Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should go sell away. which atlas head rest u bought? the fabric or the suspension? i am using the suspension for my remastered.

so so. not super comfortable but does its job of holding my neck when I recline. chose that because the mesh is similar.
I bought this , not good at all . I find without headrest i can sit better

810i-VNmTIL._SS400_.jpg

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Can the users advise the HM Cosm and HM Remastered Aeron, which is more comfortable and use for 5-6 hours of computer work at home? What is the advantage and disadvantage? Thanks.
Aeron is better design , u wont regret . The mesh / armrest / recline all win

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cosm not good for people with long legs. Fixed seat depth means limited thigh support.

YHQI95

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Is the ergohuman on tabao authentic?

if the chair got issue then how ah?

if buy locally got warranty but not sure if this Is important for chairs
I am thinking about getting Ergohuman Plus Elite or Ergotune.
My friend bought Ergohuman from taobao but there is some issue with the gas cylinder and check with the local distributor. Then found out the gas cylinder also got brand de...
Taobao one different as what normally Ergohuman using... and local distributor received quite number of same cases which bought from taobao.

We asked local distributor for replacement gas cylinder and they asked for serial number of the chair.
After provided the serial number, they replied us unable to provide any parts as it is not from local market and unable to check for authentication.

Then we just know why in China is more cheaper...
I also search for Korea, US and Japan Ergohuman website. The price is even higher than Singapore.

s3856

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Was think getting the Altas headrest if decided to get Aeron.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCH8sG8.jpg

XpV9Vmq.jpg

after 1 month of cruising from GZ to SG.....
still thinking to remove the hand rest or not

looks big, and is heavy, but actually after zooming out and sitting not that big.... if not its i/m ....

May I know when did you placed the order? At which platform?

I placed order on 7 Jul 2021. Shopee app shows "Your parcel has been inbounded at the Huixiang [Singapore] Warehouse". Don't know when it will be delivered to me.

asianfish

Reaction score
Let me make it easy to understand.

Version 1 - non remastered
Verson 2 - remastered

Cheapest, new, US Set but warranty will be void if shop close down, AudioSG in Shopee
Expensive but local Herman authorized dealer - Xtra at Marina Square.
Sorry but what is version 1 & 2?

hyperfuse

Reaction score
By the way lat sat/Sun, got $100 vouchers

Use credit card to purchase, still got rebate/cashback.

Citibank smrt 5percent = about $73
Uob one I think 5 or 10percent for shopee = 73 or 140+

Technically if offset, the aeron cost...$1370 or $1300

Screenshot-20210802-210735-Shopee-SG.jpg

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way lat sat/Sun, got $100 vouchers

Use credit card to purchase, still got rebate/cashback.

Citibank smrt 5percent = about $73
Uob one I think 5 or 10percent for shopee = 73 or 140+

Technically if offset, the aeron cost...$1370 or $1300

Screenshot-20210802-210735-Shopee-SG.jpg
did similar thing when i bought it last year.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I placed order on 7 Jul 2021. Shopee app shows "Your parcel has been inbounded at the Huixiang [Singapore] Warehouse". Don't know when it will be delivered to me.

i got it about 2 weeks ago maybe thereabouts ?
i think i got it from ninja van , cant recall exactly, but i wasnt home that day.
so they left it at my door

my shopee also shows...

[Singapore]Your parcel has arrived in Singapore

12-07-2021 09:12
[guangzhou]On the voyage

09-07-2021 17:03
[guangzhou]Your parcel has departed China

04-07-2021 11:08
[guangzhou]Waiting for departure

01-07-2021 11:24
[guangzhou]customs clearance done

29-06-2021 11:28
[guangzhou]In customs

28-06-2021 09:27
[Guangzhou]Your parcel has departed from Huixiang Guangzhou Warehouse

27-06-2021 10:28
[Guangzhou]Your parcel has been successfully inbounded at the Huixiang Guangzhou Warehouse

22-06-2021 09:25
Sender updated that your parcel has been shipped

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ergotune website showing so 8.8 sale though......

