Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

My Samsung LED TV UA39EH5003MXXS (https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/model/UA39EH5003MXXS/), from the user manual and samsung website, it can receive digital broadcast without a set-top box.

I bought an external antenna and connect to this TV, but I could not received any digital channel. since the DVB set-top box is not expensive, i bought one and connect to the same external antenna, it can receive all digital channels.

just wondering could it be this is the first generation of digital TV not compatible with DVB-T2?
UA39EH5003MXXS doesn't support DVB-T2, likely is the older DVB-T.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the wall antenna port that is previously connected to Starhub settop box, is that MATV? Can I use that port as an antenna if its previously connected to Starhub STB? Or I still need to get a separate antenna?
That is the StarHub cable point, you can't use it to receive digital TV.

You will have to get an indoor antenna if your TV supports DVB-T2. Otherwise, you will have to get an digital T2 box too.

Cocoon33

Reaction score
UA39EH5003MXXS doesn't support DVB-T2, likely is the older DVB-T.

DVB-T tv can receive channel 5 only as it broadcasting both on dvbT& dvbT2, other HD channels are broadcasting only on Dvbt2. So those digital tv on dvbT have to use full set top box.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DVB-T tv can receive channel 5 only as it broadcasting both on dvbT& dvbT2, other HD channels are broadcasting only on Dvbt2. So those digital tv on dvbT have to use full set top box.
Eh I thought Mediacorp has ceased transmission on DVB-T platform and already fully transitioned to DVB-T2?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I received the starter kit mailer today, plan to use the $100 voucher to get an digital set top box+indoor antenna combo.

Is the Draco HDT2-7700 with Funke DSC250 indoor antenna a good buy? The Funke DSC250 should be similar to the DSC550, or is the NMS box+antenna combo good enough?

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi my tv has dvb t2 tuner, right now i am using passive antenna but cannot receive malaysia channels, all local channels no problems.

now my question is, should i redeem their set top box+antenna (coz i see some ppl posted here their default package can receive malaysia channels)? or just go courts and get the funke 550 or 250 antenna without box.

Would getting the default stb+antenna has higher chance of receiving malaysia channels? I am living in amk ave 10 top floor if it helps.

PPkiller

Reaction score
maybe that model not valid for this dtv redemption.. anyway they say they no stock for that also.. funke 250 or 550 can be redeem with vouchers

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I received the starter kit mailer today, plan to use the $100 voucher to get an digital set top box+indoor antenna combo.

Is the Draco HDT2-7700 with Funke DSC250 indoor antenna a good buy? The Funke DSC250 should be similar to the DSC550, or is the NMS box+antenna combo good enough?

Both DSC250 and DSC550 has the same 33dB gain whilst the one from NMS has 36dB. No idea if the 3dB gain made any difference or not. I just got my NMS bundle via normal mail but haven't had the time to try out.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Both DSC250 and DSC550 has the same 33dB gain whilst the one from NMS has 36dB. No idea if the 3dB gain made any difference or not. I just got my NMS bundle via normal mail but haven't had the time to try out.

Bro. Do us a favour test it out n let us know the outcome. Btw can record rite? Port HD nt an issue? Using usb 3.0 or 2.0.
Believe via mail is order thru IMDA rite?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe that model not valid for this dtv redemption.. anyway they say they no stock for that also.. funke 250 or 550 can be redeem with vouchers

No reason this model is not valid for redemption, I believed they trying to BS you, can always email IMDA for confirmation.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro. Do us a favour test it out n let us know the outcome. Btw can record rite? Port HD nt an issue? Using usb 3.0 or 2.0.
Believe via mail is order thru IMDA rite?

Will definitely need to test out all the features as the intention is to use this as backup/spare.

Recording (PVR) is standard feature nowadays, even my cheap China-made STB has it. The question you should be asking is whether it can be play on PC and the answer is no (playable on the STB itself).

No idea what you meant by "Port HD"!

USB port is 2.0.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I lost my letter. Ida say use ic can already. But bd say need letter. Lol

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
。。。Would getting the default stb+antenna has higher chance of receiving malaysia channels? I am living in amk ave 10 top floor if it helps.
宏茂橋?比較難些。。。就算你用幾好嘅天綫,數碼廣播接收頂盒。。。因爲太中啦!如果你係住Point Block果度空曠D,可能呱。。。

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the k2 box no longer available on qoo10? any other recommendations to buy good one from qoo10?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the k2 box no longer available on qoo10? any other recommendations to buy good one from qoo10?

Cannot be lah! Still got plenty of sellers leh, Sinho is still selling.

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/DVB-T2-ME...2-HOT-SALE-SPRING/425687059?banner_no=1305330
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/DVB-T2-DI...MART-MEDIA-PLAYER/437235504?selectedOptions=;
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/OEM-FULL-...-BROADCASTING-SET/622507275?banner_no=1305330

Might want to check out other like Ukobox which has local warranty. But as usual, do you own research first by going thru buyer's feedback.

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/DIGITALBO...TUNNER-DVB-T2-BOX/612060918?banner_no=1305330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.