Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

badbad2000

Reaction score
Where to try? What is the price range?

Try Ergohuman. Mine coming to 10 yrs this Nov and still ok. I am sitting on it while typing this. The only issue is the castor wheels, couldn't last (the rubber cracked). But I have found cheap replacements from taobao so that is fine too.

kimsix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G(ao)T(ian) Chair
f5c7.jpg

Neue Chair
NC_SILVER_7-min.jpg

I think they Oem from here, Chongqing Gaotian Industrial Trade Co.,ltd, change a few parts like the frame mechanism. But still Usd190 per pc, min order 20 pc. Let say they choose higher quality material, Usd250 per pc x 20 pc = Usd5,000 plus shipping and gst etc. If they sold all 20 pc at Sgd799 = Sgd15,980, quite profitable if you are dare to venture into it.

Not say china copies are bad or you cannot oem them, but they mark up really high, warranty should cover the mesh hold up for 12 years. HM pellicle really tough and taut after years of use.

http://gaotianchair.diytrade.com/sdp/776174/4/pd-4075983/5210407-0/Mesh_Manager_Chair.html

Last edited:

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not say china copies are bad or you cannot oem them, but they mark up really high, warranty should cover the mesh hold up for 12 years. HM pellicle really tough and taut after years of use.

Even Herman Miller's warranty don't cover the mesh as it's considered normal wear and tear.

5gJ3aY2.png

But the Aeron chairs do last quite well unless heavily abused.

Rock_Lobster

Reaction score
Hi all,

My computer room is based around a "Muji" Aesthetic and I was wondering if there is any (budget) chairs out there that you'd recommend that is minimalistic looking?

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can consider SAIL ERGONOMIC CHAIRS in qoo10. It is a decent chair. Use $50 discount for the weekend to push the price down to 419-50 = $369.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
wanted to share, i got some rollers, from unwanted imports, for the aeron, the $89 ones, quite good i must say, it does "grip" the floors better.

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G(ao)T(ian) Chair
f5c7.jpg

Neue Chair
NC_SILVER_7-min.jpg

I think they Oem from here, Chongqing Gaotian Industrial Trade Co.,ltd, change a few parts like the frame mechanism. But still Usd190 per pc, min order 20 pc. Let say they choose higher quality material, Usd250 per pc x 20 pc = Usd5,000 plus shipping and gst etc. If they sold all 20 pc at Sgd799 = Sgd15,980, quite profitable if you are dare to venture into it.

http://gaotianchair.diytrade.com/sdp/776174/4/pd-4075983/5210407-0/Mesh_Manager_Chair.html

I could do a Mo next month when I'm back. Haven't done one for years tho.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Are there any chair which can support a 100kg guy in sleeping position? anyone ?

ergonomic-office-chairs-how-important-is-the-comfortable-really-encourage-healthy-chair-intended-for-3.jpg

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there any chair which can support a 100kg guy in sleeping position? anyone ?

ergonomic-office-chairs-how-important-is-the-comfortable-really-encourage-healthy-chair-intended-for-3.jpg

A chair is designed for seating. Why will you want to sleep on a chair?

Herman Miller Aeron can take up to 158kg.
https://www.hermanmiller.com/content/dam/hermanmiller/documents/product_literature/other/ap_sizefitref_aeron_chairs.pdf

aloysious

Reaction score
Anyone tried these ergonomic chairs before?

The ErgoTune seems decent with its lumbar support leh, but cant find any review.

Don't know if i should go for or Ergohuman (which doesn't seem to have supplier in Singapore?)

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried these ergonomic chairs before?

The ErgoTune seems decent with its lumbar support leh, but cant find any review.

Don't know if i should go for or Ergohuman (which doesn't seem to have supplier in Singapore?)

Looks very similar to many other brands out there. That said they have 10 years warranty assuming they don't bankrupt or close the company down, should be pretty decent I suppose.

Usually those random office chairs don't have warranty one and even if have is 1 to 2 years maybe?

shawnkweng

Reaction score
Okamura Sylphy - Made in Japan

"MADE IN JAPAN"
OKAMURA SYLPHY ERGONOMIC CHAIR

Really suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper comfortable :)

Kei_Li

Reaction score
I just whack 2.2k on a HM Aeron, hope I won’t regret!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.