Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find the K3 anymore on Qoo10, remember seeing it being sold at there before.

Is it the one sold by sinho?

Yup, look like they no longer carry this model. Can still find it on ebay or Aliexpress but price not that attractive.

sumantochong

Reaction score
Anyone staying at Woodlands area already received the starter kit letter? Schedule to reach by May. I think Option B definitely attractive for sure as the Option A set top can easily buy online for $50 nia 😂

JX1983

Reaction score
Hi just to check if anyone knows if I have received the letter to collect the free box at M1 but I have just moved recently. Can I still go down to collect the box? Or they will based on the ic address?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi just to check if anyone knows if I have received the letter to collect the free box at M1 but I have just moved recently. Can I still go down to collect the box? Or they will based on the ic address?

It's based on the name stated on the letter together with NRIC for verification so you will not get another letter on your new address. Best to call them (1800-3884357) to clear your doubt.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my carpentry for the TV area is such that it would not be possible to pull antenna to the window, so I am hoping 1 of the premium antenna placed near the TV or behind the TV would work well for me.

Anyone uses or at least familiar with this particular antenna?

NMS%20CALLIE%20Gift%20Box%20-%20Top.png

Anyone knows how is it compared to Funke 550 or 5.1?

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there are extension cables for bringing your antenna closer to window

similar to this , just make sure the connector heads match
https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Premium...hash=item54520bbf1a:m:m5NA-R8fB2aiI4yutzHXcuA

if use together with that $13.90 qoo10 antenna with 4m cable (seller incorrect listed as 5m)
can reach far enough
It's not about not being long enough.

My TV is mounted on a display cabinet "feature wall" which has glass-door-ed shelving to the left and right of where the TV is mounted, so antenna cable pull to the window will be in the way of the glass door. So I need something that can receive well very near to or even behind the TV.

So ... yeah, anyone knows how is this NewMedia NMS Callie antenna compared to the Funke ones?

HoGnix

Reaction score
Regarding the IMDA's DTV Starter Kit, if one opts for the $100 self buy "DTV equipment", what can we buy? Antennas and the same New Media Solutions set top box?

Or can redeem to partially pay for a new DVB-T2 TV purchase?

What's IMDA's and participating retailers' definition of "DTV equipment"?

Which option more wu hua (get money worth), any advice?
Option A: Opt for NMS STB and antenna delivery/installation, Option B: $100 for self purchase

From the Words below:
What is IMDA's DTV Starter Kit?
The DTV Starter Kit helps Singaporean HDB households without pay TV service make a smooth transition to Digital TV. Between April and June 2018, eligible households will receive a letter from IMDA to redeem either a set-top box & antenna package or $100 off DTV equipment of your choice

Think TV with Digital Tuner Should be Qualified. or simply just bring the Redemption Letter to the Shop when buying DTV, and see accepted or not. (the shop will claim the Money based on the Letter).

HoGnix

Reaction score
there are extension cables for bringing your antenna closer to window

similar to this , just make sure the connector heads match
https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Premium...hash=item54520bbf1a:m:m5NA-R8fB2aiI4yutzHXcuA

if use together with that $13.90 qoo10 antenna with 4m cable (seller incorrect listed as 5m)
can reach far enough

Search the WEB, it is very simple to DIY the Antenna. I've done and tested, it can receive very clear DTV signal.
1. If the DTV is not near the place that it can receive DTV signal, connect the spare SCV Cable to TV antenna point and Make sure the other end (B) reaches the point that the DTV signal can be well received (Near window).
2. Find the old AC/DC adapter(transformer type charger) with round connector header ( Nokia Phone Charger 220VAC to 5V DC, its header is smaller).
3. Twist the B end of SCV Copper wire a bit. and plug the Charger head to it and make sure it would not loose contact (do not plug the AC/DC transformer to the Power Socket!)
4. Extend the transformer wire.
Done.

civicsir1

Reaction score
Can a hardware conversion be done

I have a LG47LM6700-TA with DVB-T. Is there anyway i could change the internal hardware to a DVB-T2 instead of getting a STB?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a LG47LM6700-TA with DVB-T. Is there anyway i could change the internal hardware to a DVB-T2 instead of getting a STB?

Not possible as tuner circuitry probably integrated on the main board. Can always contact the manufacturer to clear your doubt.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a 32" Smart DVB-t2 enabled tv using the $100 off. What do you guys recommend?

I saw LG @ $299, Samsung at $399 (J4303). But those are 2 years old model. Need smart to access Youtube and other apps.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malaysia just announced they will be airing World Cup on RTM1. Good news for people who can tune in to digital channel of tv1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.