Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanzhu60

Reaction score
Hi ,if I have a Nvidia TV box ,jus need an antenna only right ? Bought an antenna online but seems the connector doesn't fit the TV directly . Any advise ?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi ,if I have a Nvidia TV box ,jus need an antenna only right ? Bought an antenna online but seems the connector doesn't fit the TV directly . Any advise ?
Nvidia TV Box is not a Digital TV tuner set top box..

It's just an Android box.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply . In tis case ,if my TV is digital ready ,just need an antenna to connect to TV and it can co-exist with my Nvidia box ?

Yup as long as there is sufficient HMDI ports on the TV to hook up all the different boxes.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply . In tis case ,if my TV is digital ready ,just need an antenna to connect to TV and it can co-exist with my Nvidia box ?

If your TV is DVB-T2 ready, then you just need an Antenna.

Your Nvidia Box is only thru HDMI, will not affect your Normal TV viewing.

cokecheers

Reaction score
Get Free setup box + Antenna or redeem $100

Hi have 3 flat screen tv at home and all are not digital TV. Does it mean I need to have 3 set of digital setup box + Antenna in order to watch digital tv for all 3 TV?

I am entitled to the Free starter kit by IMDA, is it more worth it to get the Free setup box + Antenna or redeem $100?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi have 3 flat screen tv at home and all are not digital TV. Does it mean I need to have 3 set of digital setup box + Antenna in order to watch digital tv for all 3 TV?

I am entitled to the Free starter kit by IMDA, is it more worth it to get the Free setup box + Antenna or redeem $100?

Yup, STB + antenna for all TVs

And no, you can't redeem DTV kit as cash, you either opt for approved STB or use it to offset purchase of TV or antenna.

cokecheers

Reaction score
Yup, STB + antenna for all TVs

And no, you can't redeem DTV kit as cash, you either opt for approved STB or use it to offset purchase of TV or antenna.

Is the approved STB a better deal or use it to offset the purchase of a STB and antenna?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which is a better choice? Any recommendation? Thanks.

I'm more gear toward Draco since they have a head start when DTV was first introduced here, meaning more stable firmware. But the copy-protection feature is a turn-off, it seem like all approved STB have this! :(

yes1705

Master Member
Reaction score
Found the answer.

Courts selling the Draco HDT2-7700 bundle with Funke DSC250 active antenna for $100. But look like it has the same copy-protection feature as the NMS. :(

Still need confirmation on the copy-protection (HDCP) part.

I'm more gear toward Draco since they have a head start when DTV was first introduced here, meaning more stable firmware. But the copy-protection feature is a turn-off, it seem like all approved STB have this! :(

https://www.courts.com.sg/draco-hdt...ital-tv-receiver-bundle-with-antenna-ip138947

Found the same $100 offer on Courts online store. Can I buy online and pay COD with Digital TV voucher to delivery guy? :D

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i use the $100 voucher to redeem 2-3 antennas? i dun really need a dvbt2 receiver box..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.