Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

barewolf

Reaction score
I found a thing that is this brand from Ergohuman?
Or they are advertise Ergohuman as No.1 instead of their chair?
Anyone recommend for Ergotune or Ergohuman?
ibb.co/MPxRpgF

P/S: I unable to post a url link and image...
Hellos, I think it's just a marketing gimmick. Scrolled through this thread and heard people saying that Ergohuman's better than Ergotune.

Hi guys I am deciding between Ergohuman plus elite chair & Ergomeister’s FAEZ8ERG ergonomic chair.

Any recommendations which one is better Overall?
Not sure about the other, but I'm looking at getting Ergohuman plus myself. Logged in to this ancient account to post because I was doing research and apparently there's a sale tonight on Taobao for Ergohuman. It's on their premium site called Tmall and the Chinese name is 保友. Plus Elite should be 金豪B.
Personally I'm contemplating between 金卓B and 优B. Will decide by tonight and get one in.

So just sharing in case you're thinking of getting one because I googled Ergohuman Singapore and the price is like almost double compared to online. D:

If you can wait you can hold out for bigger occasions. I searched and the sales this time round is 40 RMB more expensive than the lowest price they can get. But my chair recently broke so I'm just going to get it without waiting le since shipping should be around 1 month.

Edit: I did my research on the Chinese forums and QnAs and 金卓B is basically quite a decent entry-model. However, for plus-sized people, you might find it cramped after sitting for prolonged periods of time.
优B is a newer and improved version of 金豪B, which is their long-time hit and has been a great selling model for a long time.
If you really can afford it, 金豪E is basically the most worth-for-money. It's a much sturdier version of 金豪B with additional mods available.
Of course, if you want the best, they'll naturally recommend the 旗舰 version.

In short, 优B is great for people who are slimmer - normal weight. Comfort-wise apparently it's even better than 金豪B.
However, because it's slightly smaller, larger-sized people will probably find that 金豪B will suit them more.
TLDR:
Slim - normal-sized people: 金卓B for a budget model, 优B for a decent model.
Larger-sized people: 金豪B for a decent model. 金豪E or Flagship(旗舰) for a luxury model. Sorry no budget model.

Hope this helps everyone, good luck and cheers!

Last edited:

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hellos, I think it's just a marketing gimmick. Scrolled through this thread and heard people saying that Ergohuman's better than Ergotune.

Not sure about the other, but I'm looking at getting Ergohuman plus myself. Logged in to this ancient account to post because I was doing research and apparently there's a sale tonight on Taobao for Ergohuman. It's on their premium site called Tmall and the Chinese name is 保友. Plus Elite should be 金豪B.
Personally I'm contemplating between 金卓B and 优B. Will decide by tonight and get one in.

So just sharing in case you're thinking of getting one because I googled Ergohuman Singapore and the price is like almost double compared to online. D:

If you can wait you can hold out for bigger occasions. I searched and the sales this time round is 40 RMB more expensive than the lowest price they can get. But my chair recently broke so I'm just going to get it without waiting le since shipping should be around 1 month.

Edit: I did my research on the Chinese forums and QnAs and 金卓B is basically quite a decent entry-model. However, for plus-sized people, you might find it cramped after sitting for prolonged periods of time.
优B is a newer and improved version of 金豪B, which is their long-time hit and has been a great selling model for a long time.
If you really can afford it, 金豪E is basically the most worth-for-money. It's a much sturdier version of 金豪B with additional mods available.

In short, 优B is great for people who are slimmer - normal weight. Comfort-wise apparently it's even better than 金豪B.
However, because it's slightly smaller, larger-sized people will probably find that 金豪B will suit them more.
TLDR:
Larger-sized people: 金豪B for a decent model. 金豪E or Flagship(旗舰) for a luxury model. Sorry no budget model.

After factoring in shipping costs is it still about half price?

There are people here who had bought "ergohuman"/ergonor via Chinese websites before and had advised against going that route after one of them had a minor problem and found it very hard to communicate and get returns/refunds. And the savings was about a couple hundred dollars vs buying local.

Just incase. Might wanna reconsider before taking the gamble.

asianfish

Reaction score

TLDR:

Thanks for sharing. Is the ergohuman on tabao authentic?

if the chair got issue then how ah?

if buy locally got warranty but not sure if this Is important for chairs

barewolf

Reaction score
After factoring in shipping costs is it still about half price?

