Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

hyperfuse

Reaction score
thanks for sic. went to take a look. not bad but concerned about the lack of mesh. looks like is foam material?
u mentioned u want comfort mah. if comfort alone, steelcase leap v2 is a good choice. But overall, to sit long hours and singapore weather, mesh still better. Thats why i chose the HM Aeron remastered.

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mentioned u want comfort mah. if comfort alone, steelcase leap v2 is a good choice. But overall, to sit long hours and singapore weather, mesh still better. Thats why i chose the HM Aeron remastered.
haha icic. ty for sic :)

Rapt0r

Reaction score
oic. thx for sharing. :) im still looking ard and actually for me, im looking for chair that is most importantly comfy, rather than back support. haha. im currently using the ikea markus chair which i have used for over 5 years and i rly like it
If you work/game in a non aircon room, a full mesh chair will serve you better unless your butt don't sweat at all I got nothing to say

Rapt0r

Reaction score
I have tried both Sihoo M57 and Herman Miller Aeron.

All the chair si ful here, please don't flame me.

I feel that both are comparable. But based on quality, if you are willing to spend more $$, can get the Herman Miller Aeron. I am only prepared to spend up to $200 (I got the Sihoo M57 at about $180) now.

Maybe my next chair will be a used Herman Miller Aeron Size B fully loaded at about $700.
Aeron's mesh is way better than M57. I sat on it first time without knowing what chair it was back then and I felt like wow this mesh is like out of this world, sit liao very shiok. If budget is a concern get M57, if not Aeron is the way to go

MulaboXL

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an Aeron and was wondering if unwantedimports (USA made) have good support as I've read in this forum that they do not reply to emails. How would one contact them for repairs if this is the case?
Has anyone sent their chairs in for repair yet?

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
steelcase leap is very comfortable, but the non mesh material is best suited for air con office environment. if steelcase leap had a mesh version it would be killer

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an Aeron and was wondering if unwantedimports (USA made) have good support as I've read in this forum that they do not reply to emails. How would one contact them for repairs if this is the case?
Has anyone sent their chairs in for repair yet?
if you want to buy from unwantedimports, I rather you buy from audiosg in Shopee.

Also USA made and cheaper. Their goods from USA direct. Same thing, if they no close shop you are safe. If they close, your warranty is non-existent or reach out to the dealer directly in the US (you can do that based on my correspondence with Herman Miller). If local warranty very important, I will recommend you to go get from Marina Square XTRA instead.

save some, lose some.

Last edited:

MulaboXL

Reaction score
if you want to buy from unwantedimports, I rather you buy from audiosg in Shopee.

Also USA made and cheaper. Their goods from USA direct. Same thing, if they no close shop you are safe. If they close, your warranty is non-existent or reach out to the dealer directly in the US (you can do that based on my correspondence with Herman Miller). If local warranty very important, I will recommend you to go get from Marina Square XTRA instead.

save some, lose some.

Hey thanks for your reply... can you elaborate on (...based on my correspondence with Herman Miller)?

If audiosg then have to wait for 8/8 - not far away :)

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for your reply... can you elaborate on (...based on my correspondence with Herman Miller)?

If audiosg then have to wait for 8/8 - not far away :)
I shared it in here before.

From Herman direct.

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Subject: Re: Thank you for contacting Herman Miller [ ]

Hi there,

If you are the original purchaser, the chair does come with a 12-year manufacturing defect warranty (our warranty does not transfer ownership).

Should you need service in or out of warranty, your next step is to reach out to the Authorized Herman Miller Dealer/Service Center in your area. They are equipped to verify and honor warranty and set up service.

To find a location near you, please enter your zip code in at https://www.hermanmiller.com/where-to-buy/contact-a-dealer/

--------------- End Message ---------------

You provide your serial and HM will tell you where (audiosg) got it from.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
steelcase leap is very comfortable, but the non mesh material is best suited for air con office environment. if steelcase leap had a mesh version it would be killer
If steelcase has a mesh version of the Leap, it surely will be less comfortable then the existing one.

It's the foam that makes it comfy..but use without AC after awhile will get hot lo.

Definitely anything with foam will be more comfy than mesh, but I factor long term usage. Mesh stays cooler so indirectly u will feel more comfortable in the long run since a chair can be comfy in the first 5 mins but if it heats up, den how comfy also becomes uncomfortable

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok ive decided to get the sihoo M57. will aim to get it at at 8/8 sale. hopefully got good deals :o

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aeron's mesh is way better than M57. I sat on it first time without knowing what chair it was back then and I felt like wow this mesh is like out of this world, sit liao very shiok. If budget is a concern get M57, if not Aeron is the way to go

Of course lah, how to compare Toyota Camry with Rolls Royce right?

If got budget, then get Herman Miller Aeron new, if less budget, consider used. Since their chair last like forever. If peasants like me, then Sihoo M57 lor.

Maybe later on, can move up.

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course lah, how to compare Toyota Camry with Rolls Royce right?

If got budget, then get Herman Miller Aeron new, if less budget, consider used. Since their chair last like forever. If peasants like me, then Sihoo M57 lor.

Maybe later on, can move up.
ya lor, me too. i will be getting a sihoo m57 too. i did consider 2nd hand herman miller but decided against it :o

hyperfuse

Reaction score
ya lor, me too. i will be getting a sihoo m57 too. i did consider 2nd hand herman miller but decided against it :o
The 2nd hand aerons are now abit overpriced due to WFH demands.

Alot resellers sell kinda high already esp for a fully loaded with adjustable arms..about $900ish.. might as well get a remastered with 12 year warranty.

The mesh on the remastered is better than the classic.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 2nd hand aerons are now abit overpriced due to WFH demands.

Alot resellers sell kinda high already esp for a fully loaded with adjustable arms..about $900ish.. might as well get a remastered with 12 year warranty.

The mesh on the remastered is better than the classic.

My friend got a used HM Remastered Aeron fully loaded size B for $700.

Have you ordered yet?

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend got a used HM Remastered Aeron fully loaded size B for $700.

Have you ordered yet?
not yet coz my current chair still in good condition. so no hurry lo. waiting to see if got good price during 8/8

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Whats-App-Image-2021-07-22-at-15-59-30.jpg

i have 2 remastered Aerons. One Made in China, another one Made in USA.

I do notice the casters on the USA one (audiosg) seems smoother than the one made in China. QC also better in the packaging of the chair.

I have another made in USA remastered Aeron going to be sent to me next week too from audiosg.

He really nice guy and goes the extra mile for me. He personally come and send me the Atlas headrest too.

Not sure why the other guy kept criticizing him. All in all, good service rendered.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.