Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter9898

Reaction score
I dun think they can lock the channel within the box unless it is handed to you with all the channels preset.
The box still need to scan for the channel at your home.
The malaysia channel will depend on your antenna and your location.
It is already mentioned in other thread where a fellow guy bought a strong antenna and still cannot receive the malaysia channels.

For those trying to receive Malaysia DVB-T2 signal, make sure u stay near the northern side of Singapore and your directional antenna is pointing towards the north.

Malaysia DVB-T2 is on UHF Ch 47.
Indonesia SCTV (Batam) is also on UHF Ch 47.

KardBoard

Reaction score
For those trying to receive Malaysia DVB-T2 signal, make sure u stay near the northern side of Singapore and your directional antenna is pointing towards the north.

Malaysia DVB-T2 is on UHF Ch 47.
Indonesia SCTV (Batam) is also on UHF Ch 47.
Hi. Did u able to get batam sctv. btw your location if able to share. Thnks

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good info.
bwxnF3Hl.jpg

is it correct?

A: MATV point (with radio point next to it)
B: Cable TV point (SCV)

Sent from OnePlus 5T using GAGT

Should be, since there's a "newer" Cable TV Point, the older one with radio point could be the older MATV with antenna at the top of the HDB.

I said could, cos the CTV point in my house both (living room and bed room) have that radio point. But these installed by SCV back then, and i've had Cable Modem setup from both point before.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has the new Draco?

Can the recording be played back in PC unlike the newmedia set? And does it have LED 7-seg that displays a clock?

Survivelater

Reaction score
I jus receive the letter for the digital tv.
so which one is better?
the one from newmedia or use the 100$ off to get other brand like draco? or any other recommandation for the digital tv box?

iamkira

Reaction score
I jus receive the letter for the digital tv.
so which one is better?
the one from newmedia or use the 100$ off to get other brand like draco? or any other recommandation for the digital tv box?

me too. they give one better or i should go get it from harvey norman etc.

coutuser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, if it is SCV point as it doesn't carry DVB-T2 signal. But if it those old HDB MATV with main antenna on the roof-top then it may be still able to receive DVB-T2 signal.

Noob here. But how to know if it SCV point or MATV point?

Also I think mine is SCV point. One is for TV, what is the other point for?

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SCV is cable point, not MATV

Sent from OnePlus 5T using GAGT
How old is ur flat. If the HDB is newer batch ones, then might not be so obvious. My home's MATV is also the screw in type one.

The more definite way is to connect a tv to it and see if u can tune in to the SCV test channel.
ajG79gwl.jpg

Only the SCV point can turn in to the test channel

dexter9898

Reaction score
me too. they give one better or i should go get it from harvey norman etc.

Choose Option A for a free box and antenna plus free installation. Buy from shop and if installation fail for whatever reasons, you pay extra 30 dollars from your own pocket to get installation from the distributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.