Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea which are the eligible and good buys for the 100 SGD? TV?
I would also like to know, which brand of antenna and tV box is good buy under $100

Sent from :bandit:
Stay low Move fast !
Shoot first Die last !
One shot One kill !
No luck Pure skill !!
:s17: using GAGT

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another cheap STB clone similar to Ukobox but selling at less than 20 bucks! Delivery is via local Singpost registered mail ($2.50) which meant it's a local seller.

Anyone who brought this kindly leave your comment. Tks.

1126412996_04.g_400-w-st_g.jpg

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/2018-MODE...RE-RECEIVER-WIFI-DIGITAL/613002496?sid=156188

panicsotong

Reaction score
To receive Malaysia channels, is it just about the strength of antenna? I took the free STB with installation from IMDA so I'm wondering if I change the antenna to a model that has stronger signal, will I be able to receive Malaysia channels?

redglue23

Reaction score
To receive Malaysia channels, is it just about the strength of antenna? I took the free STB with installation from IMDA so I'm wondering if I change the antenna to a model that has stronger signal, will I be able to receive Malaysia channels?

I suspect the IMDA issued boxes are "locked" to Singapore channels, i.e. all those DVB-T2 boxes that are sold at NTUC/Courts/Harvey Norman. Anyone can confirm?

Another cheap STB clone similar to Ukobox but selling at less than 20 bucks! Delivery is via local Singpost registered mail ($2.50) which meant it's a local seller.

Anyone who brought this kindly leave your comment. Tks.

1126412996_04.g_400-w-st_g.jpg

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/2018-MODE...RE-RECEIVER-WIFI-DIGITAL/613002496?sid=156188

Read the review & Q&A. No Chinese support and cannot receive Malaysia channel. i.e. no free World Cup on RTM TV1. I pass, rather pay extra $2 to get the tried&tested&reviewed $24.90 K2 box from Sinho.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read the review & Q&A. No Chinese support and cannot receive Malaysia channel. i.e. no free World Cup on RTM TV1. I pass, rather pay extra $2 to get the tried&tested&reviewed $24.90 K2 box from Sinho.

It is the same issues with K2 STB as well. Whether can receive Malaysia channel(s) all depend on the location you stay and type of indoor antenna used.

All these cheapo STB are use over there as well.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I suspect the IMDA issued boxes are "locked" to Singapore channels, i.e. all those DVB-T2 boxes that are sold at NTUC/Courts/Harvey Norman. Anyone can confirm?

I dun think they can lock the channel within the box unless it is handed to you with all the channels preset.
The box still need to scan for the channel at your home.
The malaysia channel will depend on your antenna and your location.
It is already mentioned in other thread where a fellow guy bought a strong antenna and still cannot receive the malaysia channels.

bumperbee

Reaction score
In my experience indoor antenna is no good as the display will flicker at times. Only outdoor is the best

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Even now thru antenna can watch TV 1, when come to world cup, it will block it.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

billiejoe

Reaction score
https://ibb.co/et59Vy

If u have the bottom cable point aka matv, this is the last world cup u'll be able to watch via that. After this, ur digital antenna may get tv1 if ur location is good enough to capture it.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
How come last world cup via the MATV point ? MY shutting down analog ?

ccostagmont

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask u guys ah...
buy semo box will haf many many fwee channels worldwide ones?

mojipei

Reaction score
Browsing through this forum for the last 30 pages, and noticed that there were two recommendations for the STB and attenae. How do they compare? Is there any points I should be looking at when buying the STB?

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/DVB-T2-MEDIACORP-DIGITAL-RECEIVER-NEW-K2-DVB-T2-HOT-SALE-SPRING/425687059 Selling at $33.08 with antenna

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/LOCAL-WARRANTY-DVB-T2-RECEIVER-DVB-T2-TUNNER-DVB-T2-TVBOX-DIGITAL/612060918?selectedOptions=;;#none Selling at $35.89 with their active antenna

The second one comes with "free" HDMI cable which I don't need. Otherwise, the pricing are the same.

Any recommendations, please.

redglue23

Reaction score

I collected mine at M1 shop.

Plug the digital antenna into my DVB-T2 TV, can't receive any digital signal.

Gotta use the setup box then can receive digital signal.

The setup box also rather stupid. Piped into HDMI, which means change channel need to use new setup box remote. I suspect the frequency range are locked via firmware, can only scan and recognize mediacorps channels.

there's even a digital radio option which is greyed out. again lead me to believe are firmware disabled.

Eh please, you all think govt so good give you free $100 "unlocked" TV box to watch free RTM TV1 World Cup, the free TV box is "exclusively tuned/locked" to govt propaganda only. i.e. MediaCorp Channels.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Those china K2, K3 box, if switched on 24 hours daily will it catch fire? Or at most become faulty and do not work?

I read like some say the parts are cheap easily hot and heat sink not good.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
you can offer $50 to buy the box from other people then ....

What I mean is K2 K3 is made of cheap parts so become hot easily not sure if is it safe to on 24 hours a day or not. I do not mind it hot as long as no fire most important, if spoil cannot on is still ok at least no fire. I read there is one guy open the box and change a better heatsink, I am not going to change anything.

Last edited:

fumoffuXx

Reaction score
Hi bros.wish to ask. Whats recommended for landed owners if they wish to change to digital using existing antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.