Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got the Artificum S7 chair for myself and passed my 8 years old Aeron to my son. Both bought from Unwanted. I remember he is located in UK.

The mesh is firm like the Classic Aeron, the mesh feels more fabric unlike plastic on Aeron. Not bad, confirm better than those gaming chairs.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
look nice chair, anyway side question:

those big brands offering 12yr or 10yr warranty does it covers wear and tear of the mesh from normal seating if a person is a rough seater that like to frigid around and leaning back at different angles. im going to buy a good chair once and for all and hope to use for more than 10 years. but i am afraid after 3 to 5 years i damage the chair and is not counted under warranty.

can anyone please advise me on this thanks.. 90kg guy here
My office has almost a hundred of Aerons and only two torn after 15 years. My office has very high traffic of customers and staffs who will sit around, full of BBFA sitting around all the time and these people behave like animals.

One was torn because some stupid staffs used the chair as trolley and stacked some heavy cartons on it during moving of office. The other one was brought back home by this expat and his dog torn the mesh.
Both warranties were rejected afaik, that's why they are still in the storeroom. The warranty got state very clearly.
2ZFOOsz.png

If you are sitting normally on it, I don't see how is it possible for a person's skin surface can tear the mesh. Unless you have some horns growing behind your back. :vijayadmin:

jermynwee

Reaction score
Got the Artificum S7 chair for myself and passed my 8 years old Aeron to my son. Both bought from Unwanted. I remember he is located in UK.

The mesh is firm like the Classic Aeron, the mesh feels more fabric unlike plastic on Aeron. Not bad, confirm better than those gaming chairs.

What do you think of the Artificum?

jermynwee

Reaction score
Hi All
I just made and order and payment for Chairworker Artificum S7 Ergonomic Chair – Tranquil Grey from unwanted imports last night.

So far Ive not gotten a reply or acknowledgement from anyone to tell me that my chair is coming.
This is my first time buying from him and I'm freaking out a bit.
Can someone allay my fears and tell me that this is normal for this website? Is there anyway to contact the seller?

Hi All. Thanks for all the replies!
He replied last night to say the shipper would contact me and deliver there chair.
Thanks!

pawn_king

Reaction score
Hi All
I just made and order and payment for Chairworker Artificum S7 Ergonomic Chair – Tranquil Grey from unwanted imports last night.
?

Hi, I have made a purchase of this chair on labour day, was no confirmation of payment received, but on Monday a delivery guy called me to tell me they were delivering by EOD. Chair came fully assembled and pretty comfy so no worries!

I also made order for this chair. Blind leap of faith as no chance to try the comfort but yet need a slightly more affordable chair for WFH. Hopefully it can match the comfort from the Aerons at my work place.

Got the Artificum S7 chair for myself and passed my 8 years old Aeron to my son. Both bought from Unwanted.

wow u all very brave to fork out 700 for an oem chair without reviews and no info online on the brand (Artificum?). Hope it works out for you.

Unwanted should reward its first customers of this chair! :s13:

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
wow u all very brave to fork out 700 for an oem chair without reviews and no info online on the brand (Artificum?). Hope it works out for you.

It's as brave as buying a SL PU chair despite the reviews :s22:

The idea is that it won't be that bad. It is, with all things said, a chair. It looks good, they company is good, why not?

DriftKing

Reaction score
For those whom bought the OEM s7, which castors did you choose ? I'm intending it to use on vinyl flooring and parquet floors

Attila

Reaction score

still better than buy SL chair

solomon3000

Reaction score
Just bought 2 grey S7 as well for me and my wife. She work long hours on her laptop and she's been complaining about backache, hope this chair can solve her problem.

DriftKing

Reaction score
How come suddenly so many people bought the chair sia. Still anyone can advice which castors option and what kind of flooring ?

jfreex98

Reaction score
cant seem to find the s7 on google for me to research, camping here to see the real person reviews :D

gibson

Master Member
Reaction score
Waiting for S7 reviews as well! Like what was mentioned earlier, kinda risky to fork out that amount of money for a chair without reviews! :D

Vulpix

Reaction score
I got no balls to order a chair I don't have a chance to sit. :s13:

ringrain_78

Reaction score
Since working from home is likely to be a norm in the future, wife would like to buy an office chair for my birthday. I am not in the market for a HM chair but any comments about this;

alefjaell-office-chair__0724709_PE734591_S5.JPG

solomon3000

Reaction score
I also felt the same. There's not much info online about the brand and product and i assume it's UI's own brand.

The few things that helped with my decision was:
- Currently sitting on Ikea chair (cheaper series) and can feel my back & neck hurt. Also developed bad posture sitting and standing.
- Needed a comfortable chair that can match Aeron's from my ex-work place
- Hoping not to fork out nearly 2k on a new Aeron, and paying upwards of 700 for >10 years old used Aeron
- Not willing to try other cheaper alternatives from brands i don't trust (e.g. Ikea, Vhive)
- UI seems to have very good reputation selling/handling Aeron's so i think i trust them more (than other brands) even with a new product.
- Money saved from new Aeron can be put to improve other areas that will help with posture like a monitor arm to raise the monitor to a more comfortable height or maybe a larger desk.

That said, if you have money to burn the Aeron's are a no brainer. Like the previous poster, my ex-coy used Aeron's and we no give chance one. A lot of BBFA and those chairs easily lasted 15 years of abuse. When i first sat on it i even smirked like "what's so great about this chair." Few years later when i moved on to another company, the first day i was already missing the Aeron and kind of regretting the move.

My ex company office only uses steel series and Aeron and we easily have thousands of them around, many of them quite old already but still in very good condition. Like you I am not prepared to shell out 2k per chair, compared to SL garbage I have more faith in S7.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.