Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxel80

Reaction score
SCV/Tv point

Not sure if tis had been asked b4, if indeed had been asked b4 pls pardon me.....

With analogue signal ending on 31 Dec 2018, does that mean the scv/tv point tat is provided in all hdb units, which links to a master antenna on top of every block of hdb flats is no longer needed?

Am asking tis becus bought resale and now renovation, so was wondering need to move the existing scv/tv point to my tv console side or nt since i am assuming its reduntant for digital tv

Thanks in advance for all answers!

Jordan

Master Member
Reaction score
Could I check with the gurus here, if I am using a dvb-t2 external set up box with active antenna on my current TV, how do you enable dual sound setting in a Korean drama for instance? Can't use that function at all, when I am on digital channel compared to analog channel

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could I check with the gurus here, if I am using a dvb-t2 external set up box with active antenna on my current TV, how do you enable dual sound setting in a Korean drama for instance? Can't use that function at all, when I am on digital channel compared to analog channel

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

Use the "Audio" button on remote control to select the right audio stream.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if tis had been asked b4, if indeed had been asked b4 pls pardon me.....

With analogue signal ending on 31 Dec 2018, does that mean the scv/tv point tat is provided in all hdb units, which links to a master antenna on top of every block of hdb flats is no longer needed?

Am asking tis becus bought resale and now renovation, so was wondering need to move the existing scv/tv point to my tv console side or nt since i am assuming its reduntant for digital tv

Thanks in advance for all answers!

yes, you don't need scv point any.

On other other hand, it is important to have lan points in your house. Install 2 in living room (3 if you want to subscribe to starhub tv), 1 for each bedroom.

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
had bought a K2 mini dvbt2 setup box.
Where can i get the latest firmware for above set ?

Regards

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any cons buying a tv that has DVB T2 tuner built in already?

If the internal DVB T2 tuner is lousy signal can I still attach a external DVB T2 tuner box to it (buy a better external digital tv box and not use the internal built in digital tv tuner)?

The only con I think is if next the DVB T2 tuner faulty then the whole tv cannot use must change whole TV $200.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If the internal DVB T2 tuner is lousy signal can I still attach a external DVB T2 tuner box to it (buy a better external digital tv box and not use the internal built in digital tv tuner)?

The only con I think is if next the DVB T2 tuner faulty then the whole tv cannot use must change whole TV $200.

Well, the whole idea of using DVB-T2 STB is for this purpose, ie. to replace the TV tuner function. Even if the TV has digital tuner, one can still use external STB tuner as replacement since output from the box is fed to the TV via HDMI port.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In todays LCD TV. Tuner and rest of the "brain" is on one single board. Don't make any different.
Additional external tuner box only means more wires, more remote control, power source and sometime, this means more trouble.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ordered this from alibaba for around S$8 :s13:
looks like the same one from Qoo10 but half the price including delivery
hope it works

got it after 12 days.
most importantly it works perfectly.
maybe if need more will get from lazada ba :D

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In most cases, most branded TV like Samsung and LG has very good tuner. Only those not so branded TV may have a lousy tuner. Can always replace with external tuner.

stamploversg

Reaction score
Hello all

got an external DVB T2 from q10 and tonight suddenly it became got sound no picture. Tried switching it off and on again, the picture only lasted for like 2 mins then the screen became black again.

Anyone experienced this before? Thanks for sharing.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happy new year to all! :s12:

It's the year of 2018, and this also means this is the last year of analogue TV in Singapore before it gets fully replaced by digital TV(unless the govt. extends the deadline again :o).

Remember to switch to Digital TV before the end of 2018 if you're still viewing Mediacorp channels with the ANALOGUE word below the channel logo!

---DIGITAL TV---​

The Straits Time said:
Analogue broadcasts to end by Jan 1, 2019; 75,000 low-income households yet to switch

Singaporeans still depending on analogue signals to watch free-to-air television will now have an extra year - till Jan 1, 2019 - to switch over to digital.

Only about half of the over 139,000 low-income households here have made the switch to digital broadcasting, despite the roll-out of a help scheme three years ago. All in, with just two months to go before the original termination date for analogue broadcasts, a quarter of households have not switched.

Although three-quarters of some 1.2 million Singapore households are already receiving Mediacorp's digital TV signals over the air or through their pay TV set-top boxes, there are still some 75,000 low-income households that have yet to make the switch to digital broadcasting, said Dr Yaacob.

These are people living in one-or two-room rental flats, or those on ComCare or self-help groups' help schemes. They have a monthly income of $1,900 and below, or an annual property value of $13,000 or lower.

Under the Infocomm Media Development Authority's (IMDA) help scheme rolled out in 2014, the needy households are entitled to free equipment.

IMDA has sent out notification letters to over 139,000 households but only about half have claimed and installed their free set-top boxes and indoor antennae, said Dr Yaacob in his written parliamentary reply. IMDA will be intensifying outreach efforts by knocking on doors and working with the grassroots, but this is "not sufficient", he added.

Therefore, the Government decided to extend the deadline. It will also beef up assistance for needy households and will announce the new measures early next year.

The deadline extension will also better align Singapore's analogue switch-off date with that of its neighbours Malaysia and Indonesia, expected to be around the beginning of 2019.

There are plans to use the freed-up TV frequency to provide more capacity for mobile broadband in Singapore. Having neighbours that have also switched off their TV frequencies will reduce interference problems for mobile broadband users. Harmonising the move will also facilitate mobile roaming.
http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/more-time-to-make-switch-to-digital-tv

Switch to Digital TV now!​
For DVB-T2 digital-ready TV:

For analogue-only TV:

Digital TV TVC

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all

got an external DVB T2 from q10 and tonight suddenly it became got sound no picture. Tried switching it off and on again, the picture only lasted for like 2 mins then the screen became black again.

Anyone experienced this before? Thanks for sharing.

List the model of the STB and antenna used.

stamploversg

Reaction score
List the model of the STB and antenna used.

K2 DVB-T2 Digital TV Box, Antenna - Dual Signal Amplifier Antenna (sold by the same seller at Q10).

I was wondering if it could due to the rainy weather yesterday? Because before that it worked well....

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happy new year to all! :s12:

It's the year of 2018, and this also means this is the last year of analogue TV in Singapore before it gets fully replaced by digital TV(unless the govt. extends the deadline again :o).

Remember to switch to Digital TV before the end of 2018 if you're still viewing Mediacorp channels with the ANALOGUE word below the channel logo!

---DIGITAL TV---​

http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/more-time-to-make-switch-to-digital-tv

Switch to Digital TV now!​
For DVB-T2 digital-ready TV:

For analogue-only TV:

Digital TV TVC

Very useful video.

It is unlikely that the deadline can be extended again because the first time they did not mention a date and just say end of 2017. This time they are serious about it and say by 31 Dec 2018. IMDA also has a news release that mentioned that 1 Jan 19 those free to air channels will be only in digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.