Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

evirob

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either Aeron or Embody imo. In fact, am thinking if I should just get another Aeron just to switch about. Problem is I can't bear to blow like an additional $400 for mineral color and chrome options lol.

As for comfort, my friends and wife very much prefer the Aeron. A few did remarked that they feel the pixels jutting into their back on the embody which I've yet to experience so far.

Was glad that Xtra just happen to have the color and fabric I want in stock. Black Sync, White Frame and Silver base.

But wow, you own u 3 Aerons! :)

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
To be honest, yea I don't find aeron that comfortable in terms of like plush comfy feeling u get in a sofa obviously, other leather ikea chairs can be more comfy than the aeron though.

I didnt try the embody but from the looks of it and reviews, I can bet my money it sure feels comfy. I actually wanted to buy some other herman miller chair just for variety but then again my wife mention she prefer the same chair to have a uniform design in my work area. If it's another chair, it will break the "industrial" theme we are going for.

So oh well, just get another aeron to put it there.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Screenshot-20210731-222801-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Saw this local chair company call martiangear, selling this orbit caster wheels. Looks cool

evirob

Reaction score
Are all of yours in graphite?

Did you change the casters? Have the hard floor casters and changed up to the translucent ones which made quite a difference in terms of rolling smoothness and noise.

Bought it for $179 from Xtra. Price is steep but if I were to use the chair for more than a decade, should be ok lol.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea all graphite as that is the cheapest option but personally I prefer darker tones so carbon and mineral is out for me.

There is the aeron gaming edition, that is all black but no one is selling that, even Xtra don't.

I didnt change the casters cause it fared well on my vinyl flooring so didnt really saw a need to. I initially wanted to try rollerblade casters seeing how smooth people rave about it, but then someone told me that if its too super smooth, your chair gonna move with a slight butt shift when u are in the chair esp when u don't intend to move...so it sounds kinda true..so I scrape the idea of changing casters. The default aeron casters work fine. No scratches on my vinyl.

evirob

Reaction score
Yeah, I checked too. The gaming chairs are not available in Asia yet. The Sayl looks really good.

Ah.. Am on vinyl flooring as well. The hard floor casters were good, just that the translucent ones are much smoother when you make micro adjustments and stays better in position. Kinda hard to describe. It's also slightly bigger.

Anyway, hope Atlas launches the Embody headrest soon. Just realised that it's very useful especially when I WFH most of the time.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked too. The gaming chairs are not available in Asia yet. The Sayl looks really good.

Ah.. Am on vinyl flooring as well. The hard floor casters were good, just that the translucent ones are much smoother when you make micro adjustments and stays better in position. Kinda hard to describe. It's also slightly bigger.

Anyway, hope Atlas launches the Embody headrest soon. Just realised that it's very useful especially when I WFH most of the time.
I prefer the aesthetics of the aeron without headrest, but because I wfh long hours, I resort to buying just one atlas headrest and attach to one of the chair.

The headrest makes the chair look bulky and sorta make it look like any other mesh chair haha..

Somehow I don't find the atlas mesh comfortable, I would think the fabric headrest to be better but then..I value aesthetics..so the atlas suspension headrest fits the bill since the mesh looks exactly like the aeron's mesh and it does the job supporting my neck when I recline.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCH8sG8.jpg

XpV9Vmq.jpg

after 1 month of cruising from GZ to SG.....
still thinking to remove the hand rest or not

looks big, and is heavy, but actually after zooming out and sitting not that big.... if not its i/m ....

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe embody definitely more comfy than aeron. It's a chair where u can really sit comfy, stretch your back, sit cross leg etc.

I chose the aeron firstly because of mesh. I had couple of non mesh chairs... comfy but due to my work area being partition out by tempered glass, it gets humid, so anything apart from mesh, gets warm quickly. So that's why I resort to choosing Aeron.

I do know there are other brands that have mesh..but I guess I am the kind that prefer stuff that is hyped and with good build quality. I didnt like plasticky build that's why went for Herman miller instead.
It's meant to be that way. The Aeron is a chair that won't make one uncomfortable when sitting for hours on a stretch for focused tasking. Where else the Embody has more support and foam comfort. I tried the Embody at Xtra, the build quality and armrests leave a lot to be desired imo for the premium it commands over the Aeron.

