Difference in Big 4 and small audit firm - Part 3

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea what are some good opportunities for audit managers to jump out now?
Seems quite competitive to commercial in many places

lovemyself123

Reaction score
what is the big4 manager pay for audit/tax?

1st year M
2nd year M
3rd year M
1st year SM
2nd year SM
etc

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea what are some good opportunities for audit managers to jump out now?
Seems quite competitive to commercial in many places
Same as before. Know of audit managers who are still jumping out to 'commercial' roles doing IA and accounting.

KeroMax

Reaction score
Any KPMG peeps? Did the SCAQ 20% raise get effected in the end or was it cancelled/delayed due to COVID-19?

NewGuy96

Reaction score
For my internship, I have been assigned to audit for Financial Services - Insurance. Quite disappointed as I am not really interested in insurance sector and insurance has a bad rep....
Will I be able to jump out of insurance to other financial services or general assurance in the future?

In the meantime, has anyone done auditing for insurance? How was the experience?

Milo-Dino

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For my internship, I have been assigned to audit for Financial Services - Insurance. Quite disappointed as I am not really interested in insurance sector and insurance has a bad rep....
Will I be able to jump out of insurance to other financial services or general assurance in the future?

In the meantime, has anyone done auditing for insurance? How was the experience?
Only ever went into an insurance financial audit to help out for 1-2weeks.

Insurance financial reporting is pretty niche with its own set of disclosures

lovemyself123

Reaction score

PM me your questions..

jace88

Reaction score

Depends on which firm as they have different clients but insurance in general is quite challenging and in some ways is an opportunity.

Don't worry too much though as the whole point of internship is to try and see how you go, and there's nothing stopping you from transferring or changing parts of your portfolio too.

investpedia2019

Reaction score
For ex auditors that are in commercial roles now, do you still pay for ISCA CA membership?
Do not see any benefits but have to pay $400+ annually.

asdarf

Reaction score
Normally I just get my employer to pay for it. Not an ex-auditor, but same same 😁

noname2016

Reaction score
For ex auditors that are in commercial roles now, do you still pay for ISCA CA membership?
I just claim from my company.

Anyway I was from big 4 long ago. I’m just wondering - is it very hard to get into big 4 nowadays?
happened to meet some younger people and they all went to mid-tier firms even though they were from local uni with decent results (2nd upper). In my era, it wasn’t very hard to get an offer from big 4 if you were from local uni -cus of the tri-uni recruitment fair (or is this no longer a thing??)
p/s - nothing against other uni. Just curious what’s the current situation.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, for both ISCA and IIA, both claimed to company.

I now use them to attend free webinars and networking events (pre-C19).

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just claim from my company.

Anyway I was from big 4 long ago. I’m just wondering - is it very hard to get into big 4 nowadays?
happened to meet some younger people and they all went to mid-tier firms even though they were from local uni with decent results (2nd upper). In my era, it wasn’t very hard to get an offer from big 4 if you were from local uni -cus of the tri-uni recruitment fair (or is this no longer a thing??)
p/s - nothing against other uni. Just curious what’s the current situation.
Was in the Big 4 five to eight years ago, and afaik it wasn't difficult for local uni grads to get in, especially if they interned there previously like myself.

Do know of some peers and juniors who couldn't get in despite having 2nd lower or upper though...

KeroMax

Reaction score
Yea whats the benefit ah?

I know its good to put on your resume when applying for job, but once you got a job you intend to stay long-term, still got any purpose?

No plans of becoming public accountant.

woodpecker123

Reaction score
Anyone know if big 4 sponser scaq and tuition fee for experienced hire? Only heard there is for fresh grad but haven't heard anyone sharing for experienced hires.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.