Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCH8sG8.jpg

XpV9Vmq.jpg

after 1 month of cruising from GZ to SG.....
still thinking to remove the hand rest or not

looks big, and is heavy, but actually after zooming out and sitting not that big.... if not its i/m ....

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe embody definitely more comfy than aeron. It's a chair where u can really sit comfy, stretch your back, sit cross leg etc.

I chose the aeron firstly because of mesh. I had couple of non mesh chairs... comfy but due to my work area being partition out by tempered glass, it gets humid, so anything apart from mesh, gets warm quickly. So that's why I resort to choosing Aeron.

I do know there are other brands that have mesh..but I guess I am the kind that prefer stuff that is hyped and with good build quality. I didnt like plasticky build that's why went for Herman miller instead.
It's meant to be that way. The Aeron is a chair that won't make one uncomfortable when sitting for hours on a stretch for focused tasking. Where else the Embody has more support and foam comfort. I tried the Embody at Xtra, the build quality and armrests leave a lot to be desired imo for the premium it commands over the Aeron.

These are my comments comparing between the chairs I have (RM Aeron, Celle, Leap V2, Leap V1, Leap V1-H):
Best for lower back support + rocking tilt + sitting in aircon/non-aircon: Aeron
Best for upper back support + forward tilt sitting position: Celle
Best seat cushions: Leap V1/V1-H
Best armrests + for sitting cross-legged + back responsiveness: Leap V2

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
It's meant to be that way. The Aeron is a chair that won't make one uncomfortable when sitting for hours on a stretch for focused tasking. Where else the Embody has more support and foam comfort. I tried the Embody at Xtra, the build quality and armrests leave a lot to be desired imo for the premium it commands over the Aeron.

These are my comments comparing between the chairs I have (RM Aeron, Celle, Leap V2, Leap V1, Leap V1-H):
Best for lower back support + rocking tilt + sitting in aircon/non-aircon: Aeron
Best for upper back support + forward tilt sitting position: Celle
Best seat cushions: Leap V1/V1-H
Best armrests + for sitting cross-legged + back responsiveness: Leap V2
Yea I noticed the build quality for embody is pretty plasticky.

To me the white frame exudes a little more plastic look, while black frame gives a better build quality outlook.

U have a good variety of chairs.

Heard of nightingale cxo? Rated best seat comfort in usa. The seat cushion is super plush but I guess since it's fabric, it will get hot in sg

Last edited:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea I noticed the build quality for embody is pretty plasticky.

To me the white frame exudes a little more plastic look, while black frame gives a better build quality outlook.

U have a good variety of chairs.

Heard of nightingale cxo? Rated best seat comfort in usa. The seat cushion is super plush but I guess since it's fabric, it will get hot in sg

I mainly have the AC throughout the day most days so heat mostly isn't an issue. What I can say for sure is that the fabric's finish and underlying foam will affect how it feels in non-aircon environment. The back of my Leap V1-H has a recessed-bumpy waffle-like structure on the back. That finish feels like it traps mini pockets of heat. Compare that to the Leap V1 with a smooth finish, that is more cooling in comparison.

Fabric material also plays a part. I've tried sitting in a Humanscale Freedom at a refurbisher, and honestly, I think the fabric material on that is even worse (heat-wise) than my V1-H's waffle despite the Freedom being smooth.

Leap V1-H
W2bMs3G.jpg

Leap V1
EKanvLR.jpg

I bought all my Leaps used. And I find the V2 foam quality isn't as high as the old school V1. I can feel the seatpan cushion compressed to the seatpan plate after a long multi-hour tasking session. The V1 (2006) are way more robust and holding up wayyyy better despite being 5 years older than the V2 (2011). That said, the V2 does conform to the body better though.

First I've heard of Nightingale. That looks interesting. The CXO seems to be built like a typical robust old-school American chair. Solid bulky plastic bits everywhere. And if the fabric finish and foam is anything like Steelcase's, it may fare well in our weather.

s3856

Reaction score
Whats-App-Image-2021-07-22-at-15-59-30.jpg

i have 2 remastered Aerons. One Made in China, another one Made in USA.

I do notice the casters on the USA one (audiosg) seems smoother than the one made in China. QC also better in the packaging of the chair.

I have another made in USA remastered Aeron going to be sent to me next week too from audiosg.

He really nice guy and goes the extra mile for me. He personally come and send me the Atlas headrest too.

Not sure why the other guy kept criticizing him. All in all, good service rendered.
What is the price for MIC ? And where to buy ?

asianfish

Reaction score
Hi guys where is the cheapest place to get a Herman Miller Aeron Chair? What does Remastered means?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys where is the cheapest place to get a Herman Miller Aeron Chair? What does Remastered means?
Let me make it easy to understand.

Version 1 - non remastered
Verson 2 - remastered

Cheapest, new, US Set but warranty will be void if shop close down, AudioSG in Shopee
Expensive but local Herman authorized dealer - Xtra at Marina Square.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I do notice the casters on the USA one (audiosg) seems smoother than the one made in China. QC also better in the packaging of the chair.

I have another made in USA remastered Aeron going to be sent to me next week too from audiosg.

He really nice guy and goes the extra mile for me. He personally come and send me the Atlas headrest too.

Not sure why the other guy kept criticizing him. All in all, good service rendered.
China how much? Planning to get one more if MIC is way cheaper.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When i said only Herman miller make real chair ur the 1st one who criticize me . Now u bought 3 :ROFLMAO:

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is premium for a reason.
I m not saying the $1500 Aeron , i had tried even their basic range like Ambi also comfortable like hell . They really deserve the fame . But anyway , my intention is only help those in doubt and dont keep spending $200 -300 on other useless chair , the money end up enough to buy a Aeron and use for a lifetime

s3856

Reaction score
Hi. Can the users advise the HM Cosm and HM Remastered Aeron, which is more comfortable and use for 5-6 hours of computer work at home? What is the advantage and disadvantage? Thanks.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. Can the users advise the HM Cosm and HM Remastered Aeron, which is more comfortable and use for 5-6 hours of computer work at home? What is the advantage and disadvantage? Thanks.
i did read up on reviews between these 2.

Basically cosm do not have any adjustments except for the height of the chair, good for people who dont bother to make adjustments and prefer a one chair fit all type of usage.

If u prefer to make adjustments to your chair for a more specific fit, then Aeron is a better choice.

Reviews also say that the Leaf arms on the Cosm is a hit and miss for people who wanna use it for tasking work as the mesh on that arms will leave marks on your skin and long usage will feel uncomfortable. Cosm better suited for a lounging chair or a conference room chair, or unless you change the leaf arms for adjustable armrest.

But on a pure comfort point, maybe Cosm might be better. But for long hours tasking, i think Aeron will be a better fit.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got thought of wanna try out the Herman Miller Cosm but then again i think too many chairs.. shouldnt throw money like that hahaha..
I think Aeron has a better design , Cosm look more to style than the perform . And also i bought the atlas headrest mths ago and find it not suitable for Aeron . I kept inside storeroom lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.