These are my comments comparing between the chairs I have (RM Aeron, Celle, Leap V2, Leap V1, Leap V1-H):
Best for lower back support + rocking tilt + sitting in aircon/non-aircon: Aeron
Best for upper back support + forward tilt sitting position: Celle
Best seat cushions: Leap V1/V1-H
Best armrests + for sitting cross-legged + back responsiveness: Leap V2

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
It's meant to be that way. The Aeron is a chair that won't make one uncomfortable when sitting for hours on a stretch for focused tasking. Where else the Embody has more support and foam comfort. I tried the Embody at Xtra, the build quality and armrests leave a lot to be desired imo for the premium it commands over the Aeron.

These are my comments comparing between the chairs I have (RM Aeron, Celle, Leap V2, Leap V1, Leap V1-H):
Best for lower back support + rocking tilt + sitting in aircon/non-aircon: Aeron
Best for upper back support + forward tilt sitting position: Celle
Best seat cushions: Leap V1/V1-H
Best armrests + for sitting cross-legged + back responsiveness: Leap V2
Yea I noticed the build quality for embody is pretty plasticky.

To me the white frame exudes a little more plastic look, while black frame gives a better build quality outlook.

U have a good variety of chairs.

Heard of nightingale cxo? Rated best seat comfort in usa. The seat cushion is super plush but I guess since it's fabric, it will get hot in sg

Last edited:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea I noticed the build quality for embody is pretty plasticky.

To me the white frame exudes a little more plastic look, while black frame gives a better build quality outlook.

U have a good variety of chairs.

Heard of nightingale cxo? Rated best seat comfort in usa. The seat cushion is super plush but I guess since it's fabric, it will get hot in sg

I mainly have the AC throughout the day most days so heat mostly isn't an issue. What I can say for sure is that the fabric's finish and underlying foam will affect how it feels in non-aircon environment. The back of my Leap V1-H has a recessed-bumpy waffle-like structure on the back. That finish feels like it traps mini pockets of heat. Compare that to the Leap V1 with a smooth finish, that is more cooling in comparison.

Fabric material also plays a part. I've tried sitting in a Humanscale Freedom at a refurbisher, and honestly, I think the fabric material on that is even worse (heat-wise) than my V1-H's waffle despite the Freedom being smooth.

Leap V1-H
W2bMs3G.jpg

Leap V1
EKanvLR.jpg

I bought all my Leaps used. And I find the V2 foam quality isn't as high as the old school V1. I can feel the seatpan cushion compressed to the seatpan plate after a long multi-hour tasking session. The V1 (2006) are way more robust and holding up wayyyy better despite being 5 years older than the V2 (2011). That said, the V2 does conform to the body better though.

First I've heard of Nightingale. That looks interesting. The CXO seems to be built like a typical robust old-school American chair. Solid bulky plastic bits everywhere. And if the fabric finish and foam is anything like Steelcase's, it may fare well in our weather.

s3856

Reaction score
Whats-App-Image-2021-07-22-at-15-59-30.jpg

i have 2 remastered Aerons. One Made in China, another one Made in USA.

I do notice the casters on the USA one (audiosg) seems smoother than the one made in China. QC also better in the packaging of the chair.

I have another made in USA remastered Aeron going to be sent to me next week too from audiosg.

He really nice guy and goes the extra mile for me. He personally come and send me the Atlas headrest too.

Not sure why the other guy kept criticizing him. All in all, good service rendered.
What is the price for MIC ? And where to buy ?

asianfish

Reaction score
Hi guys where is the cheapest place to get a Herman Miller Aeron Chair? What does Remastered means?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys where is the cheapest place to get a Herman Miller Aeron Chair? What does Remastered means?
Let me make it easy to understand.

Version 1 - non remastered
Verson 2 - remastered

Cheapest, new, US Set but warranty will be void if shop close down, AudioSG in Shopee
Expensive but local Herman authorized dealer - Xtra at Marina Square.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I do notice the casters on the USA one (audiosg) seems smoother than the one made in China. QC also better in the packaging of the chair.

I have another made in USA remastered Aeron going to be sent to me next week too from audiosg.

He really nice guy and goes the extra mile for me. He personally come and send me the Atlas headrest too.

Not sure why the other guy kept criticizing him. All in all, good service rendered.
China how much? Planning to get one more if MIC is way cheaper.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When i said only Herman miller make real chair ur the 1st one who criticize me . Now u bought 3 :ROFLMAO:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.