Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know when did you placed the order? At which platform?

I placed order on 7 Jul 2021. Shopee app shows "Your parcel has been inbounded at the Huixiang [Singapore] Warehouse". Don't know when it will be delivered to me.

i got it about 2 weeks ago maybe thereabouts ?
i think i got it from ninja van , cant recall exactly, but i wasnt home that day.
so they left it at my door

my shopee also shows...

[Singapore]Your parcel has arrived in Singapore

12-07-2021 09:12
[guangzhou]On the voyage

09-07-2021 17:03
[guangzhou]Your parcel has departed China

04-07-2021 11:08
[guangzhou]Waiting for departure

01-07-2021 11:24
[guangzhou]customs clearance done

29-06-2021 11:28
[guangzhou]In customs

28-06-2021 09:27
[Guangzhou]Your parcel has departed from Huixiang Guangzhou Warehouse

27-06-2021 10:28
[Guangzhou]Your parcel has been successfully inbounded at the Huixiang Guangzhou Warehouse

22-06-2021 09:25
Sender updated that your parcel has been shipped

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday. Ordered on 7/7 in shoppee too

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Same here. I ordered on 7 Jul and received it today. They just left it outside my house.

I didn't get any message that I will receive it today but it arrive outside my house. Took about 20mins to fix it up.

Sat on it and felt the difference as compared to HM Aeron.

The workmanship and material for this Sihoo M57 is consider quite good. For a full mesh chair, it is consider pretty value for money. But when I sat on the HM Aeron chair, it's design has a "make you lean forward" posture and that, I feel, really helps make us cultivate the correct seating posture.

The mesh on the HM Aeron also felt softer.

So if you can spare the budget or willing to spend, can really consider getting the HM Aeron.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Same here. I ordered on 7 Jul and received it today. They just left it outside my house.

I didn't get any message that I will receive it today but it arrive outside my house. Took about 20mins to fix it up.

Sat on it and felt the difference as compared to HM Aeron.

The workmanship and material for this Sihoo M57 is consider quite good. For a full mesh chair, it is consider pretty value for money. But when I sat on the HM Aeron chair, it's design has a "make you lean forward" posture and that, I feel, really helps make us cultivate the correct seating posture.

The mesh on the HM Aeron also felt softer.

So if you can spare the budget or willing to spend, can really consider getting the HM Aeron.
So you have the Aeron too or u tried the Aeron before?

That "make you lean forward" feeling to me only exist on the Aeron remastered. The Aeron Classic when u sit down, it will auto recline back a bit due to the way the recline/tilt mechanism is on the Aeron classic, which gives a hammock feeling. The Aeron Remastered modified that tilt mechanism so it has more that "make you lean forward" feeling. Previously I had the Classic Aeron and Remastered Aeron side by side.

Yea the Sihoo looks very value for money, i just dont like how the mesh have those waavy design..

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That "make you lean forward" feeling to me only exist on the Aeron remastered. The Aeron Classic when u sit down, it will auto recline back a bit due to the way the recline/tilt mechanism is on the Aeron classic, which gives a hammock feeling. The Aeron Remastered modified that tilt mechanism so it has more that "make you lean forward" feeling. Previously I had the Classic Aeron and Remastered Aeron side by side.

Yea the Sihoo looks very value for money, i just dont like how the mesh have those waavy design..

does it? I don't have that feeling :(

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Remastered.
yea maybe cause u nv sit on a classic before. Diff feeling when u first sit on it. When i sat on the classic, i always thought thats how an Aeron should feel, the floating hammock feeling. When i change and sit on the remastered, realise it has the more upright feeling. It doesnt naturally recline unless i manually recline backwards, the classic right away tilt backwards when i sit on it.

Guess the remastered change this feature.

See from the 9 minute mark.

Once u see, then u will know what i meant. The sitting feeling is different on the classic. The feeling seems abit more nicer on the classic since it automatically recline, u will have that floating feel, but probably it isnt good for posture long term, that why they correct it in the remastered.

