 30,35 39), on will be @ 25 (or 30,35,39). If off @ 45, on will be @ 40.

thanks for sharing
no wonder it is always blasting loud whenever i turn it back on

i usually max out the volume in windows, and use volume control in my speakers to control volume...heard that this gives the best sound quality

but now with my new edifiers everytime switch on have to remember to turn down the volume, heng got remote, the knobs at the side are a pain to access because of how i place it

endriago

Reaction score
meanwhile, for those who intended to get Edifier speaker in the next few days, please hold back.;);)
You might be getting urself a free PS5.

I was going to get a R2000DB tomorrow but i assume this has something to do with 11.11.......what will i ever do with 2 PS5s? :p

also just wondering cause i'm constantly doubting which one i should get(i've tired and heard the R2000DB) what are the alternatives?My Budget is around 300-400 +- a few. Mostly games, movies and music. my current setup is a old creative soundbar, beyerdynamic dt990 pro and creative x3 plugged in to my PC. My sound bar is dying so I am considering changing. Also bonus points if I can put the speaker on their sides(i understand that's not advisable with all speakers)

Anyone recommend/used any of these?
Edifier s350db
HiVi Swanspeakers M200MKII (WiFi) Bluetooth Wireless Bookshelf Speakers
HiVi Swanspeakers D1080 MK2+ Multimedia Speakers
HiVi Swanspeakers M200A Bluetooth 2.0 Active Desktop Speakers

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
I was going to get a R2000DB tomorrow but i assume this has something to do with 11.11.......what will i ever do with 2 PS5s? :p

also just wondering cause i'm constantly doubting which one i should get(i've tired and heard the R2000DB) what are the alternatives?My Budget is around 300-400 +- a few. Mostly games, movies and music. my current setup is a old creative soundbar, beyerdynamic dt990 pro and creative x3 plugged in to my PC. My sound bar is dying so I am considering changing. Also bonus points if I can put the speaker on their sides(i understand that's not advisable with all speakers)

Anyone recommend/used any of these?
Edifier s350db
HiVi Swanspeakers M200MKII (WiFi) Bluetooth Wireless Bookshelf Speakers
HiVi Swanspeakers D1080 MK2+ Multimedia Speakers
HiVi Swanspeakers M200A Bluetooth 2.0 Active Desktop Speakers

I can only tell you, wait for 1111 or at least 1st Nov. =:p

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I saw the edifier ps5 lucky draw promo on Lazada liao. That's if u wanna buy from Edifier official lazada store but sometimes resellers sell cheaper. So depends if u want the chance to win ps5 or just want more savings heheh.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw the edifier ps5 lucky draw promo on Lazada liao. That's if u wanna buy from Edifier official lazada store but sometimes resellers sell cheaper. So depends if u want the chance to win ps5 or just want more savings heheh.

Do it like economists lor...

Average value = Chance of winning PS5 * Price of PS5

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
When is the collection date of PS5?

Sent from X3 using GAGT

2nd week of Jan, conduct all the checking and drawing.
So should be 3rd week of Jan.

No la.. open to all authorized resellers.

Last edited:

endriago

Reaction score
Guys does anyone have any solutions for a speaker stand that can be clamped onto the sides of a standing desk? I have a small desk so I figured if such a thing was possible, I can get some extra desk space.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

Guys does anyone have any solutions for a speaker stand that can be clamped onto the sides of a standing desk? I have a small desk so I figured if such a thing was possible, I can get some extra desk space.

You can use a F- or G-clamp and clamp the speaker stand to your desk, if possible. Some desk has a vertical piece all round which is very close to the bottom edge of the desk so this method may not work. Can get such clamps from your neighborhood hardware shop

Alternatively, you can drill a hole through the desk and the speaker stand and bolt them together

Last edited:

endriago

Reaction score
You can use a F- or G-clamp and clamp the speaker stand to your desk, if possible. Some desk has a vertical piece all round which is very close to the bottom edge of the desk so this method may not work. Can get such clamps from your neighborhood hardware shop

Alternatively, you can drill a hole through the desk and the speaker stand and bolt them together

Would prefer not to drill holes into a new desk. I do like the idea of the G/F clamp. I was thinking of getting two monitor stands/ mounts and repurposing them into speaker stands by either attaching a tray or something.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Would prefer not to drill holes into a new desk. I do like the idea of the G/F clamp. I was thinking of getting two monitor stands/ mounts and repurposing them into speaker stands by either attaching a tray or something.

Yup, a workable idea also

T3rmite

Reaction score
I am using Ruack Audio MR1 Mk2 on IsoACOUSTICS stand raised to my ear level.
Source is PC to DAC (SMSL M200/ Douk Audio P1) to the MR1.
Pretty good clarity, imaging and vocals.

Am looking to replace the active speakers with Passive Speaker and Amp.
(For more "playability" with tube/SS in the future)

Anyone has any recommendations for good passive speakers for Desktop (Nearfield).

Budget approximately $1K++

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RE

I am using Ruack Audio MR1 Mk2 on IsoACOUSTICS stand raised to my ear level.
Source is PC to DAC (SMSL M200/ Douk Audio P1) to the MR1.
Pretty good clarity, imaging and vocals.

Am looking to replace the active speakers with Passive Speaker and Amp.
(For more "playability" with tube/SS in the future)

Anyone has any recommendations for good passive speakers for Desktop (Nearfield).

Budget approximately $1K++

You can get IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Set, Black for $399. These are passive speakers

https://www.sweelee.com.sg/products/ik-multimedia-iloud-micro-monitor-set-black

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.