There are people here who had bought "ergohuman"/ergonor via Chinese websites before and had advised against going that route after one of them had a minor problem and found it very hard to communicate and get returns/refunds. And the savings was about a couple hundred dollars vs buying local.

Just incase. Might wanna reconsider before taking the gamble.
Ah I see! Forgot to take into account shipping. Will update with the figures after adding it to cart tonight! But so far the difference is more than twice when I'm comparing a similar model. 1788RMB on discount vs 780SGD.
For a cheaper model, the difference is much more reasonable at 1488RMB vs 360SGD.

If the shipping works out to be too much I might just get the cheaper model. Although on the Singapore end they're also just receiving pre-orders for delivery in Sept so it seems like they're also getting from the same source. Just ownself tah the warranty at the added cost.

Thanks for sharing. Is the ergohuman on tabao authentic?

if the chair got issue then how ah?

if buy locally got warranty but not sure if this Is important for chairs
I think it's authentic on their end. Tmall is the premium version where they list more prominent brands. But of course, you'll have to expect the products to still be based on CN standards rather than our expectations towards western products.

Actually, I don't have the experience to answer the second question haha. For me I don't suffer from any major back issues or whatnot so if there's a slight flaw or issue with the chair, it might not affect me that badly. I was just looking at a chair between 2-300 SGD range and this came into my radar. It's slightly above my budget but I think it should be able to last me for quite a while so I'm fine with it!

If there's really any major issue, which I hope not, I'll see if I can get a friend in SH for help with refund and whatnot! While more troublesome, that's a risk I guess! So far their reviews and everything seems decent so well, hoping for the best!

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Should just get local one with warranty..

Imagine the risk of anything faulty and u probably can't do much about it. Esp dings and scratches.

barewolf

Reaction score
Ah I see! Forgot to take into account shipping. Will update with the figures after adding it to cart tonight!
Okay, total sum came up to be $381(After conversion) + $40 shipping. Apparently can't ship directly from CN and will have to go through EzBuy. Not sure what the process is because my gf finished that portion for me!

Should just get local one with warranty..

Imagine the risk of anything faulty and u probably can't do much about it. Esp dings and scratches.
True! Definitely something to consider! For me I'm not really that fussy given that the price difference is close to $400, so I'm pretty satisfied with the potential/possible trade-off! Haha!

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Okay, total sum came up to be $381(After conversion) + $40 shipping. Apparently can't ship directly from CN and will have to go through EzBuy. Not sure what the process is because my gf finished that portion for me!

True! Definitely something to consider! For me I'm not really that fussy given that the price difference is close to $400, so I'm pretty satisfied with the potential/possible trade-off! Haha!
Because even herman miller aerons do come scratched up.

Anyway do buy insurance for the item with your forwarder.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 3 Aerons from audiosg.
20210730-160322.jpg
a very happy seller because got big customer

devilcm3

Reaction score
hi, where to get brochure for haworth? looking for their fern.

also, how to know if they are running sale?

evirob

Reaction score
Wanted to buy the Aeron from Audio Sg during shopee flash sale earlier this month. Went Xtra to try it out before buying. Tried the Aeron, Embody, Cosm and Sayl. Like the Embody the most though my wife preferred the Aeron.

Decided to buy the Embody from Xtra and delivery took like 5 days. Have been using it for a week and so far so good.

My experience so far

- Not as cooling as Aeron
- The seat pan is really nice and forgiving
- Love the back support
- Upgraded to HM H9 translucent wheels and they're much quieter/smoother than the default hard floor casters
- Aeron has a better armrest
- Love the tilt tension, feels like a hammock once i manage to dial in the correct tension.

Last edited:

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Wanted to buy the Aeron from Audio Sg during shopee flash sale earlier this month. Went Xtra to try it out before buying. Tried the Aeron, Embody, Cosm and Sayl. Like the Embody the most though my wife preferred the Aeron.

Decided to buy the Embody from Xtra and delivery took like 5 days. Have been using it for a week and so far so good.