To me the classic and remastered is 2 entirely diff chairs, just that they look almost similar in its outlook since once u see it, u know its a Herman Miller Aeron. But seat feeling different. Mesh also feels diff. Armrest also. Classic arm rest very plasticky and glossy while remastered is matte and more softer. Mesh on classic abit harder and plasticky compared to mesh on the remastered too.

Alot of 2nd hand classic aerons are squeaky and when u shift your butt or tilt, u gonna hear lotsa creaking sound due to the bulky plastic tilt cover. Remastered aerons have a slimmer tilt cover and basically entirely different tilt mechanism which doesnt have all those annoying creaking sounds.

The pros of the classic aerons are...its half the price of a brand new remastered.

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No, I don't have the HM Aeron Re-mastered. Wish I have it. Yes, I tried it before. A friend was trying to poison me to get it. So I got to tried it at his place.

Yes, the "hammock feeling", that is the description for most chairs out there. That is the main difference that I felt when I sat on the HM Aeron Re-mastered. It makes my body naturally straight my back.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
No, I don't have the HM Aeron Re-mastered. Wish I have it. Yes, I tried it before. A friend was trying to poison me to get it. So I got to tried it at his place.

Yes, the "hammock feeling", that is the description for most chairs out there. That is the main difference that I felt when I sat on the HM Aeron Re-mastered. It makes my body naturally straight my back.
the hammock feeling i get is on the classic not the remastered haha.. if u see the vid i posted earlier at the 9 minute mark.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I know remastered are meant to be tilt forward automatically bit. I guess I will stick to classic 🤣

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea there was one period I use the classic aeron for a stretch of 2 weeks. Then I sit back on the remastered and I thought how come the forward tilt function is turn on, but actually it's not.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea there was one period I use the classic aeron for a stretch of 2 weeks. Then I sit back on the remastered and I thought how come the forward tilt function is turn on, but actually it's not.
Maybe urs is too new ? Wait until it season then the feeling will go softer

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe urs is too new ? Wait until it season then the feeling will go softer
nono not the mesh.

its the chair angle. after sitting on classic Aeron for awhile, if i change and sit on a remastered Aeron, its as though the same feeling like forward tilt ON for the classic Aeron. Its due to the video i mention lor... if u got see. The remastered tilt mechanism is diff and its angled abit forward by default.

Must sit on them side by side then u will notice the difference.

jojo2006

Reaction score
Ergohuman and Ergotune all MIC? Though Ergohuman is local brand and locally made. Which is more comfortable and good supporting for lumbar?

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently keep seeing alot of ads for ergotunes. alot of influencer also promoting the chairs. dunno y but i feel quite wary regarding brands that do this. e.g. is prism monitors. lol

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aeron's mesh is way better than M57. I sat on it first time without knowing what chair it was back then and I felt like wow this mesh is like out of this world, sit liao very shiok. If budget is a concern get M57, if not Aeron is the way to go
ya but bobian leh. price difference is too much liao. not even double, but like 6-7x price difference. lol o_O

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
ya but bobian leh. price difference is too much liao. not even double, but like 6-7x price difference. lol o_O
12 year warranty ma.

Anyway when u sit on a chair with good build quality, also let u appreciate the chair more haha..

U go on holiday overseas, maybe spend more than 2k and only last a week or so... and all u left is memories.
You buy a good chair. only 1.5k, last you 12 years.

Why people easily fork out 1 to 2k go on holiday but when comes to a chair, they wanna scrimp and save haha...a chair will be used for hours each day assuming u are working from home.

Things that are constantly use like a mattress, chair, a good phone, laptop, PC... these are worthwhile to spend on.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sit on other chair will get back bone pain . Only Herman Miller doesn't pain at all , I guess it will save me few hundred thousand to go operation

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.