Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problematic K2 batch is the ones packaged in "BLUE" box, SINHO is selling the "ORANGE" box. The "BLUE" box got so many complaints on Qoo10, think Qoo10 already pulled them off the shelf already.

Thanks for sharing this.

Who were the seller(s) of the problematic K2?

redglue23

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this.

Who were the seller(s) of the problematic K2?

Buyers just need to recognize the "BLUE" box packaging of the DVB-T2 box + white band of printed logo on the DVB-T2 box lcd screen + power jack aligned with RCA ports. Those are the problematic ones, as mentioned earlier, super high failure rate within 3 months.

No need to name and shame here. Alot of these Qoo10/Shopee sellers are drop-shippers, just want to make quick buck, whoever supply the cheapest China DVB-T2 box, they just take and sell to Singapore.

Yes, I actually read through most of the Qoo10 buyer's reviews + Q&A to reach the conclusion and understand the difference between all the DVB-T2 models.

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buyers just need to recognize the "BLUE" box packaging of the DVB-T2 box + white band of printed logo on the DVB-T2 box lcd screen + power jack aligned with RCA ports. Those are the problematic ones, as mentioned earlier, super high failure rate within 3 months.

No need to name and shame here. Alot of these Qoo10/Shopee sellers are drop-shippers, just want to make quick buck, whoever supply the cheapest China DVB-T2 box, they just take and sell to Singapore.

Yes, I actually read through most of the Qoo10 buyer's reviews + Q&A to reach the conclusion and understand the difference between all the DVB-T2 models.

Actually was "K2" model being mentioned in the ads? I don't recall seeing this STB being sold in Qoo10. Also the packaging can be changed with ease.

Don't see anything wrong with naming the seller(s) if they were indeed selling problematic product. Why let these group grow in the first place?

Anyway, the problematic K2 I initially talk about has the same built as the original one but with a upgraded pcb. Think got additional signal indicator, can't recall the details.

hyper_megaman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys! What's the best option right now for set top boxes (that are redeemable under the IMDA scheme)? Preferably don't have to pay a single cent.

Has anyone compared functionality and all that.

Also, what do i do if i lost the letter?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys! What's the best option right now for set top boxes (that are redeemable under the IMDA scheme)? Preferably don't have to pay a single cent.

Has anyone compared functionality and all that.

Also, what do i do if i lost the letter?

There are only 2 STB model to choose from, namely Draco and NMS. For the latter, one can redeem online and get it send directly to your mailbox. Draco bundle has better antenna from funke.

Functionality wise should be about the same. One major difference is the remote for NMS has additional button for controlling the TV. In short, one remote for 2 devices. Do take note that both STB doesn't allow playback of recorded TV on PC, ie. it's copy-protected.

Use your NRIC to redeem, that is according to IMDA reply.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what is the usage of the set top box? Coz i am thinking of getting the antenna for watching the local channels only.

Issit only for those non digital tv?

Last edited:

williamgohsg

Reaction score
Thanks for the amazing inputs here ah! What do you guys think of the latest Apple TV? Worth the buy?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what is the usage of the set top box? Coz i am thinking of getting the antenna for watching the local channels only.

Issit only for those non digital tv?

Yes, you're right.

If you have the DTV kit, just choose the STB bundle you wish to redeem, it already comes with active antenna so no need to purchase another one.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're right.

If you have the DTV kit, just choose the STB bundle you wish to redeem, it already comes with active antenna so no need to purchase another one.

I mean with $100, can get DSC560 x2?
Probably sell the 2nd one at low price.
Can non-digital TV works with antenna only?

If using 100$ to offset low cost digital TV is how much? Which DTV is recommended?

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I mean with $100, can get DSC560 x2?
Probably sell the 2nd one at low price.
Can non-digital TV works with antenna only?

If using 100$ to offset low cost digital TV is how much? Which DTV is recommended?

Yes, DSC560 is one of the qualifying model. Probably need to top-up the difference for 2 units.

No, non-DTV require a STB with DVB-T2 tuner and antenna to work.

How much can offset would depend on the price of the DTV you wish to purchase. Someone posted earlier a 32" DTV selling for $179.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, DSC560 is one of the qualifying model. Probably need to top-up the difference for 2 units.

No, non-DTV require a STB with DVB-T2 tuner and antenna to work.

How much can offset would depend on the price of the DTV you wish to purchase. Someone posted earlier a 32" DTV selling for $179.

Any idea when? I can't find it in this thread.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday my TV which is using the new media solutions TV box started having issues.

While watching different channels, it would at times be muted for a few seconds, go blank, or seem to reset the channel. (HDMI word displays on the screen, with the chosen resolution type).

All these happening despite the signal intensity and quality being at 100%.

Does anyone know what the issue is, any help would be appreciated thanks.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday my TV which is using the new media solutions TV box started having issues.

While watching different channels, it would at times be muted for a few seconds, go blank, or seem to reset the channel. (HDMI word displays on the screen, with the chosen resolution type).

All these happening despite the signal intensity and quality being at 100%.

Does anyone know what the issue is, any help would be appreciated thanks.

is the box hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.