Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

dEv_

Reaction score
Bought the haworth fern during the lockdown promotion last year, the back rest keep sliding down (the adjustment doesn't "Locked" in place). Material wise on the back is fine but the sweat stains on the seat cannot be removed. Prolong seating lower back and butt will pain. Now i am not even sure is it my problem or the chair problem. Been thinking of buying the HM to replace the fern for some time now...
had the same problem earlier too (the back rest keep sliding down). I would suggest to check with haworth to fix it.

There are some minor issue with my fern's hydraulic pump.

IAmNiceify

Reaction score
had the same problem earlier too (the back rest keep sliding down). I would suggest to check with haworth to fix it.

There are some minor issue with my fern's hydraulic pump.
Alright, i guess i can check with them. Had quite a experience with them when my chair arrives :eek:

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new chair for more WFH.

looking at Sihoo M57 which have good review at the pricepoint vs ergotune.. any comment?

It seems like sihoo M57 getting more and more expensive now at $298 and in shopee seems like there is not much choice in seller and only left with sihoo official.

look back at some earlier page that u guys manage to find 200-225 etc. are those seller all delisted?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new chair for more WFH.

looking at Sihoo M57 which have good review at the pricepoint vs ergotune.. any comment?

It seems like sihoo M57 getting more and more expensive now at $298 and in shopee seems like there is not much choice in seller and only left with sihoo official.

look back at some earlier page that u guys manage to find 200-225 etc. are those seller all delisted?
Yar all the cheaper reseller listings for sihoo chairs disappeared from shopee and now only left the official shop. My guess maybe either the official shop ask shopee to enforce take down of those reseller listings or those resellers can no longer procure stock from suppliers.

Can take a look at these m57 "rebranded" chair sold by local sellers. Price is slightly higher but don't have to wait 3-4 weeks for shipping.

UMD: https://shopee.sg/UMD-Ergonomic-Ful...ars-Warranty-i.75985602.5907018005?position=0 Promo price sale $249 on Oct 4th.

Takeaseat: https://shopee.sg/M19-Office-Chair-★-Ergonomic-Chair-★-Mesh-Office-Chair-★-Comfortable-Support-★-Self-Setup-i.995539.4051264833?position=20

Interestingly Takeaseat's version of the chair has a listed max weight capacity of 90kg but original sihoo m57 has a max weight capacity of 150kg i think.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The prev cheap China reseller is still around, and in fact, he's doing a Flash sale now (till 10pm today) @ $210 - $7 (shop voucher) - 2000 Shopee conis (Voucher "CASHBACKBSIC75"):

https://shopee.sg/Y-U-M57-Office-Ch...uter-Chair-Mesh-Chair-i.267495951.11147451963
Note that shipping used to take 3-4 weeks, but may take longer now with the dearth in containerships. Buy from the local UMD (above ferocity's post) @ $249 tmr if you can't wait.
Thanks man. I see why I cant find this seller. Because it is not listed under sihoo m57 name as but their own brand name.

I am not expert in chair, so I am curious are this and eg umd one that are selling as "rebranded" actually the same chair as the original sihoo m57?

As in the function and ergonomics same? Since I think we want the m57 for its comfortable design which have gd review. From the picture it does seems like exactly the same.

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The prev cheap China reseller is still around, and in fact, he's doing a Flash sale now (till 10pm today) @ $210 - $7 (shop voucher) - 2000 Shopee conis (Voucher "CASHBACKBSIC75"):

https://shopee.sg/Y-U-M57-Office-Ch...uter-Chair-Mesh-Chair-i.267495951.11147451963
Note that shipping used to take 3-4 weeks, but may take longer now with the dearth in containerships. Buy from the local UMD (above ferocity's post) @ $249 tmr if you can't wait.
Thanks for the info.. just pull the trigger for $175 after coupon and coins… now just have to wait 😂

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What coupons did u had that the price went to 175..that's cheap.
$210 - $7 (shop voucher) - $18 (shopee voucher-min $200) - 1000 coins.

decided to forgo the 2000 coins cashback, get straight cash discount better 🤣

YHQI95

Reaction score
Yar all the cheaper reseller listings for sihoo chairs disappeared from shopee and now only left the official shop. My guess maybe either the official shop ask shopee to enforce take down of those reseller listings or those resellers can no longer procure stock from suppliers.

Can take a look at these m57 "rebranded" chair sold by local sellers. Price is slightly higher but don't have to wait 3-4 weeks for shipping.

UMD: https://shopee.sg/UMD-Ergonomic-Ful...ars-Warranty-i.75985602.5907018005?position=0 Promo price sale $249 on Oct 4th.

Takeaseat: https://shopee.sg/M19-Office-Chair-★-Ergonomic-Chair-★-Mesh-Office-Chair-★-Comfortable-Support-★-Self-Setup-i.995539.4051264833?position=20

Interestingly Takeaseat's version of the chair has a listed max weight capacity of 90kg but original sihoo m57 has a max weight capacity of 150kg i think.
I did asked the Sihoo Singapore, they told me there are different gas cylinder and they are using original parts and gas lift thats why the max weight capacity is heavier than other version which not sure the authenticity of the chair.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did asked the Sihoo Singapore, they told me there are different gas cylinder and they are using original parts and gas lift thats why the max weight capacity is heavier than other version which not sure the authenticity of the chair.
I dont mind paying a bit more getting from the original Sihoo for authentic parts and quality as the chair will last for few years, also for safety and peace of mind.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$210 - $7 (shop voucher) - $18 (shopee voucher-min $200) - 1000 coins.

decided to forgo the 2000 coins cashback, get straight cash discount better 🤣

How come you all can always find all the coupon for Shopee one? I don't seems to be able to find any of it.

YHQI95

Reaction score
I dont mind paying a bit more getting from the original Sihoo for authentic parts and quality as the chair will last for few years, also for safety and peace of mind.
Yup, me too.
Thats why I purchased from the original store. But still waiting for delivery..
haha I worried about the gas lift explode..

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come you all can always find all the coupon for Shopee one? I don't seems to be able to find any of it.
It’s all on the site, just have to keep a lookout… do note that different membership band have different set of vouchers monthly as well…

zenify.me

Reaction score
Can check if the M57 is the chair to get around the $200 price point? Are there places where I can try it locally?

Looking to get a office chair with high back rest as I like to lean back while working. Tried the JÄRVFJÄLLET at ikea recently and felt quite comfortable with the neck support.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like shopee voucher need to snatch. some days when they have promotion day. the voucher is release every 2 hrs or what. but by first 1-5 mins the lower min spend one all gone.

looking to snatch some coming 10.10 to buy my chair.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked with UMD and they said their version of the m57 has a max weight capacity of 120kg lol.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like shopee voucher need to snatch. some days when they have promotion day. the voucher is release every 2 hrs or what. but by first 1-5 mins the lower min spend one all gone.

looking to snatch some coming 10.10 to buy my chair.
I posted this previously
Actually its not unusual to find that prices are cheaper on any normal given day compared to during these so called "sale" event period. There is a tendency for sellers to mark up during such sale events, leveraging on site coupons or banks promos instead to give false impression of cheaper discounted prices. Most folks in general don't bother to monitor prices and are suckers for SALE SALE SALE, so they would be none the wiser even if they end up paying more during such "sale".
Prices may not necessarily be cheaper during the sale event itself. Also the good vouchers always get fully redeem within seconds from getting released and only left those crappy "cashback" vouchers available for use.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.