Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will wait for DTV Starter Kit letter and can get one free leh since I stay in HDB and not subscribing to any paid services. :s13:
I will have to get one, because I have pay TV for my living room TV but the other TV in the bedroom doesn't have pay TV. :(

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will have to get one, because I have pay TV for my living room TV but the other TV in the bedroom doesn't have pay TV. :(

Just get a cheap one will do until the non DTV break down. The Hyundai one don't even list the detail specs, will not be surprised it's just another of the K2/K3 variant.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get a cheap one will do until the non DTV break down. The Hyundai one don't even list the detail specs, will not be surprised it's just another of the K2/K3 variant.
But I read some reviews say the box can't receive the remote control signal at a certain distance and angle. :eek:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But I read some reviews say the box can't receive the remote control signal at a certain distance and angle. :eek:

Don't really have issue with the remote control reception other than some buttons are not that responsive. I'm pretty sure you will face similar issue with the Hyundai model. Basically one is paying higher price (basically double) for the Hyundai one simply to enjoy local warranty.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tried the free box from m1 with my old tv.. After a few weeks frustrated liao decided to buy new tv instead..

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remote not really responsive lor.. Plus troublesome to use 2 remotes to watch tv.. Confusing for my elderly mother..

Didn't you set the STB remote to "learn" from the TV remote, the only button needed is the TV power button.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No, by cheaper I meant the K2/K3 model, this one seem to be a scale down model of the K2 though. It only support TV with HDMI port so older CRT one will not work. Another pro is the option to use TV port (by default) for power instead of separate power adapter. But if existing antenna is active type then need to get their adapter ($5) or any 5V USB power adapter.

And as with the Hyundai model, there is no detail specs given.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't you set the STB remote to "learn" from the TV remote, the only button needed is the TV power button.

Old folks mah.. Even that can be confusing.. Sometimes will forget to switch either one off/on

u0206397

Reaction score
Regarding the IMDA's DTV Starter Kit, if one opts for the $100 self buy "DTV equipment", what can we buy? Antennas and the same New Media Solutions set top box?

Or can redeem to partially pay for a new DVB-T2 TV purchase?

What's IMDA's and participating retailers' definition of "DTV equipment"?

Which option more wu hua (get money worth), any advice?
Option A: Opt for NMS STB and antenna delivery/installation, Option B: $100 for self purchase

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Old folks mah.. Even that can be confusing.. Sometimes will forget to switch either one off/on

Just need to know how to power on/off TV can already, the STB by default should turn on when there is power. At the end of the day just turn off the main power to both devices can liao.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the Hyundai HDV-360 set top box?
935a4f7e-154a-4b4a-b196-79779a3c9111.jpg

Looks decent, and it's selling for $50 on Qoo10 now.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/HYUNDAI-SINGAPORE-HDV-360-MEDIACORP-DVB-T2-DIGITAL-TUNER-DIGITAL-TV-CONVERSION/427311598
Saw that Fairprice Xtra at Hougang 1 is selling this set top box bundled with a GAT 1000 digital antenna for roughly $125 or $129.

Last edited:

honestguy

Reaction score
Ordered this, then the remote I received isn't the universal one. It's just another unit that looks like the one that came with the STB. End up the seller refunded me.

Seems like that seller updated his pictures all non universal remote but title still put universal.

And I still need to find another universal remote.. any suggestions?

See these 3 links:

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Replace...441867?hash=item51fe75284b:g:yOUAAOSw~9BZsoES

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/332488132202?ViewItem=&item=332488132202

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/1-X-Uni...731583?hash=item25e4c2577f:g:PCoAAOSwhpZZ-ZdK

Refer to my prev. post #1122 on how to differentiate b/w K2 std issue vs. eBay Universal one.

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw that Fairprice Xtra at Hougang 1 is selling this set top box bundled with a GAT 1000 digital antenna for roughly $125 or $129.
That's overpriced! :eek:

Qoo10 now only selling it for $60 with one year warranty, and also comes with the GAT-1000 indoor antenna too.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, by cheaper I meant the K2/K3 model, this one seem to be a scale down model of the K2 though. It only support TV with HDMI port so older CRT one will not work. Another pro is the option to use TV port (by default) for power instead of separate power adapter. But if existing antenna is active type then need to get their adapter ($5) or any 5V USB power adapter.

And as with the Hyundai model, there is no detail specs given.
Can't seem to find the K3 anymore on Qoo10, remember seeing it being sold at there before.

Is it the one sold by sinho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.