Warren28

Reaction score

Mine arrived yesterday. Ordered on 7/7 in shoppee too

Sent from EDMWER app!

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday. Ordered on 7/7 in shoppee too

Sent from EDMWER app!

Same here. I ordered on 7 Jul and received it today. They just left it outside my house.

I didn't get any message that I will receive it today but it arrive outside my house. Took about 20mins to fix it up.

Sat on it and felt the difference as compared to HM Aeron.

The workmanship and material for this Sihoo M57 is consider quite good. For a full mesh chair, it is consider pretty value for money. But when I sat on the HM Aeron chair, it's design has a "make you lean forward" posture and that, I feel, really helps make us cultivate the correct seating posture.

The mesh on the HM Aeron also felt softer.

So if you can spare the budget or willing to spend, can really consider getting the HM Aeron.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Same here. I ordered on 7 Jul and received it today. They just left it outside my house.

I didn't get any message that I will receive it today but it arrive outside my house. Took about 20mins to fix it up.

Sat on it and felt the difference as compared to HM Aeron.

The workmanship and material for this Sihoo M57 is consider quite good. For a full mesh chair, it is consider pretty value for money. But when I sat on the HM Aeron chair, it's design has a "make you lean forward" posture and that, I feel, really helps make us cultivate the correct seating posture.

The mesh on the HM Aeron also felt softer.

So if you can spare the budget or willing to spend, can really consider getting the HM Aeron.
So you have the Aeron too or u tried the Aeron before?

That "make you lean forward" feeling to me only exist on the Aeron remastered. The Aeron Classic when u sit down, it will auto recline back a bit due to the way the recline/tilt mechanism is on the Aeron classic, which gives a hammock feeling. The Aeron Remastered modified that tilt mechanism so it has more that "make you lean forward" feeling. Previously I had the Classic Aeron and Remastered Aeron side by side.

Yea the Sihoo looks very value for money, i just dont like how the mesh have those waavy design..

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you have the Aeron too or u tried the Aeron before?

That "make you lean forward" feeling to me only exist on the Aeron remastered. The Aeron Classic when u sit down, it will auto recline back a bit due to the way the recline/tilt mechanism is on the Aeron classic, which gives a hammock feeling. The Aeron Remastered modified that tilt mechanism so it has more that "make you lean forward" feeling. Previously I had the Classic Aeron and Remastered Aeron side by side.

Yea the Sihoo looks very value for money, i just dont like how the mesh have those waavy design..

does it? I don't have that feeling :(

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Remastered.
yea maybe cause u nv sit on a classic before. Diff feeling when u first sit on it. When i sat on the classic, i always thought thats how an Aeron should feel, the floating hammock feeling. When i change and sit on the remastered, realise it has the more upright feeling. It doesnt naturally recline unless i manually recline backwards, the classic right away tilt backwards when i sit on it.

Guess the remastered change this feature.

See from the 9 minute mark.

Once u see, then u will know what i meant. The sitting feeling is different on the classic. The feeling seems abit more nicer on the classic since it automatically recline, u will have that floating feel, but probably it isnt good for posture long term, that why they correct it in the remastered.

To me the classic and remastered is 2 entirely diff chairs, just that they look almost similar in its outlook since once u see it, u know its a Herman Miller Aeron. But seat feeling different. Mesh also feels diff. Armrest also. Classic arm rest very plasticky and glossy while remastered is matte and more softer. Mesh on classic abit harder and plasticky compared to mesh on the remastered too.

Alot of 2nd hand classic aerons are squeaky and when u shift your butt or tilt, u gonna hear lotsa creaking sound due to the bulky plastic tilt cover. Remastered aerons have a slimmer tilt cover and basically entirely different tilt mechanism which doesnt have all those annoying creaking sounds.

The pros of the classic aerons are...its half the price of a brand new remastered.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.