Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you have the Aeron too or u tried the Aeron before?

That "make you lean forward" feeling to me only exist on the Aeron remastered. The Aeron Classic when u sit down, it will auto recline back a bit due to the way the recline/tilt mechanism is on the Aeron classic, which gives a hammock feeling. The Aeron Remastered modified that tilt mechanism so it has more that "make you lean forward" feeling. Previously I had the Classic Aeron and Remastered Aeron side by side.

Yea the Sihoo looks very value for money, i just dont like how the mesh have those waavy design..

No, I don't have the HM Aeron Re-mastered. Wish I have it. Yes, I tried it before. A friend was trying to poison me to get it. So I got to tried it at his place.

Yes, the "hammock feeling", that is the description for most chairs out there. That is the main difference that I felt when I sat on the HM Aeron Re-mastered. It makes my body naturally straight my back.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
No, I don't have the HM Aeron Re-mastered. Wish I have it. Yes, I tried it before. A friend was trying to poison me to get it. So I got to tried it at his place.

Yes, the "hammock feeling", that is the description for most chairs out there. That is the main difference that I felt when I sat on the HM Aeron Re-mastered. It makes my body naturally straight my back.
the hammock feeling i get is on the classic not the remastered haha.. if u see the vid i posted earlier at the 9 minute mark.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I know remastered are meant to be tilt forward automatically bit. I guess I will stick to classic 🤣

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Yea there was one period I use the classic aeron for a stretch of 2 weeks. Then I sit back on the remastered and I thought how come the forward tilt function is turn on, but actually it's not.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea there was one period I use the classic aeron for a stretch of 2 weeks. Then I sit back on the remastered and I thought how come the forward tilt function is turn on, but actually it's not.
Maybe urs is too new ? Wait until it season then the feeling will go softer

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Maybe urs is too new ? Wait until it season then the feeling will go softer
nono not the mesh.

its the chair angle. after sitting on classic Aeron for awhile, if i change and sit on a remastered Aeron, its as though the same feeling like forward tilt ON for the classic Aeron. Its due to the video i mention lor... if u got see. The remastered tilt mechanism is diff and its angled abit forward by default.

Must sit on them side by side then u will notice the difference.

jojo2006

Reaction score
Ergohuman and Ergotune all MIC? Though Ergohuman is local brand and locally made. Which is more comfortable and good supporting for lumbar?

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently keep seeing alot of ads for ergotunes. alot of influencer also promoting the chairs. dunno y but i feel quite wary regarding brands that do this. e.g. is prism monitors. lol

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aeron's mesh is way better than M57. I sat on it first time without knowing what chair it was back then and I felt like wow this mesh is like out of this world, sit liao very shiok. If budget is a concern get M57, if not Aeron is the way to go
ya but bobian leh. price difference is too much liao. not even double, but like 6-7x price difference. lol o_O

hyperfuse

Reaction score
ya but bobian leh. price difference is too much liao. not even double, but like 6-7x price difference. lol o_O
12 year warranty ma.

Anyway when u sit on a chair with good build quality, also let u appreciate the chair more haha..

U go on holiday overseas, maybe spend more than 2k and only last a week or so... and all u left is memories.
You buy a good chair. only 1.5k, last you 12 years.

Why people easily fork out 1 to 2k go on holiday but when comes to a chair, they wanna scrimp and save haha...a chair will be used for hours each day assuming u are working from home.

Things that are constantly use like a mattress, chair, a good phone, laptop, PC... these are worthwhile to spend on.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sit on other chair will get back bone pain . Only Herman Miller doesn't pain at all , I guess it will save me few hundred thousand to go operation

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently keep seeing alot of ads for ergotunes. alot of influencer also promoting the chairs. dunno y but i feel quite wary regarding brands that do this. e.g. is prism monitors. lol
Influencers are paid to do it.

PlzGoNext

Reaction score
Recently purchased a HM Aeron Remastered and i really find it alot more enjoyable than my previous fabric chairs in Singapore's weather. The mesh is alot more comfortable than fabric. However, my neck sometimes develop aches when i recline without a headrest.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where i can purchase a Atlas Headrest for Graphite RM now? Checked Shopee and Carousell but all out of stock.

Last edited:

hyperfuse

Reaction score
i know la. but this also tells me that their chairs are marked up to make up for the cost of advertising
definitely. the build quality of ergotune chairs is very plasticky. surely much cheaper ma. they have to earn as well.

hyperfuse

Reaction score
Recently purchased a HM Aeron Remastered and i really find it alot more enjoyable than my previous fabric chairs in Singapore's weather. The mesh is alot more comfortable than fabric. However, my deck sometimes develop aches when i recline without a headrest.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where i can purchase a Atlas Headrest for Graphite RM now? Checked Shopee and Carousell but all out of stock.
using one now.

atlas.jpg

heard it be coming in a few weeks time by audiosg.

otherwise the Engineerednow HM3 headrest also okay. The Atlas headrest back..quite bulky.

Last edited:

delulytric

Reaction score
Hihi, looking for an ergonomic chair with headrest, can't afford too much, looking around ~400 budget for one. Read through the comments from last few pages, noted that there's the Sihoo M57, also looked on the Benel website and found some not bad looking one (but hard to find review). Or anything that I missed out that y'all can suggest? Thanks!

s3856

Reaction score
Looking a full mesh desktop chair with flip-up arms for child , any good recommendations?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using one now.

atlas.jpg

heard it be coming in a few weeks time by audiosg.

otherwise the Engineerednow HM3 headrest also okay. The Atlas headrest back..quite bulky.
Will suggest to stick with Atlas. Way better.

evirob

Reaction score
Aeron price on Shopee is pretty good atm…. Thinking if I should pull the trigger

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.