Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxiong88

Reaction score
They will be installing the NMS brand, which is the same available at the 4 participating retail stores:
NMS%20ETA%20Stereo%20STB2-T2%20High.jpg

However, if you choose to buy from the participating retail store, you get a choice to choose between the NMS brand and Draco brand.

Draco brand better right?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Draco STB owner, does the media player support RMVB (Real Media) video format? NMS STB doesn't!

dexter9898

Reaction score
For Draco STB owner, does the media player support RMVB (Real Media) video format? NMS STB doesn't!

Don't think so since RMVB is not a popular format anymore even in China. :s22:

As we are still using H.264....China is already pushing for H.265 on their streaming website.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think so since RMVB is not a popular format anymore even in China. :s22:

As we are still using H.264....China is already pushing for H.265 on their streaming website.

Not popular doesn't meant the codec cannot be included in player, K2/3 STB support it but doesn't support Unicode, what a joke!

H.265 is there to cater to 4K format, most embedded player still doesn't have the hardware/software to support it.

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can DC182SGB receive digital signals?

Got an old one but no connectors/cable yet.

POLvoALl.jpg

Sent from SomeWhereUpThere using GAGT

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
previously IMDA sent me the digital tv letter but I ignore it. if I need it now, can I ask them to resend?

i need to get a digital antenna.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can DC182SGB receive digital signals?

Got an old one but no connectors/cable yet.

POLvoALl.jpg

Sent from SomeWhereUpThere using GAGT

Nope, this STB is meant for cable TV, I don't see why they would include DVB-T2 tuner in their box!

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
previously IMDA sent me the digital tv letter but I ignore it. if I need it now, can I ask them to resend?

Someone asked this before and was told by IMDA to use their NRIC to redeem. Whether this is acceptable to the retailer remains to be seen as they seem to only accept the DTV kit.

dexter9898

Reaction score

Go to website and apply. They will re-send the letter. Don't bother going down to show the staff your NRIC, due to personal data protection, they can't collect your NRIC number. They need the letter to get money from IMDA.

https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#apply

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go to website and apply. They will re-send the letter. Don't bother going down to show the staff your NRIC, due to personal data protection, they can't collect your NRIC number. They need the letter to get money from IMDA.

You sure about that?

According to their FAQ:
I lost my DTV Starter Kit notification letter. Can I still redeem the DTV Starter Kit?

If you are the addressee on the notification letter, you can still redeem the DTV Starter Kit by producing your NRIC. The address on your NRIC will have to match the address stated on the letter for the redemption to be successful.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I did not received my letter so I called IMDA to tell them to send my another one. The reply was " don't need to wait for letter, just bring IC to the 4 shops ".

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No such thing as personal data protection for this case. Even you bring the letter, which has name and ic no stated, you still need to produce ic to the cashiers for them to check before they hand over the sets to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.