Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

freshvibes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much is the aeron? Audiosg selling around 1508 after stacking with vouchers during promo. Using credit card got 5 percent rebate...making it about...$1432

U sure ergosupplies can be cheaper? They selling aeron 1599 right?

Screenshot-20210624-004259-Shopee-SG.jpg
$1432 is a really good price

DriftKing

Reaction score
Not sure how much the one you found was, but this one is US$127 shipped, which seems reasonable to me.

That's like adding $2 for shipping if you compare to the HM price ($125 without shipping)- https://store.hermanmiller.com/collection-replacement-parts/aeron-posturefit-support/8981127.html

One option to save a bit on the shipping, is to find a seller with free US delivery https://www.vitality-webb.com/HermanMiller/Aeron-Chair-PostureFit-Support.htm

Then use ezbuy's ezship service to forward. https://ezbuy.sg/active/5eb51d6deb220c22d95bb01c/ezship-user-guide.html
Did you manage to source any seat pan? Not sure how much locally selling them for. Warranty with xtra ending soon...

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, uni student here. Thinking of getting Used Herman Miller Aeron fully loaded for $650. Buyer claim “made in 2006-2007. used by local foreign bank n well maintained. still in very good conditions in terms of mechanics n outlook”

1.Is it worth it + do you think it can last long?
2. Anything to look out for when dealing?
Aeron should last. Check all the functions. Especially the tilt and piston for height change.

Then check if got smell or how dirty/bugs. Wear shorts and singlet/t shirt. Sit for 10+ mins or as long as possible. Then say u go nearby makan to think. If no itch and everything else works fine, come back and buy. Else avoid. 2nd market not many honest seller.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Yea piston is a must to check. Those very old chairs 2005 and below...most of the hydraulic is very weak already.

Actually u can self change hydraulic piston for cheap. Amazon sells them for the aerons and there are so many tutorials on YouTube on how to change them. It's easy just need proper hardware tools like a wrench etc.

I think most important check the tilt function as that will be complicated to self repair esp it's in the gear box.

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea piston is a must to check. Those very old chairs 2005 and below...most of the hydraulic is very weak already.

Actually u can self change hydraulic piston for cheap. Amazon sells them for the aerons and there are so many tutorials on YouTube on how to change them. It's easy just need proper hardware tools like a wrench etc.

I think most important check the tilt function as that will be complicated to self repair esp it's in the gear box.
cheap but make sure its safe hor. dw later suddenly explode and u mati how

KayElf

Reaction score
What time Ergo Supplies open? Which place can test most of the ergonomics chair?

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Workplace using Aerons, very nice rocking chair. Something which can't be done with my Leaps at home.

Personally considering next chair to have headrest, anyone got comments about the headrests on the Aeron and Humanscale Freedom?

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Workplace using Aerons, very nice rocking chair. Something which can't be done with my Leaps at home.

Personally considering next chair to have headrest, anyone got comments about the headrests on the Aeron and Humanscale Freedom?
i am still thinking should i get the Atlas headrest or not. $250ish

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to why secretlab chairs are successful? Some of you may have bought them. Comfy?

Hydrogenes

Reaction score
Hi guys, any chairs you guys recommend for around 400? Apart from ikea ones. Thanks!!

skpuppy

Reaction score
Any good ergonomics chair at price of $200? Buy from my desk.sg ok?

shearerleong

Reaction score
Where's the best place to get Aeron now besides Xtra? So far from the thread, I see Unwanted Import, Ergosupplies, AudioSG (shopee)

Though all 3 claims to have 12 year warranty, seems that Ergosupplies and AudioSG are pretty new to the market (and also not sure how long they can last).

Any thoughts? TIA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.