My experience so far

- Not as cooling as Aeron
- The seat pan is really nice and forgiving
- Love the back support
- Upgraded to HM H9 translucent wheels and they're much quieter/smoother than the default hard floor casters
- Aeron has a better armrest
- Love the tilt tension, feels like a hammock once i manage to dial in the correct tension.
I believe embody definitely more comfy than aeron. It's a chair where u can really sit comfy, stretch your back, sit cross leg etc.

I chose the aeron firstly because of mesh. I had couple of non mesh chairs... comfy but due to my work area being partition out by tempered glass, it gets humid, so anything apart from mesh, gets warm quickly. So that's why I resort to choosing Aeron.

I do know there are other brands that have mesh..but I guess I am the kind that prefer stuff that is hyped and with good build quality. I didnt like plasticky build that's why went for Herman miller instead.

evirob

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either Aeron or Embody imo. In fact, am thinking if I should just get another Aeron just to switch about. Problem is I can't bear to blow like an additional $400 for mineral color and chrome options lol.

As for comfort, my friends and wife very much prefer the Aeron. A few did remarked that they feel the pixels jutting into their back on the embody which I've yet to experience so far.

Was glad that Xtra just happen to have the color and fabric I want in stock. Black Sync, White Frame and Silver base.

But wow, you own u 3 Aerons! :)

hyperfuse

Reaction score
To be honest, yea I don't find aeron that comfortable in terms of like plush comfy feeling u get in a sofa obviously, other leather ikea chairs can be more comfy than the aeron though.

I didnt try the embody but from the looks of it and reviews, I can bet my money it sure feels comfy. I actually wanted to buy some other herman miller chair just for variety but then again my wife mention she prefer the same chair to have a uniform design in my work area. If it's another chair, it will break the "industrial" theme we are going for.

So oh well, just get another aeron to put it there.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Screenshot-20210731-222801-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Saw this local chair company call martiangear, selling this orbit caster wheels. Looks cool

evirob

Reaction score
Are all of yours in graphite?

Did you change the casters? Have the hard floor casters and changed up to the translucent ones which made quite a difference in terms of rolling smoothness and noise.

Bought it for $179 from Xtra. Price is steep but if I were to use the chair for more than a decade, should be ok lol.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Yea all graphite as that is the cheapest option but personally I prefer darker tones so carbon and mineral is out for me.

There is the aeron gaming edition, that is all black but no one is selling that, even Xtra don't.

I didnt change the casters cause it fared well on my vinyl flooring so didnt really saw a need to. I initially wanted to try rollerblade casters seeing how smooth people rave about it, but then someone told me that if its too super smooth, your chair gonna move with a slight butt shift when u are in the chair esp when u don't intend to move...so it sounds kinda true..so I scrape the idea of changing casters. The default aeron casters work fine. No scratches on my vinyl.

evirob

Reaction score
Yeah, I checked too. The gaming chairs are not available in Asia yet. The Sayl looks really good.

Ah.. Am on vinyl flooring as well. The hard floor casters were good, just that the translucent ones are much smoother when you make micro adjustments and stays better in position. Kinda hard to describe. It's also slightly bigger.

Anyway, hope Atlas launches the Embody headrest soon. Just realised that it's very useful especially when I WFH most of the time.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Yeah, I checked too. The gaming chairs are not available in Asia yet. The Sayl looks really good.

Ah.. Am on vinyl flooring as well. The hard floor casters were good, just that the translucent ones are much smoother when you make micro adjustments and stays better in position. Kinda hard to describe. It's also slightly bigger.

Anyway, hope Atlas launches the Embody headrest soon. Just realised that it's very useful especially when I WFH most of the time.
I prefer the aesthetics of the aeron without headrest, but because I wfh long hours, I resort to buying just one atlas headrest and attach to one of the chair.

The headrest makes the chair look bulky and sorta make it look like any other mesh chair haha..

Somehow I don't find the atlas mesh comfortable, I would think the fabric headrest to be better but then..I value aesthetics..so the atlas suspension headrest fits the bill since the mesh looks exactly like the aeron's mesh and it does the job supporting my neck when I recline.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCH8sG8.jpg

XpV9Vmq.jpg

after 1 month of cruising from GZ to SG.....
still thinking to remove the hand rest or not

looks big, and is heavy, but actually after zooming out and sitting not that big.... if not its i/m ....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.