Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check if anyone purchased the draco set + funke dsc5.1/550/560 recently?

I called 3 Harvey Norman stores today. All said the $100 can only be used to redeem the Draco set + Dsc250 antenna(I only asked about the Draco set).

If we want to get a different antenna, you have to buy separately.

Edit: IMDA said they have no control over what the stores do. Also said that Harvey Norman very strict on their policies. Asked me to buy elsewhere.

Anyone know if Courts have the Draco set + Funke DSC 560? Best Denki said only Harvey Norman have the Draco + Funke combo

are you asking courts to give you the combo free or you have told courts that you are willing to top up $30-$50?

minuteez

Reaction score
are you asking courts to give you the combo free or you have told courts that you are willing to top up $30-$50?

I have not checked at Courts. I cant seem to find the store number to enquire. Seems like I have to go down personally.

Yups, I did ask how much I need to top up. All of the Harvey Norman stores I called said will need to pay full $65. The redemption letter can only be used to redeem Draco 7700 + Funke 250. They dont have the option to get Draco 7700 + Funke 560

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have not checked at Courts. I cant seem to find the store number to enquire. Seems like I have to go down personally.

Yups, I did ask how much I need to top up. All of the Harvey Norman stores I called said will need to pay full $65. The redemption letter can only be used to redeem Draco 7700 + Funke 250. They dont have the option to get Draco 7700 + Funke 560

but why insist to get 560? 250 can't work in your house?

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score

The Draco STB 7720 comes w the Funke 250 as a bundle inside the packaging. So meaning if he wan to get Funke 560 then nd to buy separately lo. I think he was asking to take out the Funke 250 n replace w a 560.
Lol. Lik tat nd to top up of course la.

minuteez

Reaction score

For my house, old cheap antenna can get DTV already. :s13: This is for one TV that has in built tuner. Malaysia channels cant get at all.

So for the main TV that does not have in built tuner, wanted to get something stronger to see if it helps to get Malaysia channels. Doesnt have to be the 560. Can be the 5.1 or 550 also.

Will also be trying at relatives places to see if it will work for them. Right now they are all receiving analogue Malaysia channels.

I got triggered by HN sales people who say must buy Draco set as a bundle. One of them even said that once you switch to DTV, confirm cannot get Malaysia channels. This seems contrary to what's been said in this thread, ie you can buy Draco set with diff Funke antenna & that its possible to get Malaysia channels, given the right conditions.

minuteez

Reaction score
The Draco STB 7720 comes w the Funke 250 as a bundle inside the packaging. So meaning if he wan to get Funke 560 then nd to buy separately lo. I think he was asking to take out the Funke 250 n replace w a 560.
Lol. Lik tat nd to top up of course la.

Thats right, take out the 250 & replace with the 560, top up the difference.

I remembered somebody buying the Draco with Funke 5.1. Can't find the post at the moment. =:p

Maybe the person didnt buy at HN. Maybe at Courts.

Edit:- I must be mistaken. Other forumers bought multiple antennas & not the Draco set top box with other antennas.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard M1 support damn difficult to get hold of, is it true?

Do keep us posted on the outcome.

Sorry, just noticed your post. :o

I actually called the main number first, then they gave me another number to call during office hours. Next day, I called that number and was asked to leave my number for someone to call me back.

I later got a call from their technical personnel who guided me to check then scan the channels all over again. After that, things were still the same so he fixed an appointment for someone to come to check/change the box.

Few days later, got a call from an M1 guy. He turned up at my place, pressed a few buttons when I described the problem. Then he said should be the box spoil, so he changed a new one.

So far so good, though it "coughed" once, a day or 2 after the change. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be anymore problem.

Thanks, guys, for your help. :)

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Thats right, take out the 250 & replace with the 560, top up the difference.

I remembered somebody buying the Draco with Funke 5.1. Can't find the post at the moment. =:p

Maybe the person didnt buy at HN. Maybe at Courts.

Edit:- I must be mistaken. Other forumers bought multiple antennas & not the Draco set top box with other antennas.
Tats rite. The Funke250 is inside the packaging w the Draco STB-7720. Buy mus buy whole set la.

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any best deal to make use of $100 voucher for a small 40” TV?

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Based on the IDA list, it seems like my Sony KD-49X7000E is not Digital TV ready. Does it means I have to get the antenna too?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics...projectors-lcd-tvs/kd-49x7000e/specifications

However, based on my research theres 'DVB-T/T2', this means I only need to get the antenna only?

IMDA list will never cover all the available model out there, and also depend very much on manufacturer whether they send in for certification.

Yes, if it's DTV ready, ie. having DVB-T2 tuner, then all you need is an antenna. Go for simple passive type first before spending more on active one if need be.

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMDA list will never cover all the available model out there, and also depend very much on manufacturer whether they send in for certification.

Yes, if it's DTV ready, ie. having DVB-T2 tuner, then all you need is an antenna. Go for simple passive type first before spending more on active one if need be.
P.S it was actually on the IMDA list as Digital ready.

retlif

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Draco 7700 suddenly shutdown and went turned back on displayed this error code:
UpL46uy.jpg

Any idea what is wrong?

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buying a TV for parents with not-perfect eyesight.

Is 32" 1366x768 OK? Are the broadcast DVB-T2 signals 1920x1080 or 1366x768?

miketkf

Reaction score
Any best deal to make use of $100 voucher for a small 40” TV?

My SAMSUNG UA40J5250DKXXS 40 IN FULL HD SMART LED TV had arrived this afternoon from Courts.
https://www.courts.com.sg/samsung-ua40j5250dkxxs-40-in-full-hd-smart-led-tv-ip138023

I had tested it and the reception from all the Singapore channels are quite good and the picture display quality is good. I am using DVD files converted to mkv files to store in USB drive. I used the USB storage drive to watch TV series and the picture quality is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.