Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

acer23

Reaction score
Just bought this for $199. Though the base is plastic, looks like it is a fibre glass reinforced plastic. Can hold up to 120kg. So bbfa like me should be ok i hope :(

E2g4TyB.jpg

Not so bad for 199.

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Just an honest question ah. If $700 can net you a customizable fully functional chair with 12 years warranty where any fault they will come and fix (excluding cosmetic problems), is it not worth it? $700 over 12 years doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Haha this helped me to gain some perspective actually. I agree with you - what chair would you recommend for that price ah? Haworth? Sorry, just eager to get a good chair asap but of course not ready to splurge on an Aeron.

DriftKing

Reaction score
Did anyone get the OEM from unwanted? My Aeron back mesh gg waiting for replacement but from the look of US it seems it'll be delayed.

Vs zody, lesser warranty period

Vulpix

Reaction score
Haha this helped me to gain some perspective actually. I agree with you - what chair would you recommend for that price ah? Haworth? Sorry, just eager to get a good chair asap but of course not ready to splurge on an Aeron.

Haworth Soji is around 600 SGD for base model.

Xeniel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to find out more about their WFH promo from Wilsin Office.

Their FREE delivery can be as fast as the next working day or within 3 days.

Currently these 2 chairs under promotion on their FB:

wilsin.com.sg/products/uno -S$148.00

wilsin.com.sg/products/teddy- S$288.00

Still deciding... any bros got suggestion for budget Sub-300 with fast delivery?

LOL so obvious is advertisement :s13:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A mesh chair should be both mesh back and mesh seat.

Heat accumulate at the kkj area, thigh, and buttock a lot. This can cook your balls and cause permanent damages affecting your manhood. Your kkj will soon can't stand as long, can't lift as much, can't shoot as many, all blanks, no baby. It will also make you fidget and move around, feeling uncomfortable.

Thermal image on cushion with ambiance temp of 20 degrees.
Thermal-mapping-at-the-surface-of-the-polyurethane-foam-cushion-after-35-minutes-sitting.jpg

Image of where heat will trap in general sitting
virtual-human_comfort-values.jpg

Some cushion will claim that it can cool, those are generally gimmicks or tested with fallacious tests. You see a lot in the mattress producers.
As long as the heat can't dissipate, heat will surely trap and build up.
Among cushion material, latex is the coolest but it will still trap heat at certain points where there's no pinholes.

That's why chairs like secret labs gaming chair, cannot be good because it is totally not breathable. You sweat and sweat has chloride which is erosive, in additional to the fake leather did not pass good rub test QC, that's why the seat is so chui. :(

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A mesh chair should be both mesh back and mesh seat.

Heat accumulate at the kkj area, thigh, and buttock a lot. This can cook your balls and cause permanent damages affecting your manhood. Your kkj will soon can't stand as long, can't lift as much, can't shoot as many, all blanks, no baby. It will also make you fidget and move around, feeling uncomfortable.

Thermal image on cushion with ambiance temp of 20 degrees.
Thermal-mapping-at-the-surface-of-the-polyurethane-foam-cushion-after-35-minutes-sitting.jpg

Image of where heat will trap in general sitting
virtual-human_comfort-values.jpg

Some cushion will claim that it can cool, those are generally gimmicks or tested with fallacious tests. You see a lot in the mattress producers.
As long as the heat can't dissipate, heat will surely trap and build up.
Among cushion material, latex is the coolest but it will still trap heat at certain points where there's no pinholes.

That's why chairs like secret labs gaming chair, cannot be good because it is totally not breathable. You sweat and sweat has chloride which is erosive, in additional to the fake leather did not pass good rub test QC, that's why the seat is so chui. :(

secretlab is **** seat. People buy because the price is "not" really impossible to reach and look damn satki.

u c so many people whine about it yet carrots still go ahead to get it.

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought this for $199. Though the base is plastic, looks like it is a fibre glass reinforced plastic. Can hold up to 120kg. So bbfa like me should be ok i hope :(

E2g4TyB.jpg

the issue with such oem chairs isn't the ergonomic fit though, its the materials.
butt/ shoulders/ back will get warm or itchy in a short span of time or will slip and move around abit, affects the posture already.

my 2cents on it after getting a few of such. should have just whack 1 time on a good brand which i plan to do now :(

acer23

Reaction score
the issue with such oem chairs isn't the ergonomic fit though, its the materials.
butt/ shoulders/ back will get warm or itchy in a short span of time or will slip and move around abit, affects the posture already.

my 2cents on it after getting a few of such. should have just whack 1 time on a good brand which i plan to do now :(

What chair are you getting??:s13:

New Eden

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy this chair from? All good so far?
:)

Still waiting for shipment. I placed order on tuesday i think.

Bought it from myseat.sg serene chair.

Anyway i thought if really bad, sit 2 yrs $199 should be ok. My current $150 chair i sit for 7yrs already.

vamprose

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DriftKing

Reaction score
considering between this and the new unwanted imports oem chair lol. hopefully someone tried it before

Actually really keen to try Unwanted Imports' bro's OEM S7. Need to find back the bot promoter see got any special deal for us hwz bros a not. Say real one.

The Haworth Zody is next best based on the price, but... its not a mesh seat...

Attila

Reaction score
anyone interested in buying atlas new suspension headrest?
look so much better than engineered now headrest
maybe if enough interested party we can do a MO or at least share and save on shipping cost
https://www.atlasheadrest.com/

Attila

Reaction score
if you buy from shopee no warranty in singapore? how does the warranty works?

warranty i prefer to deal directly to herman miller than distributor here.
the distributor labour is only 1yr and parts 12yrs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.